Decline In WDW Operator Friendliness

Rusty provides some very interesting insider information in regard to their call center positions.

Disney is adopting principles of many other corporations. Their staff is most likely plagued with high turnover, on the job training, and stressed out staff. Their system is designed to continually monitor the minute by minute performance of individuals by measures which may or may not have correlation to customer satisfaction. These types of systems also create a poor relationship between employees and management due to the stress it creates and the trust it erodes if goals are set unrealistic. I would expect these groups operate in a continual stress-survival mode. Also, these types of system can often be manipulated by some of your more intelligent employees who possess a rebel element in their personality.

Most of the magic is not in Disney...it is in the individuals who visit Disney.

i'm so glad you started this thread bc i have been really wow'd by the rudeness-i am tired of kissing their butts and trying to be so up and cheery and nice so they will be nice and helpful to me. i find it really bad business and i assume it is more than half of them (and not just one or two bad apples) that are disgruntled and burnt out.

I feel Disney service has gone downhill.

BUT...I don't know if my memory of the past is realistic. I was a child/teenager and maybe had rose-colored glasses. I saw Disney World as a place that wanted to make people happy. I didn't realize it was a business run by real people with real moods.

Also, my interaction was probably minimal with cast members. They probably dealt mostly with my parents.

I do have higher expectations for Disney World. Well, I DID have higher expectations. Now my expectations have gone down.

I've had a few very nice cast members. But most have been mediocre. Some have seen impatient and bored.

In terms of Disney customer service, I think it's about equal to any other company now. Sometimes you get lucky and get someone really nice. Other times....you don't.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter