December 2021 trip planning

We had our 2 day return test booked to be delivered by Chronomics, they have just sent us an email with a link to upgrade to PCR from the original one needed.

£50 for 2 of us on top of what we already paid. But, new code for PLF.

Not a bad service for such a short time since the change was announced.

I've just read Randox have removed their gold postbox option, so its just the standard results by 11.59pm the next day.
Does it matter? You only have to take the test on or before day 2 - I don't think there is a time limit on when the result comes back.

Presumably if we missed our slot, that's it?
I doubt it would matter if you were a day late. There might be a bit of a queue, but cancelling tests just because a flight is late ... seems unlikely :)

Am I over thinking this?
Probably 😉

I had booked our 2 day lft with Chronomics and have had the email to offer an upgrade to pcr. However it doesn't say how long it takes to get the results back.

@Plague
Lol thanks I'm sure I am overthinking everything.
It does matter how long it takes to get the results back as we have to go back to work / school, and have to isolate until we get a negative result. I'm already going to be missing the first day of work after we arrive home. ( We arrive home Tues 4th Jan and I'm due back to work on 5th - I work in a school so no work from home option for me!)

Just changed our pre flight supervised test to Friday rather than Thursday, as hearing now that USA may require tests done no later than 24 hours in advance of departure, rather than 3 days for ALL travellers. Even if doesn't happen straight away, wasn't prepared to take the risk! Hold on Mickey, we will get to you.....

So, I've changed our video appointments with Qured from Thursday evening to Saturday morning. Very relieved they will not have to be PCR tests.

I now have antigen booked for 23 hours before flight, was able to postpone them by a day, also relieved its not pcr or having to get tested on arrival in Orlando. Already have to get tested in Orlando for returning to Ireland now

I don't know whether to change my appointments again. I've booked them from 9am onwards on the Saturday and we fly 11.40 am on Sunday.
Virgin have sent out two different messages apparently saying slightly different things.
I really think it will be the 1 day before, not 24 hours otherwise if the flight was delayed it could cause issues.
We really wanted to be on our way to Heathrow straight after lunch so we arrive while its still light out.
I wonder how long it will take for the attestation to be updated.

Hope you hear soon, we could have gone for earlier in the day but decided it didnt make matter to us whether we tested at say 10am or 2pm so just went for the later option to be within the 24 hours, as you say though if our flight time changed again it wont make any difference! We dont live too far from airport so will just have to drive there twice now.

It was always one day, various media outlets seem to use 24 hours and 1 day interchangeably which is unhelpful. CDC website clearly explains the rationale for the 1/3 day rule rather than 34/72 hours and that you won't need to be retested if your flight is delayed and that takes you into the next day (you will if it's a longer delay but I would expect the airline would have to pick up the bill)

Hey up you December guys. This from the BBC a few minutes ago:

Travellers heading to the UK will now have to take a Covid test before their departure in an effort to limit spread of the virus, the government has said.

Health Secretary Sajid Javid said the tightened requirements would come into force from 04:00 GMT on Tuesday.

Travellers will be required to submit evidence of a negative lateral flow or PCR test to enter.

I wonder if we can take an extra test with us and video chat for it from our hotels?

I don't know if the test has to be supervised? I just read a report on the Dibb of MCO refusing to accept a test that hadn't been supervised back in the summer.
If we weren't at risk of losing so much money I'd be bailing now. I'm so upset

Just thinking aloud - and apologies if its a daft question!

So, assuming its just a do a test and upload a photo to a company type LFT, then do we need to think about what time we do the test? Are the certificates sent through automatically do you think, or is someone going to have to sit there and press the send button when the tests have been reviewed? We fly home on Monday 3rd January, in the evening. So we can do the test from Sat 1st Jan, in the evening. But would anyone be working? I don't want to wait hours for a result and have a sleepless night! Or would it be better to do the test on the morning of Sun 2nd January? Presumably if it is that someone needs to action the fit to fly cert, then they would be working?
I know I'm probably overthinking this again!

We fly home on Monday 3rd January, in the evening. So we can do the test from Sat 1st Jan, in the evening.
The current gov.uk info says "You must take the test within the 2 days before you travel to England." Not 48 hours.
So you should be able to test anytime on day 2 = the Saturday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter