December 2013.

After careful consideration, my DH and I have decided to change our dates to 11/9/13 to 11/16/13. This way we can still see Christmas decorations, go to MVMCP, hopefully get FD, and miss December crowds (since Thanksgiving is late and then Pop Warner week occurs. I hope all of you have a magical trip in December ..... Happy Planning!!! pixiedust:

That isn't a bad idea! When do the decorations normally go up and MVMCP start? I always assumed those didn't happen until the week of Thanksgiving.

After careful consideration, my DH and I have decided to change our dates to 11/9/13 to 11/16/13. This way we can still see Christmas decorations, go to MVMCP, hopefully get FD, and miss December crowds (since Thanksgiving is late and then Pop Warner week occurs. I hope all of you have a magical trip in December ..... Happy Planning!!! pixiedust:

We were considering changing our days to these exactly but when I started reading-- it just will not do for me.

See, going for the holiday season next year is a chance of a lifetime and I will never get to do it again. (honey works retail and can not take off in Dec. Next year is an exception because it is my first and only to do disney at the holiday season,.

Going in Novemeber I would miss out on the Santas in the countries which is a biggies on my list. And the santas do not arrive until after thanksgiving.

I wouldn't be so sure of this. The more I read the more I believe they will be there the week of Dec. 8-14.

Pop Warner does typically go the first full week of December. However being that the first weekend is part of the holiday weekend (which does not typically coincide with the first weekend in December), I believe that this will not hold true for several reasons...Number one, the calendar year for November/December 2013 exactly mirrors the calendar year for 2002 (Thanksgiving on Nov. 28) so I looked at historical Pop Warner dates for 2002 and their dates for that year were Dec. 8 - 14. Second, I saw someone else said that they always have some big competition Thanksgiving weekend also, so there is little chance they would travel that weekend. Also, Disney is very crowded that weekend following Thanksgiving usually, so I can't imagine Disney would agree to discount block rooms for Pop Warner during a high-crowd time period like that, as it would be actually a money losing thing for them. Pop Warner always takes place during a slow week for Disney.

Hope that information helps someone...it's still good to be flexible because you never know for SURE until the dates are in black & white, but my deductive reasoning skills tell me that it's a safe bet Pop Warner week for 2013 will be Dec 8 - 14. :thumbsup2

My mistake, the website I saw it on said 2012. Looks like we will be spending the extra money to stay at WL then :thumbsup2

Has anyone been able to book or check prices online? The site keeps telling me all is sold out already for December 2013. Can that really be?:scared1:

Has anyone been able to book or check prices online? The site keeps telling me all is sold out already for December 2013. Can that really be?:scared1:

You can only book 499 days from your last planned day so it's too soon to price out and book

We're not heading down until Dec 30 and staying over New Years. We went over Christmas 2011 and it was the most amazing trip so I hope ev1 going over the holidays has a blast!

That is a relief! Are the crowds as bad as they say? We were there last week and they were a bit nasty. Everyone says it is wonderful for Christmas but I fear not getting into the park and then not being able to eat when the kids are hungry. I guess they are equipped for the extra attendance.

yeah the crowds are pretty bad lol not going to lie

I used a touring plan and it went pretty smoothly though. Wait times weren't all that awful and we took a break during the day. It was hot last December too. There was some high 80 low 90 degree days last year but then got chilly at night

I wouldn't be so sure of this. The more I read the more I believe they will be there the week of Dec. 8-14.

Pop Warner does typically go the first full week of December. However being that the first weekend is part of the holiday weekend (which does not typically coincide with the first weekend in December), I believe that this will not hold true for several reasons...Number one, the calendar year for November/December 2013 exactly mirrors the calendar year for 2002 (Thanksgiving on Nov. 28) so I looked at historical Pop Warner dates for 2002 and their dates for that year were Dec. 8 - 14. Second, I saw someone else said that they always have some big competition Thanksgiving weekend also, so there is little chance they would travel that weekend. Also, Disney is very crowded that weekend following Thanksgiving usually, so I can't imagine Disney would agree to discount block rooms for Pop Warner during a high-crowd time period like that, as it would be actually a money losing thing for them. Pop Warner always takes place during a slow week for Disney.

Hope that information helps someone...it's still good to be flexible because you never know for SURE until the dates are in black & white, but my deductive reasoning skills tell me that it's a safe bet Pop Warner week for 2013 will be Dec 8 - 14. :thumbsup2

Thanks for this info. I'm going to follow along because those are the exact dates we planned to go. But I can be flexible if we have to be.

You can only book 499 days from your last planned day so it's too soon to price out and book

We're not heading down until Dec 30 and staying over New Years. We went over Christmas 2011 and it was the most amazing trip so I hope ev1 going over the holidays has a blast!

Thanks. I was wondering.

We're planning on going.. Haven't nailed down exact dates yet but most likely first week in December.

Going in Novemeber I would miss out on the Santas in the countries which is a biggies on my list. And the santas do not arrive until after thanksgiving.

I've never been during the holidays before. I am excited to see all the decorations, but I have never heard about the Santas in the countries. What is that all about?? With a young son who still believes in Santa....this seems kinda dangerous to me. Are they all there at the same time? Wouldn't that be kinda hard to explain to a little one? "Why did we just see a Santa in Mexico and now he is dressed differently and in Norway??" Or do they have different Santas out at different times?

We are planning on going back in 2013 also, in early December!! I don't want to go during PopWarner week (because of discounts being unavailable and it will be the first time we'll be staying on-site). We are a family of 6 so discounts or free dining would definiltely help us out - I know they are not guaranteed but I want to plan for a week when there is at least a chance of some savings.

Anyway...I was looking at past dates and in 2002 the calendar for Thanksgiving/December exactly matches 2013, and so I looked at the dates for Pop Warner in 2002 to hopefully have an idea of when they might be there - the dates for 2002 were Dec. 8-14. I am SO hopeful that this bodes true for 2013 as well, because the first week, right after Thanksgiving, is really the best week for us.

:faint: Okay, I'm recovering from yesterday's shock of realizing that my 2013 dates are probably Pop Warner! Last night I was thinking we would move our trip up to first week of December, but then realized flying to Orlando Thanksgiving weekend would eat into any potential resort discounts. And my college age children won't be joining us this visit, so I feel a little bad flying out on them while they will be home for the holiday week-end. The idea of cutting a few days off the week and arriving Monday entered my mind and :faint: --out I went again. While dwelling on this, I thought about the Dolphin. If there is no room only discount (my fav option) or free dining, maybe a first time Dolphin stay is an option. Hmm.

Thanks, mom-n-michaela, for your heads up!

Thanks for the Pop Warner information. I'll be arriving the day after Thanksgiving for a 9 night stay. This will be my first on-site stay and I'm really hoping to FD or a room only deal. Waiting to book until we can book our Amtrak tickets.

Just wanted to check in with everyone. I haven't booked just yet but hope to in the next few months. I don't think there is a facebook for this thread yet. Only 458 days to go :santa:

I saw the Fall 2012 discounts posted yesterday that included most of December, just not every resort or every room category. I was pleasantly surprised! Some moderates were 20 percent off during Pop Warner, right? Well then, maybe there will be discounts offered Dec 2013 Pop Warner week.

I saw the Fall 2012 discounts posted yesterday that included most of December, just not every resort or every room category. I was pleasantly surprised! Some moderates were 20 percent off during Pop Warner, right? Well then, maybe there will be discounts offered Dec 2013 Pop Warner week.

I saw that and thought the same thing! Here's to hoping!!!:)

Count me in! We are planning our 2nd visit in December 2013, I haven't nailed down dates but we are looking at 2-ish weeks before Christmas.

My husband thinks I'm crazy to plan 18+ mos out, but the planning is my favorite part! He missed all that the first time as he was deployed overseas, all he had to do was come home and drive us to FL a week later! lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter