December 2021 trip planning

The Patina Group which owns Space 220, Morimito Asia, the Edison, Enzo’s etc., has a Black Friday weekend gift card offer, buy $100 get $50 extra. You can use the gift cards at Space but not the bonus cards and there are date restrictions on the bonus cards.
Jaleo also has buy $500 get $650, bonus cards valid for 3 years. Landrys (BubbaGump UOR, Rainforest, TRex, Yak and Yeti) has spend $50 get an extra $20, but again conditions on the bonus cards. I can’t get the Landrys one to work even thought I am a select member.
Worth considering if you either like tapas or are making a return trip.
I have a Landrys card or should I say account. I set it up a few months ago (of course I haven't received a card) just wondering when I go do I just give my account number or is there a way to get a card while im in the US (maybe at one of the restaurants)?

I have a Landrys card or should I say account. I set it up a few months ago (of course I haven't received a card) just wondering when I go do I just give my account number or is there a way to get a card while im in the US (maybe at one of the restaurants)?
I have the app on my phone and I just flash that.

DOH! That Makes sense :)

sometimes my brain says stop overthinking stuff and then I go into full blown check everything mode :)
Thanks
My daughter likes Bubba Gump and the one in Citywalk is 100 times better than the London one. If your children are old enough, watch Forest Gump before you leave as the servers will ask questions about the film. Where are you eating at UOR? I have booked Big Fire and we are hoping to try Strong Water Tavern. They free pour alcohol at UOR and the pours are very generous particularly at the HRH pool bar, Bubba Gump and the bar with the aeroplane. Be warned!😂😉

My daughter likes Bubba Gump and the one in Citywalk is 100 times better than the London one. If your children are old enough, watch Forest Gump before you leave as the servers will ask questions about the film. Where are you eating at UOR? I have booked Big Fire and we are hoping to try Strong Water Tavern. They free pour alcohol at UOR and the pours are very generous particularly at the HRH pool bar, Bubba Gump and the bar with the aeroplane. Be warned!😂😉

We have Bubba Gumps on the list we've been a few times and always enjoy it, not top class food but good enough :) (that and Yak & Yeti were why we got the Landry card, my wife birthday is December also so get another $25)

I have reservations for Toothsome, Cowfish and Vivo Italian.

Strong water seems to get really good reviews :) Have you eaten at Big Fire before?

Last edited:
Have you eaten at Big Fire before?
Yes, and the food was good, but during the meal a lady (?) leaned fully across our table when indicating to a waiter with her arm which table she wanted, knocked a bottle of wine all over our food and just walked off. The waiter was very apologetic and everything was re served but it put a bit of a damper on the experience. It was funny in a way, because I generally request a quiet corner or against a wall table, but my adult children had asked me not to be fussy, so we sat at a ‘corridor’ table. This time they have specifically instructed me to request the tables I prefer. 😂
We tried Cowfish and hated it; thought it was the worst sushi ever, although I think many people like it. HR cafe we avoid, as you can eat there all over the world.
We have had lovely food at Vivo.
Portions are huge at UOR and WDW, and can be rushed, so I am determined this time to pace the meals by ordering the meal course by course. I hate the main courses arriving when we are still eating our starters and I really hate food being brought when we (well they, because I am not a fan of adulterated alcohol) are still drinking cocktails. I am not fussy really. 😉

Yes, and the food was good, but during the meal a lady (?) leaned fully across our table when indicating to a waiter with her arm which table she wanted, knocked a bottle of wine all over our food and just walked off. The waiter was very apologetic and everything was re served but it put a bit of a damper on the experience. It was funny in a way, because I generally request a quiet corner or against a wall table, but my adult children had asked me not to be fussy, so we sat at a ‘corridor’ table. This time they have specifically instructed me to request the tables I prefer. 😂
We tried Cowfish and hated it; thought it was the worst sushi ever, although I think many people like it. HR cafe we avoid, as you can eat there all over the world.
Portions are huge at UOR and WDW, and can be rushed, so I am determined this time to pace the meals by ordering the meal course by course. I hate the main courses arriving when we are still eating our starters and I really hate food being brought when we (well they, because I am not a fan of adulterated alcohol) are still drinking cocktails. I am not fussy really. 😉

Thanks

never really eaten in UOR except once we ate at Bob Marleys which was not the best.

I will let you know what I think of Cowfish as ive only heard good reviews so far. Hopefully will be OK for us.

WOW cant believe the lady didn't apologise or anything, may have a look at Big Fire saw a few bad reviews but mainly to do with Burgers and the buns being dry, but as always hearing from real people other than vloggers is essential :)

Im getting excited again 2 weeks today :)

Bob Marleys
My son went through a Bob Marley phase, knew all the words to the songs etc., but sadly I agree that the food is pretty awful, but the drinks are okay. My travelling companions also object (understatement) to the Dad dancers! Even worse is the Edison in DS, if you ever want to watch older people flirting outrageously on a dance floor, whilst ‘strutting their stuff’ this is the place to go.

I hate the main courses arriving when we are still eating our starters
Yes! In Disneyland in 2019 this happened both times I had table service meals. Infuriating and it's rather put me off them though I'll probably still try a couple at WDW.
Is it an American thing or just Disney trying to maximise profits again?

I am not a fan of adulterated alcohol
Nor me.

I am not fussy really.
Just own it - you're paying the piper :)

Is it an American thing or just Disney trying to maximise profits again?
I don’t know but it really irritates me and they try to clear as each person finishes. Apparently it is ‘normal’ to order the starters, finish those, then order the main courses, so that’s the route I am following in 16 days time.
I have tried really hard with the cocktails, the premixed ones are foul. Sometimes, when there is a bartender, I have asked them to leave out the sugar syrup and they have then brought the sugar syrup in a tumbler to the table. Each time it has been about 60 mls, maybe more. Wolfgang Puck have a pleasant poinsettia cocktail (if requested sans sugar syrup), and I don’t mind an old fashioned or sometimes a Bloody Mary extra spicy….although I always ask for the garnishes to be removed. If I wanted a prawn or slice of bacon, I would order a prawn or bacon and not a Bloody Mary! Narcoosee’s once put lemon (not even lime) mickey ears on my g and t and made a great show of removing them from the bar mat where I disdainfully deposited them. And don’t get me onto straws … I am not a child, I am quite capable of drinking from a glass.
Me fussy? Never.😉

Agree and depending on my mood I will not hesitate to send it back and if its not right when I do get it, it will go back again.

If I have ordered a steak and they bring it early im not impressed. As I like my steak rare I hate it sitting too long.

Agree with Plague your paying it needs to be right.

The sushi at Cowfish is not good. It’s not really like real sushi, but yes, many love it. We sent mine back the one time we ordered it and only ever have burgers there now. We never eat in HRC as it’s just too loud and we’re old I think…..lol……

The best sushi is in Orchids lounge at RP. Off-site you have Nagoya Sushi in Dr Phillips which is off the scale good.

We love Vivo too despite not being fans of Italian food, but it’s excellent and has never disappointed.

You’ll LOVE Strong Water, one of the best establishments in the whole of UOR and definitely the best bar staff around.

The sushi at Cowfish is not good. It’s not really like real sushi, but yes, many love it. We sent mine back the one time we ordered it and only ever have burgers there now. We never eat in HRC as it’s just too loud and we’re old I think…..lol……

The best sushi is in Orchids lounge at RP. Off-site you have Nagoya Sushi in Dr Phillips which is off the scale good.

We love Vivo too despite not being fans of Italian food, but it’s excellent and has never disappointed.

You’ll LOVE Strong Water, one of the best establishments in the whole of UOR and definitely the best bar staff around.

So 2 resounding no's for Cowfish and to be honest its the sushi I would be going for :(

Any recommendations in park either Disney or Universal for Sushi? I have 2 9 year olds that won't eat sushi I looked at Tokyo Dining but kids entrees were poor choices.

Thanks

not the right forum I know but anyway.....unfortunately I am rescheduling our December 24-2nd Jan Disney trip to April, I have a shed load of restaurant bookings and would prefer them to go to a fellow brit braving Disney. If anyone wants to try and grab them PM me, I have space 220, CRT, California Grill, SciFi Diner, several new Years eve options etc.

not the right forum I know but anyway.....unfortunately I am rescheduling our December 24-2nd Jan Disney trip to April, I have a shed load of restaurant bookings and would prefer them to go to a fellow brit braving Disney. If anyone wants to try and grab them PM me, I have space 220, CRT, California Grill, SciFi Diner, several new Years eve options etc.

I would be interested in New Years Eve options but I cant see option to message you, I think you dont have enough posts for messaging maybe

Who are the folks who are flying back into English airports using for their PCR tests?
I've just read Randox have removed their gold postbox option, so its just the standard results by 11.59pm the next day.

I'm nervous of booking an in person test at LHR for after we land in case our plane is delayed or passport control takes ages. Presumably if we missed our slot, that's it? Also, this maybe a silly question, but you do get the passenger locator codes for your PLF if you book an in person test at LHR? Am I over thinking this?

I think that's still looking the most sensible option for us too. I just wanted to check there wasn't an idea for a better option!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter