December 2020 W.I.S.H. - Finding Delight

I'm thankful the storm blowing outside is not blowing snow. I would love some snow, but a lovely gently snowfall, maybe 3 inches max... not the conditions those of you on the eastern side of the country are dealing with. We have facilities in Elizabethtown PA and Upper Marlboro MA that fulfill customer Orders, I haven't seen anything yet this morning about issues caused by the weather, hoping all stay safe and warm. And that folks get their Christmas presents before 2021!

Thankful for the tel-med appointment I had with my doctor yesterday. My labs weren't as good as last time but weren't as bad as the time before that... I'm OK with that and motivated to get working on the numbers again. She reminded me of all the things I can be doing, like virtual yoga, so will get going on them as well.

Not much snow here. Maybe an inch or 2 of fluffy snow. One of my husbands co-works lives in New York State. Not sure where though in the state. He told DH that they got 27 inches and still snowing today. That makes our 12-13 inches about 2 weeks ago seem like nothing.

I hope everyone in the storms path stays warm. And for those of you that get a snow day, enjoy the stress free day.

So I got an email from school that the State of Connecticut wants the names of public school employees that would like to get the vaccine. I immediately provided my information so that I could get on the list. I don't know when, but it looks like I'm getting the first round of the vaccine. Part of me is afraid of the side effects, especially some of those allergic reactions you hear about in the news, but I would really like to not be scared every day that I go to work and my custodian continues to wear his chin diaper around everyone despite the union grievance we filed against him and the other ignoramus's. I will do it, for my peace of mind and my family's.

Last edited:

Not much snow here. Maybe an inch or 2 of fluffy snow. One of my husbands co-works lives in New York State. Not sure where though in the state. He told DH that they got 27 inches and still snowing today. That makes our 12-13 inches about 2 weeks ago seem like nothing.

I hope everyone in the storms path stays warm. And for those of you that get a snow day, enjoy the stress free day.
❄We got 9 inches so far, and it's still snowing...❄ Up north, away from the coastline, they got double.

This looks awesome. Maybe we will make it too. I won't eat the broccoli but DH will. I will only eat cooked broccoli and 2 minutes won't cut it. I do like, really love, cucumbers. DS will eat all the tomatoes before anyone will get to them. DD will most likely only eat the crackers. So something for everyone on this tray.

So I got an email from school that the State of Connecticut wants the names of public school employees that would like to get the vaccine. I immediately provided my information so that I could get on the list. I don't know when, but it looks like I'm getting the first round of the vaccine. Part of me is afraid of the side effects, especially some of those allergic reactions you hear about in the news, but I would really like to not be scared every day that I go to work and my custodian continues to wear his chin diaper around everyone despite the union grievance we filed against him and the other ignoramus's. I will do it, for my peace of mind and my family's.

That is awesome that you can get it in the first round. Teachers here are either in the first or second round. I can't remember.

❄We got 9 inches so far, and it's still snowing...❄ Up north, away from the coastline, they got double.

I jut talked to DH, his co-worker is in Saratoga Springs. Sounds like they are still getting a ton of snow too.

We topped out at about 8-10 inches, but the ice caused a lot of havoc around here. The sun is shining today so that should help.

Summer2018, I hope you get your vaccine soon. Being first is a little scary, but knowing to watch for the side effects you can get to a dr ASAP if needed.

9 is the last total I can find for my town as well, but it was posted around 11:00 this morning, so I know we went a little over that. It's hard to tell exactly how much, because it drifted.

I just finished round 3 of shoveling.

Can I say I'm thankful we don't get snow?!

Is it bad to be thankful the twins will be gone next week?! So excited!! DH jokes we can hear the clock tick when they're not around. ;)

Today was not a healthy day. I made eggnog cookies and they are quite delicious! Thankfully they are all packaged up and in the freezer so no more munching on them!! I did eat tons of the cauliflower and broccoli I roasted tonight. It's just so very yummy. I'd forgotten how much I love cauliflower.

Today is my last day of work. I just have to get through today and then I am off until January 4th. Yay!!!! We also had a meeting with our CEO. It was for her to wish us a Happy Holiday's. She told us though that since we can't get together that we are all getting a $50 gift card sent to our house. That was a nice surprise. I wasn't expecting it.

Yesterday it was confirmed that we are being given either 12.23 or 1.4 off as a "bonus", so I'm taking 12.23 making next week just two days - woohoo! I decided to check the hotel I like in my Sister's town and was able to book a third-floor ocean view room for just the night of the 23rd (over the actual holiday multiple nights were required), so now I'm going down on the 23rd and we'll order in dinner, then we'll do "Christmas" the morning of Christmas Eve and I'll head home midday. This feels just right, as I have a Christmas visit but actually spend Christmas at home.

I'm holding a reservation for New Year's Eve in Port Townsend, even tho their celebration is canceled. I'm still on the fence about it tho and will most likely cancel. I'm hoping the hotel I like at the ocean will do a flash sale or Groupon later in January so I can go back down there for a couple days, and the three trips together just seem like a lot of moving around. I could go to PT for the day, if weather supports being outside.

I got myself a couple more Christmas presents... a cooling bed pad and a sauna suit. My doctor really wants me to sweat to get toxins out and I thought I'd give a true sweatsuit a try.

Plans for the weekend... doing my country drive, for the first time in several weeks. I have an appointment to shop at the country nursery, and will stop for a walk somewhere along the way, then I'll head to my SIL's to visit and drop off presents. Other than that it's just cleaning house so it is nice and sparkly for the holiday week.

Yesterday it was confirmed that we are being given either 12.23 or 1.4 off as a "bonus", so I'm taking 12.23 making next week just two days - woohoo! I decided to check the hotel I like in my Sister's town and was able to book a third-floor ocean view room for just the night of the 23rd (over the actual holiday multiple nights were required), so now I'm going down on the 23rd and we'll order in dinner, then we'll do "Christmas" the morning of Christmas Eve and I'll head home midday. This feels just right, as I have a Christmas visit but actually spend Christmas at home.

I'm holding a reservation for New Year's Eve in Port Townsend, even tho their celebration is canceled. I'm still on the fence about it tho and will most likely cancel. I'm hoping the hotel I like at the ocean will do a flash sale or Groupon later in January so I can go back down there for a couple days, and the three trips together just seem like a lot of moving around. I could go to PT for the day, if weather supports being outside.

I got myself a couple more Christmas presents... a cooling bed pad and a sauna suit. My doctor really wants me to sweat to get toxins out and I thought I'd give a true sweatsuit a try.

Plans for the weekend... doing my country drive, for the first time in several weeks. I have an appointment to shop at the country nursery, and will stop for a walk somewhere along the way, then I'll head to my SIL's to visit and drop off presents. Other than that it's just cleaning house so it is nice and sparkly for the holiday week.

View attachment 544625
Sounds like a perfect getaway!

Need to make my final grocery list before Christmas-will shop Tuesday and hopefully be done. Get a few more things done-do some baking.
It’s cold, but the streets are clear so I want to bundle up and get out for a walk. And best of all, a Zoom call with friends this afternoon!

I'm so glad that I didn't have to leave the house today. Everything is frozen❄.

Teaching from home went well. I have a volunteer reader who did a wonderful job on a read aloud. She also tutors for me. The kids were wired for sound between the huge snowfall and Christmas coming.

All my students have to wear green on Monday because we are celebrating Grinchmas:santa:. I'm reading HOW THE GRINCH STOLE CHRISTMAS, by Dr. Seuss. We are comparing and contrasting how the Grinch felt at the beginning of the story vs. how he felt at the end. I have Grinch math activities for them as well. Then we are watching the original cartoon and the remake from 2018. I'm being observed in the morning during the interactive read aloud.

Now I can concentrate on enjoying the weekend, doing some cleaning, and baking.🎄

I do miss the week before Christmas working in a school! Of course, things are very different this year, but I loved the concerts, the French students caroling in the library, judging the food classes gingerbread house, ugly Christmas sweater day, the sweet cards from the kids-I would go home tired, but smiling every day!

Ahhh, two weeks off! I'm so ready.

DS1 called today and he and his fiancée will come to our house Christmas morning. DS2 and his sweetheart will also come. It'll be nice. Then DH and I can do nothing the rest of the day. May get Chinese for dinner--or have a bowl of cereal!

We need to take stock of what presents have arrived (we think all?!) and get the twins' presents. We told them tonight at dinner that they were spending Christmas Eve at Grandma and Grandpa's. They already knew dad was taking them Christmas day. They were quite concerned that the presents they're sure we've bought them would somehow not be available to them because they weren't here Christmas. :santa: Too funny. We told them they'd get two Christmases and they thought that was excellent news!

It’s Social Saturday. I thought it might be fun to do a holiday workout. If you’re planning on watching a holiday movie:
OR
Spell a holiday word (Christmas, Kwanzaa, menorah, tree, jolly, reindeer, etc) using the alphabet chart below to complete your workout. Let us know which word you spelled.
OR
Complete this challenge:
Let’s all share which one we chose...or try multiple. Have fun with it! Enjoy your Saturday and stay healthy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter