December 2020 W.I.S.H. - Finding Delight

View attachment 544165
It’s Woohoo Wednesday! What small wins are you celebrating today?
WOO HOO!!!
Thanks to the impending 🌨snowstorm❄, today is my last day teaching from my classroom at school. Somehow with a big Christmas🎄tree in the way, I will be setting up my portable classroom in my living room until the 24th. DD will be inconvenienced since she does her school work at home and apparently I’m so loud that there isn’t anywhere in our 4 bedroom house that she can’t hear me. Fortunately she’s understanding and happy that there are 5 less days that I could be exposed to Covid. DH will no doubt be home tomorrow and will be either shoveling snow or in the family room overhearing me teach. I’m so happy that I will be home for 18 days.

1E48903B-7FA1-4440-878D-E5C7E1EACC79.jpeg
WOO HOO!!!

Last edited:
I am not very woohoo today. I burnt the outside of all 5 fingers on my left hand last night cooking dinner. I was basting the steak in the cast iron skillet when I had DH open the oven to check on the potatoes. I was standing on the side of the oven but my hand was still over the front. The burst of steam hit my hand. I was in a ton of pain last night. I thankfully still had the cream that the hospital gave me when I burned my leg coming home from our Disney cruise a few years ago. This stuff is amazing and heals burns faster then without anything. I am still in some pain today but better then last night. I haven't tried to grip anything yet today and that was the worst last night. My pinky and thumb seem to the worst and my pinky is still swollen around the nail.

I didn't get my 60 minutes in last night because of the pain and because my fingers swell when I walk and I thought it would make things worse. We will see how today goes. I also didn't sleep well either and didn't get much sleep the night before. We stayed up Monday night until midnight watching the Browns play Monday night football.

I will woohoo that I cut off about 5 minutes from my 5K time. Also that I have been doing great with getting my 60 minutes in a day. Before yesterday I only had to average 63 minutes a day to hit my goal of 1860 minutes for the month. Thankfully I am off for the next 2 weeks and can get some extra time in to make up for the time I am missing.

I am not very woohoo today. I burnt the outside of all 5 fingers on my left hand last night cooking dinner. I was basting the steak in the cast iron skillet when I had DH open the oven to check on the potatoes. I was standing on the side of the oven but my hand was still over the front. The burst of steam hit my hand. I was in a ton of pain last night. I thankfully still had the cream that the hospital gave me when I burned my leg coming home from our Disney cruise a few years ago. This stuff is amazing and heals burns faster then without anything. I am still in some pain today but better then last night. I haven't tried to grip anything yet today and that was the worst last night. My pinky and thumb seem to the worst and my pinky is still swollen around the nail.

I didn't get my 60 minutes in last night because of the pain and because my fingers swell when I walk and I thought it would make things worse. We will see how today goes. I also didn't sleep well either and didn't get much sleep the night before. We stayed up Monday night until midnight watching the Browns play Monday night football.

I will woohoo that I cut off about 5 minutes from my 5K time. Also that I have been doing great with getting my 60 minutes in a day. Before yesterday I only had to average 63 minutes a day to hit my goal of 1860 minutes for the month. Thankfully I am off for the next 2 weeks and can get some extra time in to make up for the time I am missing.
Oh, my! Hope your hand feels much better today!

Health related-I did not snack mindlessly these last two days. I made a cup of tea around 2:00 both days and it really helped. By the time it was gone I was over that I want to eat something feeling!

Finished my Christmas cards and got them mailed out! Not seeing people these past months I wrote more notes than usual, so it took a while.

Hope your hand feels better today and heals quickly!

Woohoo... the headache continues to diminish. I'm really looking forward to my follow up appointment tomorrow as well as my acupuncture appointment.

Woohoo... the last gift for my Nephew arrived yesterday, so I'll be able to deliver the gifts to SIL and Nephew Saturday, which will be the start of Christmas.

From Ester, Pippa and Me!

Hope your hand heals quickly!

Woohoo - I have dinners planned for the week and have continued to complete my workouts each morning. We had an early dismissal today and got the kids home before the snow really started. And we already have off tomorrow. We’ll wait and see if we go in on Friday or have a virtual instructional day.

Wahoo I have prepped and brought and eaten my snacks for work. Tomorrow is my last day in the building. Friday I will work from home.

Wahoo DH and I bought a new washing machine today. Wasn't the one we necessarily wanted, but it will be delivered and the old one carted away next week--as opposed to February or March which is when the others would have arrived.

@piglet1979 hope your hand is healing nicely!

❄☃ SNOW DAY!!!☃❄
Our superintendent changed his mind, and instead of teaching from home, we have a snow day!!! Friday will be remote from home as planned. I have no idea why he changed his mind, but I'm really happy.

(red mine)...because the kids deserve a snow day! (Heck, we all do, in this crazy year!)

Just because we can do remote learning now doesn't mean we always should. - Snow days are a cherished childhood ritual/memory that they should not be deprived of (especially one this epic!)

Enjoy your day off!! (I certainly am - it's traditional snow day here as well. 🦌)

I’m thankful that I am home today, warm, safe, cozy, with everything that I could possibly need.

There are too many that don’t have a safe home or a home at all. There are those who lost power in the nor’easter. There are those who don’t know where their next meal is coming from. For many, this beautiful snow is nothing but an added nuisance.

I’m thankful for all that I have. My cup runneth over.

I am thankful for the built in snow day. A day to sleep in and we don’t have to make it up later. I haven’t get “sick” necessarily, but feel run down and burnt out. This is a perfect little break before the actual holiday break! And it gives me some time to catch on things like responding to the family about what our plan is for virtual Christmas.

I’m so thankful for all who plow the streets and help maintain our community while I am stay warm at home. So thankful we still have power, heat, and food.

@Summer2018 you said it so well! My cup runners over as wel! ❤️

I am thankful that my fingers are better then it seemed Tuesday night. No blisters have shown up. Though I think my pinky is close. That finger is the worst and still a bit swollen around the nail. The rest of my fingers are not swollen any longer and you can see where the burns are. Just red spots now. They don't hurt as bad and I can grip things again. I think that now that the swelling is gone around my first knuckles, the gripping got better.

Today I am going to get on the treadmill at lunch so this afternoon I can decorate my cut out cookies. I was going to do this Tuesday but that didn't happen. I am also going to make the hot chocolate bombs.

When I was working, the last few years I took a personal day in December. It made such a difference to my mental health knowing I had a day to catch up with things at home-I usually took a Monday because then Sunday night was less stressful!

I love the snow, but am grateful I can stay home and off the roads today! I am grateful my husband has a snowblower-we don’t get as much
snow as we used to but these big storms would kill us if we had to shovel it!

I'm thankful for the snow day as well, and for the memories it brings up of shoveling snow with my dad as a kid.

I'm thankful for the usual stuff - food in the fridge, jobs, pets, Christmas decorations making me feel cheerful...

And I'm thankful for the fact that the mold guys came and fixed my attic yesterday, before all this!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter