Deeply disappointed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep seeing those arguing that check in is after 4... so you room doesn't need to be ready.
I don't see your point. When I see check in is after 4... check in means INTO my room. So after 4 one should reasonably assume they will get their room... not before 4.
Check in, doesn't mean let us know you've arrived after 4 and we will get you a room at some point that evening. Check in means CHECK IN to your room. I understand that it might not be ready at the crack of 4 as unforeseen things can happen. But anything after an hour or so does deserve more than a smile and I'm so sorry. We pay quite a bit per hour to enjoy these rooms, they should be ready by 4. We also need to be good about being out by 11. We are always out by 8-9 on check out day.... so as to be considerate to the next party coming in.
I wonder sometimes, if many of the, " Oh well, it's Disney and they do no wrong," aren't by people paid by disney , LOL> seriously, check is 4pm. period. I see housekeeping taking off at 11-12 and another group comes in??? if that schedule isn't working, change it. if you can't get rooms clean because you don't have the staff, don't over book. also, as DVC owners, we do not get nor do we require housekeeping on the regular. So again, I ask what's the deal with late check in's? They know when they have a bigger than usual check out and should staff for that.

Please read what I quoted. And then get back to me. I didnt tell anybody what to do, i just said dont tell me I am wrong for not raising a big stink when that is not how I handle that.
and I didn't tell either, I asked, and I should point out, sometimes, it's the squeaky wheel... Proven by the number of people who did express displeasure, ( not by having a fit), and got comped, and an apology and so forth. We pay much to much to be treated like that. It's welcome Home, not welcome home but you must wait 4 hrs for your keys so hang out in the ????? Also, the only way any business knows there's a problem is if they are told. I mean, I know it's Disney magic but I doubt they get info through osmosis? Right? Plus I'll wait 20-30 min. no big deal, any longer, and for what we pay on a vacation there, that's all the leeway they get from us.
late has only happened to us twice in well over 70 stays, once was at SS. We got a free dinner , in our room, and there is not room service there. I thought that was very nice.
The other was OKW. now that was awful. I spoke with several people, including housekeeping at the end, from a house phone. I found out there was a room , but for whatever reason it was being held for someone else. so then we called the manager and asked him to verify this is fron of us. he face got so red, and we were in our room about 15 min,. later.
We’ve pretty fortunate that in almost 30 trips, the latest we’ve had a room ready is 5:30p. Maybe it’s bc we generally book studios. That one time it was at SSR and we did speak to a manager about it. Good thing we did bc there was an actual issue with the room they had to remove it from inventory. They comp’d us for dinner.

I’d say we generally get into our room around 2p which we appreciate greatly since we typically arrive around 10a. But we pack swimwear to spend the first day napping by the pool to make up for the 2:30a rising time. We also make late dinner reservations near the resort.

If my room was ready later than about 8p I’d be looking for returned points.

What bothers me more is Mousekeeping hurrying people out in the morning. We generally leave the resort room by to give them a head start.

Only once have we ever gotten a knock on the door— it was when we had a 2BR theme park view at BLT. They kept asking starting around 8a if they could start while we were still packing up. I finally got so annoyed I told them we wouldn’t be leaving the room until 10:30a and not to ask again. It just felt wrong to me that the one time we needed a later departure, they were pressuring us.

We just finished a trip to BWV in a 1BR — first time I can remember not getting our room request and it was ready at 4p on the dot no sooner.

Mousekeeping was still in the hallway in force so I presume others weren’t as lucky.
look what happens when one speaks up for themselves. imagine that! Good for you. I wish you no more late check-ins ever. LOL

it's all under the same umbrella.

I should be more precise. I am not talk about the sales group. I am talk about the timeshare ownership group which is owned by the membership. That group then hires Disney since those voted to the boards of each resort are typically from Disney.

and I didn't tell either, I asked, and I should point out, sometimes, it's the squeaky wheel... Proven by the number of people who did express displeasure, ( not by having a fit), and got comped, and an apology and so forth. We pay much to much to be treated like that. It's welcome Home, not welcome home but you must wait 4 hrs for your keys so hang out in the ????? Also, the only way any business knows there's a problem is if they are told. I mean, I know it's Disney magic but I doubt they get info through osmosis? Right? Plus I'll wait 20-30 min. no big deal, any longer, and for what we pay on a vacation there, that's all the leeway they get from us.
late has only happened to us twice in well over 70 stays, once was at SS. We got a free dinner , in our room, and there is not room service there. I thought that was very nice.
No you didnt. You flat out stated those of us that dont complain are the reason it keeps happening. Still BS no matter how you yry to frame it now. Like I have said, fine if you want to complain, you have that right. But we also have thd right not to and it isn't our fault if we choose not to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter