**December 2012 Roll Call** Holidays, FLE Opening & MVMCP!! A very, merry thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoa! What's up with the EPCOT hours starting Dec. 27? There's nothing there for any of it! Any idea what that's about?

Yay!!

I was really looking forward to the calendar being released. But now that I see it, I'm just overwhelmed again and really want to know the CP guest narr. schedule! :confused:

For some reason I have it in my head that not knowing who will be speaking each night during our stay is stopping me from planning....AT ALL. :laughing:

Next things to look forward to:
1. 180 day mark
2. CP narr. schedule
3. Paying off the trip
4. revised hours (comeon more late nights!)

Less than 7 months to go :dance3:

The calendar is up! HERE :cool1::santa:

It is amazing what kind of domino effect a little snippet of information can set in motion. First, I FINALLY got some deep info from the in-laws (see the experience here: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2855360&page=5 ) and now the EMH has been released. Thanks ses1230.

So now I can start to formulate a plan.

We arrive in Orlando late afternoon/early night 12/6 and stay at an offsite motel for the night.

12/7- Friday - Wake up early, check-out, check-in to the POR (hopefully rooms will be ready early like last time), take some time to "Oooooh" and "Ahhhhh" the Royal Guest Room. Head to EPCOT (this may be the date that we shoot for the CP). Enjoy EPCOT, story tellers, dinner, (hopefully) CP, Illuminations and then EMH (namely Mission: Space and newly refurb'ed Test Track).

12/8- Saturday - This will prob be our AK or MGM day (or a combo of the 2). If we can secure Tusker House breakfast, pre-opening, it will be an AK morning. Get FP for the safari. Ride EE and Kali River Rapids and Dinosaur. Transit to MGM. Take in the rides and shows we can (arriving in the afternoon on a Saturday). Osbourne Lights.

12/9- Sunday - If everything is going according to the plan above, this would be a our resort decoration/MVMCP day. Hopefully breakfast at Kona Cafe and then riding the monorail and checking out the resorts. In the afternoon, MVMCP and all its glory.

The rest of the vacation will all depend on what we can accomplish these days. There will be a DTD day and at least 1 more EPCOT day.

It is amazing what kind of domino effect a little snippet of information can set in motion. First, I FINALLY got some deep info from the in-laws (see the experience here: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2855360&page=5 ) and now the EMH has been released. Thanks ses1230.

So now I can start to formulate a plan.

We arrive in Orlando late afternoon/early night 12/6 and stay at an offsite motel for the night.

12/7- Friday - Wake up early, check-out, check-in to the POR (hopefully rooms will be ready early like last time), take some time to "Oooooh" and "Ahhhhh" the Royal Guest Room. Head to EPCOT (this may be the date that we shoot for the CP). Enjoy EPCOT, story tellers, dinner, (hopefully) CP, Illuminations and then EMH (namely Mission: Space and newly refurb'ed Test Track).

12/8- Saturday - This will prob be our AK or MGM day (or a combo of the 2). If :badpc:we can secure Tusker House breakfast, pre-opening, it will be an AK morning. Get FP for the safari. Ride EE and Kali River Rapids and Dinosaur. Transit to MGM. Take in the rides and shows we can (arriving in the afternoon on a Saturday). Osbourne Lights.

12/9- Sunday - If everything is going according to the plan above, this would be a our resort decoration/MVMCP day. Hopefully breakfast at Kona Cafe and then riding the monorail and checking out the resorts. In the afternoon, MVMCP and all its glory.

The rest of the vacation will all depend on what we can accomplish these days. There will be a DTD day and at least 1 more EPCOT day.

Your plans on the 8th sound very much like what I was originally thinking. Now I'm not sure what to do. :confused3. I was looking forward to Tusker House, and of course, doing DHS at night is a must. Who knows, maybe we'll still see you there! I still have 29 days to make up my mind!

Argh! EMH's are totally messing me up. (We are offsite guests).

I'm thinking:

12/8: AK (the park we were going to skip), and do a pre-park opening Tusker House ADR. They close so early, maybe we could get a park hopper for this day and hop to DHS for the Osbourne Lights.

12/9: DD's birthday. Do an early BBB appointment at the castle, then make this an MK day. Do a CRT dinner ADR around 6:30 or so. We will not do MVMCP this night, so we'll just call it a night after this.

12/10: Ok, pretty much after 12/9 I'm completely confused. We want to do the Christmas party, but not on Friday. We are also going to IoA, either Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday. I'd like to avoid a park that has EMH, but I could buy park hoppers if need be, if that saves my sanity. I was thinking that we could do World Showcase on the day following MVMCP, to allow us a late start.

Anybody want to help with my planning once you're done with yours? LOL :goodvibes

Just one thing I noticed--park hopper is one price for all the days on your ticket. So if you got it for this day, you would have it for the whole trip.

Now to stop reading everyone else's plans and get working on mine. :cool1:

Ok, how does this sound?

12/8: AK, pre-park opening ADR at Tusker House, park hop to DHS for Osbourne Lights

12/9: DD's birthday at MK. Pre-park opening BBB appointment at the castle. 6:30'ish ADR at CRT. Call it a day after this.

12/10: Epcot day 1 (focus on Future World). This might make a good date night for DH and me. We're thinking Cali Grill.

12/11: DHS/MVMCP

12/12: Epcot day 2 (focus on World Showcase)

12/13: Islands of Adventure

12/14: Magic Kingdom day 2, stay until they kick us out at 7, go back and pack to leave the next day. :(

So far this is what I think.....and I'm a total newbie so feel free to critique.

12/8 arrival day....the only thing I want to really plan is dinner at Chef Mickeys. Although we will get to POFQ prob by noon or so....I have twin daughters age 8 then....who are not late night kids. I need to plan quite a bit of rest time in order to keep them from getting over tired. So maybe the first day checking out the resort and getting settled...dinner...and lights out for them.

12/9 MK....rope drop.....afternoon break back at Resort....LTT dinner...MVMCP.

12/10 EPCOT (late arrival) World showcase. Lunch at Le Cellier. Depending on how the girls are doung...stay for Illuminations...but more than likely not. (even though I would love to see it...I'd rather have happy kids than tired ones :thumbsup2)

12/11 Hollywood Studios (rope drop) maybe an afternoon break...F! Package at Mama Melrose......and Osborne Lights!!!

12/12 EPCOT Rope drop....Future World....all counter service this day....no real plan....relaxing whatever happens happens day.

12/13 and 12/14.....these two days could be interchangeable.
Animal Kingdom....1900 Park Fare dinner
Magic Kingdom....BBB....and CRT dinner.

12/13 is the day I really wanted to go to MK but the EMH in the morning makes me wonder if I should switch those two days around???

Advice anyone???? :)

Here is what I'm planning:

12/7: we arrive shortly after noon. Check in to Poly and head over to MK. Return to the resort for dinner at OHana and then back to MK for MVMCP.

12/8: hit EMH at DHS and hopefully make it long enough for dinner at 50's Prime Time. Maybe I'll switch that to lunch.

12/9: Epcot for the day, lunch at Le Cellier

12/10: check out first thing but then head to AK EMH until we need to be back to catch the Me at 4:30.

We are going to try to have a relaxing trip. TRY.

So far this is what I think.....and I'm a total newbie so feel free to critique.

12/8 arrival day....the only thing I want to really plan is dinner at Chef Mickeys. Although we will get to POFQ prob by noon or so....I have twin daughters age 8 then....who are not late night kids. I need to plan quite a bit of rest time in order to keep them from getting over tired. So maybe the first day checking out the resort and getting settled...dinner...and lights out for them.

12/9 MK....rope drop.....afternoon break back at Resort....LTT dinner...MVMCP.

12/13 and 12/14.....these two days could be interchangeable.
Animal Kingdom....1900 Park Fare dinner
Magic Kingdom....BBB....and CRT dinner.

12/13 is the day I really wanted to go to MK but the EMH in the morning makes me wonder if I should switch those two days around???

Advice anyone???? :)

Since your kids are such early risers, take advantage of the AM EMH on the 13th. Maybe a Pooh breakfast at the Crystal Palace before BBB? And looks like Mass will be represented at the MVMCP on the 9th if my plans hold up. See you there maybe. Look for the big guy in the Bruins shirt. :santa:

Since your kids are such early risers, take advantage of the AM EMH on the 13th. Maybe a Pooh breakfast at the Crystal Palace before BBB? And looks like Mass will be represented at the MVMCP on the 9th if my plans hold up. See you there maybe. Look for the big guy in the Bruins shirt. :santa:

Thank you! I think your prob right. Get there early for EMH maybe take a break around lunch...and get a afternoon BBB appointment then dinner at CRT.

IF we could do it early enough and the weather would cooperate...perhaps a carriage ride at POR. Great photo op with the girls all dressed up! and what Princess doesn't need a carriage ride??? :thumbsup2

BTW...the way you described yourself....could be talking about my hubby! :rotfl:

So, who else is sitting in front of their computers working on a spreadsheet for their vacation now that hours are out? I was comparing the same week to what Josh had re: park recs during 2011. Most of the hours and EMH are all the same as last year. Only difference is that MVMCP is now on Thurs.

My spreadsheet looks so colorful. If only I devoted such effort to other aspects of my life! :lmao:

Ok, I'm sure this will only change 50 more times. :rotfl2:

I just got off the phone with a friend of mine who is a Disney-certified TA. Here is what she recommended for me:

12/8: AK. Pre-park opening ADR (but she thinks we'll be done with park by 2:30). DTD for dinner/shopping.

12/9: DD's birthday. MK. Pre-park opening BBB appointment. Breakfast at Main Street Bakery. Take a mid-day break. Return for 6pm CRT dinner. Stay for MVMCP. I'm not crazy about this because it seems like a lot to do in one day, and we'll have the balloon from the Royal Highness package, and what to do if we have leftover cake? (What is leftover cake? :confused3). But according to my friend, party crowds would be lowest on this day.

12/10: Epcot WS

12/11: IoA

12/12: DHS

12/13: Epcot FW

12/14: MK

Groomer Gal, according to my friend, since there is a party on the 13th, most people will be focused on staying up late for that and NOT getting up early for AM EMHs, so that might actually work in your favor!

So, who else is sitting in front of their computers working on a spreadsheet for their vacation now that hours are out? I was comparing the same week to what Josh had re: park recs during 2011. Most of the hours and EMH are all the same as last year. Only difference is that MVMCP is now on Thurs.

My spreadsheet looks so colorful. If only I devoted such effort to other aspects of my life! :lmao:

Speaking of spreadsheets .... does anyone have one they are really proud of/happy with that they are willing to share with me? I need some help getting one started.

Thank you so much for telling me that Dawn! :goodvibes

I am actually booked with Dreams Unlimited...BUT I am also a slight teensy control freak and so I have to decide things for myself first then run them past her. :rotfl:

It was sweet of you to think of me. I really appreciate it!!! :)

DW calls me the king of spreadsheets. I just finished updating mine. Now I just gotta get with my D'Sis to figure out what we want to do for sure. DW and I are going for 2 weeks. D'Sis was supposed to as well, but her plans may be changing if her temporary work hires her permanently. She will only be able to go a week now. So I need to revise plans and may have to drop her off our room over at CBR.

i have been staying up way to late planning this trip...i fell asleep for like 45 seconds at work today....the whole time my mind was screaming "wake up!! wake up, wake up!!!!"... it took a little bit for my body to snap out. :rotfl2: I was like this for like 10 minutes after :eek:

Fun day for me! I got a new car!! Now I wanna get thouse little disney family stick ons!! :) And now I have to check out this December calender! :cloud9:

I'm excited about the new calendar. Thanks for posting! Had to clear out my cookies before it would let me see it!

Mostly I'm grateful there are no morning EMH's in the parks we chose on the days we had planned on having a birthday lunch in a particular park, so my spreadsheet didn't change much at all.

I'm wondering if I'm being overly ambitious aiming for two parks per day with a nap in the middle (and if the kids are too tired after our 'day' park we'll send em back to BLT with Uncle ;)).

Dec 1 - After arriving the night before and staying at an airport hotel, take ME to check in at BLT, then head to Animal Kingdom. Whenever our room is ready, take a break and whoever is up for it can head over to Epcot (probably just some of the adults) to enjoy the World Pavilions side of things, eat a Counter Service meal there. If part of the party stays behind (or if we're all too tired), head up to watch fireworks from the TOTWL and eat in the room.

Dec 2 - Breakfast in the room, get a Pirates League (and potentially BBB) reservation for the 5, 6, and 7 year olds and head to the MK. After we've checked out the non-DL duplicates, back to BLT for a nap. Then over to DHS to check out Osborne lights for the evening, ride a few rides, maybe have dinner at Fairfax Faire. If there is a second Fantasmic! showing, watch it!

Dec 3 - Light breakfast in room, then Epcot. My best friend's 40th birthday lunch at Chefs de France. Check out the Future World side of Epcot before and after lunch. Head back to BLT for a nap, and if adults or kids are feeling up to it, to the MK for some EMH rides, if not watch the fireworks from TOTWL. Thinking about an evening Whispering Canyon reservation for appetizers and desserts perhaps.

Dec 4 - Light breakfast in room, then DHS. 36th b-day lunch for BF's brother, at Sci-Fi since he just wanted a good burger. Ride rides before and after. Dinner at T-Rex cafe this evening so the boys can enjoy the Dinos, then to bed early.

Dec 5 - Early Tusker House character breakfast to see if we can't take advantage of the AM EMH here. Not so sure about this day. This evening I'd like to book an IllumiNations cruise to top everything off while the kids have an in-room sitter or go to the Beach Club playhouse.

Dec 6 - Pack and head to the Disney Dream!

Is this too much? We're used to opening and closing the parks at DL, and I'd like to maximize the park time for the half of our party that only has 5 days. We won't be starting early, no rope drops with our jet lag rather a leisurely start to the day with naps in the late afternoon.

Checked out the Dec hrs...wish MK was open until 11pm or so instead of 10 :rolleyes1. Oh well...maybe things will still change a bit more.

Checked out the Dec hrs...wish MK was open until 11pm or so instead of 10 :rolleyes1. Oh well...maybe things will still change a bit more.

Usually the park hours are updated about 2 weeks before the start of the upcoming Month.....December should see changes mid November.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter