December 2020 W.I.S.H. - Finding Delight

Topic Tuesday
View attachment 545231
It is easy to get caught up in getting everything done in time for Christmas. What is your To-Do List for a stress-free and more joy-filled Christmas?
BE PRESENT is at the top of my list. It’s something I’ve been working on since my daughter and I had that long talk. And it’s definitely helping to bring us closer! Last night she even asked for my help with her speech for English. I don’t think she’s asked for help with school work since elementary school.

Well, one benefit of being staying home is that I am really in a good place a few days before Christmas. Presents wrapped, cookies and eggnog bread in the freezer, house decorated. Planning a fairly simple dinner for Christmas day. Today I grocery shop, tomorrow I tidy up the house and I truly can “be present”. I will play Christmas music, pour a glass of wine and sit by the tree tonight. My husband asked me what he needed to do and when I told him nothing, the look on his face was priceless!

Be present is definitely something I need to focus on. This year I got shopping done early and started delivering presents back on Thanksgiving, I'm not hosting anything, so this past week has been very low key and relaxing.

And yesterday we had snow! First there was a torrential downpour, at times it felt like there was a hose pointed at the house there was so much water. In the afternoon the street in front of the house flooded up over the curbs and the sidewalk... my house sits above street level, so no flooding in the house. The weather forecast said the temp was 39 degrees and I thought, oh man that's the snow zone and sure enough about an hour later it started. Only about an inch, and it sure was pretty coming down.

I made the little mincemeat pies last night, they bubbled over so much that when they cooled they were half empty... needless to say I did not win The Holiday Baking Championship. I'm not going to take them and I'm not going to make cookies today, we'll just go with fruitcake.

Today I just need to do some housework so that it is nice and sparkly when I get home from my Sister's, and throw some stuff in an overnight bag. And contact my doctor... after taking the thyroid meds yesterday the headache is increased and my blood pressure was up this morning. I want to be changed to something different.

Might be offline the next few days, so Merry Christmas everyone.

Last edited:
Be present is definitely something I need to focus on. This year I got shopping done early and started delivering presents back on Thanksgiving, I'm not hosting anything, so this past week has been very low key and relaxing.

And yesterday we had snow! First there was a torrential downpour, at times it felt like there was a hose pointed at the house there was so much water. In the afternoon the street in front of the house flooded up over the curbs and the sidewalk... my house sits above street level, so no flooding in the house. The weather forecast said the temp was 39 degrees and thought, oh man that's the snow zone and sure enough about an hour later it started. Only about an inch, and it sure was pretty coming down.

I made the little mincemeat pies last night, they bubbled over so much that when they cooled they were half empty... needless to say I did not win The Holiday Baking Championship. I'm not going to take them and I'm not going to make cookies today, we'll just go with fruitcake.

Today I just need to do some housework so that it is nice and sparkly when I get home from my Sister's, and throw some stuff in an overnight bag. And contact my doctor... after taking the thyroid meds yesterday the headache is increased and my blood pressure was up this morning. I want to be changed to something different.

View attachment 545294
MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Got to join my walking buddies this morning. That was a joy and a delight! So good to see them again. And so nice to be out in the fresh air walking! I miss walking to work. I think my new year's resolution will be to get a walk in every day. I think I really need the break from the twins and the outside time. There's a loop that takes 20 minutes and I can definitely make time for 20 short minutes of me time!

And yesterday we had snow! First there was a torrential downpour, at times it felt like there was a hose pointed at the house there was so much water. In the afternoon the street in front of the house flooded up over the curbs and the sidewalk... my house sits above street level, so no flooding in the house. The weather forecast said the temp was 39 degrees and I thought, oh man that's the snow zone and sure enough about an hour later it started. Only about an inch, and it sure was pretty coming down.

View attachment 545294

Merry Christmas!

Woohoo... let the festivities begin! Currently sitting at the ferry dock, light cloud cover with a few spots of blue sky, cold with a heavy frost this morning. Perfect winter-y holiday-y day. I’ve found that there’s something about driving around with Christmas presents on the passenger seat that I really enjoy.

Yesterday I did my household chores during my work hours, so the evening was light and relaxing. Need to remember to do that more often, as it gets me up from my desk for breaks.

Blood pressure was really down this morning, so happy about that. A couple more good days should prove out that that med isn’t right for me so she’ll prescribe something else.

Happy holidays everyone.

View attachment 545484

I had to share this! What a lovely tradition!
We have a tradition in our neighborhood where Santa brings gifts to different stops throughout the neighborhood and delivers a gift to kids (who choose to participate). When the kids were younger, we would participate and I always did a book for that reason. It was at night and I could then read the book to them and put them to bed. As they got older, it got harder because they didn’t understand why Santa was bringing their friend a bigger toy and all they got was a book :( But a year or two later, we stopped because they outgrew it ;)

We have a tradition in our neighborhood where Santa brings gifts to different stops throughout the neighborhood and delivers a gift to kids (who choose to participate). When the kids were younger, we would participate and I always did a book for that reason. It was at night and I could then read the book to them and put them to bed. As they got older, it got harder because they didn’t understand why Santa was bringing their friend a bigger toy and all they got was a book :( But a year or two later, we stopped because they outgrew it ;)
What a nice thing for the neighborhood to do!
Our tradition was the dog always gifted our daughter a book-he was big on the classics! A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, Anna Karenina and Marjorie Morningstar, and Jane Eyre were some of his choices-and I still gift my great nieces and nephews books for Christmas :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter