Deeply disappointed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thumper559

Earning My Ears
My family and I just checked in at 10:am and went to Epcot to begin what was hoped to be a great trip. We are celebrating my parent 50 anniversary. We get back at 4:30 to head to our room when we are told it is not ready! Check in is 4:00. But it’s not ready. Now it is 5:30. And.... “it is not ready!” I am sorry but as a dvc member who is welcomed home I am beyond lvivid. Having to try to explain to my kids and my parents that we cannot yet change out of sweaty clothes and go to dinner or to even rest at the pool is tough. When this trip was planned 3 years ago .... I’m sorry. Dvc was great. Right now when I see “regular guests get their room but we are still sitting in the lobby I fail to see how we are home. Very dissatisfied with the current issues.

I feel your pain. Happened to us last trip to Boulder Ridge. Didn’t get our room until 6 pm and had 8 of us ranging in age from 2-60. It was pretty rough keeping the 2 toddlers busy and out of trouble in the lobby areas, as we didn’t have our luggage either. I really wish DVC would do better, even if it requires hiring more Mousekeeping. They clearly are unable to keep up.

We have waited past 6:30 a few times. It’s not the norm, sorry to read thats it‘s happening.

A manager may be able to comp you a meal. We got a $100 gift card once at BWV. The only time we were comped, but it did help lighten our mood. There we’re 7 of us waiting for a 2 bedroom.

My family and I just checked in at 10:am and went to Epcot to begin what was hoped to be a great trip. We are celebrating my parent 50 anniversary. We get back at 4:30 to head to our room when we are told it is not ready! Check in is 4:00. But it’s not ready. Now it is 5:30. And.... “it is not ready!” I am sorry but as a dvc member who is welcomed home I am beyond lvivid. Having to try to explain to my kids and my parents that we cannot yet change out of sweaty clothes and go to dinner or to even rest at the pool is tough. When this trip was planned 3 years ago .... I’m sorry. Dvc was great. Right now when I see “regular guests get their room but we are still sitting in the lobby I fail to see how we are home. Very dissatisfied with the current issues.

Any updates?

My CR room wasn't ready until 6pm once. Really aggravating. Did not even get a FP. If it ever happens again I will request compensation as the room prices are now expensive per hour!

I don't understand why you can't go to the pool?
When you arrive at 4 pm and expect that your room is ready, you have probably had a long day of traveling and just want to get in your room, freshen up and then go for dinner (as was our case). For some people afterward, swimming may be on the agenda, but in our case, the 2 and 4 year old just needed to eat and get to bed, as they had been up since very early in the morning. I can’t imagine that our case is that unique. When you travel with little people, the hours in your day are shorter.

Is Disney suffering from lack of employees/cast members as is much of the world at the moment? That might explain why some rooms are not yet ready. I know it doesn't help your situation but I'm wondering if that is the issue.

DVC rooms have been close to capacity for a long time and even before Covid this was an issue at times certain places.

Also let me just say Disney bragged about how easy it was to recall people so I give them zero passes on not having enough employees.

Remember DVC resorts were the first to reopen. If they pulled employees to move them to All Stars or Poly Cash or wherever that should not happen imo.

We had this happen back in 2018. My family was staying at VGF (for the 1st time) in a 2 bedroom. We drove from NJ, stopping in Ga for the night. We had driven almost 5 hours and had dinner reservations at Raglan Road at 7:15pm. We arrived just after 4pm. Everyone was tired and looking forward to resting and freshening up before dinner. We were told our room would not ready to after 6pm We would have to freshen up in the bathroom.

I was not happy and politely expressed to the CM how I felt. She was very apologetic. I express how tired we were, but in the same turn we all were so excited to see our Villa after driving for 2 days. ☹️ We did get our room after 6pm with just enough

But before we left dinner, a CM at the check desk had me sit down and apologize for the inconvenience. She explained that they were credit my account for the inconvenience (I don’t remember the exact amount it was either $385 or $475). We also received MouseKeeping everyday and we were staying on points.

I didn’t love waiting 2 hours in the lobby but at least at VGF it was a gorgeous lobby. And I did appreciate the compensation and extra mousekeeping👍🏻😎

Is Disney suffering from lack of employees/cast members as is much of the world at the moment? That might explain why some rooms are not yet ready. I know it doesn't help your situation but I'm wondering if that is the issue.
Yes. They are currently offering a $1000 sign on bonus for housekeeping. They need them bad.

We had this happen back in 2018. My family was staying at VGF (for the 1st time) in a 2 bedroom. We drove from NJ, stopping in Ga for the night. We had driven almost 5 hours and had dinner reservations at Raglan Road at 7:15pm. We arrived just after 4pm. Everyone was tired and looking forward to resting and freshening up before dinner. We were told our room would not ready to after 6pm We would have to freshen up in the bathroom.

I was not happy and politely expressed to the CM how I felt. She was very apologetic. I express how tired we were, but in the same turn we all were so excited to see our Villa after driving for 2 days. ☹ We did get our room after 6pm with just enough

But before we left dinner, a CM at the check desk had me sit down and apologize for the inconvenience. She explained that they were credit my account for the inconvenience (I don’t remember the exact amount it was either $385 or $475). We also received MouseKeeping everyday and we were staying on points.

I didn’t love waiting 2 hours in the lobby but at least at VGF it was a gorgeous lobby. And I did appreciate the compensation and extra mousekeeping👍🏻😎

This was our exact scenario 1/19 at Boulder Ridge and there was no compensation offered. We never thought to ask for it and it wasn’t offered. It certainly doesn’t reflect well on DVC in my opinion. Ww have never had these issues at other hotels ..... just DVC.

This happened to us when we rented points at CCV in 2019. We arrived at 9:30am so we were exhausted from getting on a 5:30am flight. I knew we couldn't rely on our room being ready when we got there, but we didn't get in until about 6pm. I inquired every hour starting at about 3pm. There was no apology or compensation (which I didn't expect). That is the last time we will take a flight that early; we were too tired to go to the parks when we arrived and we stayed in the hotel just hoping the room would be ready soon. I still love Wilderness Lodge (and was glad they have such nice little seating areas in the hotel) but it was a very long day.

Yes, this happened to us this past June. Room wasn't ready at 7:45 pm when we arrived at CCV. We were planning on grabbing something to eat and have some drinks at Geyser Point anyway so we didn't mind too much. They gave us a $100.00 credit for the inconvenience. Our room was ready about 15 minutes later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter