**December 2012 Roll Call** Holidays, FLE Opening & MVMCP!! A very, merry thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I spoke with a Southwest Agent this week and they told me they changed the date they are opening for December flights to June 4. Call and double check this. I am going to when we get closer

Thanks for posting. I'm actually kind of relieved, have been waiting on some news before I book the non-refundable fares and they keep dragging their feet. That means booking my flight will be the same time as booking my ADR's. Hmm. This may require yet more re-tooling of my schedule ... ;)

I spoke with a Southwest Agent this week and they told me they changed the date they are opening for December flights to June 4. Call and double check this. I am going to when we get closer

Oh no!! :( I have had May 21st on my calendar for weeks!!! Dont they know that OCD planners need to have information!! :)

ETA: I went on the website and it has June 4th as the release date for December.

I have AoA booked for December 18, 2012 thru January 7, 2012...

We have been at the beginning of December and the beginning of January but never over Christmas and New Years Eve (we did arrive on New Years Day before though)...

I don't know that we'll be able ot keep all those days...but I'm gonna try like crazy!!!!

I am hoping for a free dining deal that i can catch the tail end of to cover the first 14 nights of our trip and I am willing to lose my Little Mermaid room if I need to to get a discount but am hoping to be able to get a discount and stay at AoA for the whole trip!!!

Usually I am already making plans for parks and meals on what dates but I am really thrown by Christmastime...we are planning a much more crowded and slow trip this time around which might actually lead to more relaxation...

Any suggestions on which parks on the four "big" days especially would be very welcome...what do we do on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Years Eve, and New Years Day???

I just switched my reservation to a split stay between POR-Royal Guest Room and CSR. It's my first time to stay at each resort.

Called SWA to confirm the June 4th date... I got told this:

"The day keeps changing. It was originally supposed to be Mid May, then they changed it to June 4th and right now we are being told June 10th but to tell customers not to check until mid June. I can't give you an actual day unfortunately."

:(

This kinda upsets me because I wanted to book our flights before I started making ADR's incase we needed to change our travel dates slightly.

Called SWA to confirm the June 4th date... I got told this:

"The day keeps changing. It was originally supposed to be Mid May, then they changed it to June 4th and right now we are being told June 10th but to tell customers not to check until mid June. I can't give you an actual day unfortunately."

:(

This kinda upsets me because I wanted to book our flights before I started making ADR's incase we needed to change our travel dates slightly.

Why can other airlines let you book almost a year in advance but SWA makes us wait so long?? :confused3 And at this busy travel time?? That is so frustrating!!!:furious:

Anyone want to share pictures from WDW or DL? I mean, we have 6 months to kill :rotfl2: This was taken in Feb. 2011 in Downtown Disney (doi). I love Down Town Disney! Really, really do! DH and I have said if we lived in close proximity to WDW we'd be at DTD every weekend. LOL.

182850_501714939199_568564199_6337426_5849798_n.jpg

And I guess I'll post one more before I go to bed. :) This is my DD when she was 15 months old at Epcot Character Spot. Forgive this photo, they all turned out pretty bad becuase we were being rushed along and I couldn't for the life of me get my camera functioning properly until I left and realized all my setting had been toyed with... I wonder who did that??? Anyways, she LOVED meeting all the characters you can just tell by her wittle face!

181595_501715289199_568564199_6337438_7545507_n.jpg

Why can other airlines let you book almost a year in advance but SWA makes us wait so long?? :confused3 And at this busy travel time?? That is so frustrating!!!:furious:

I think SWA waits until they have their flights established before they book. You can usually make an educated guess on when flights are available based on current flight schedules. Other airlines let you book a year in advance, then change your flight times several times before you actually go!!

I'm a SWA guy as well, and just called to be told that for a departure the 2nd week of Dec, flights would open up June 4th.

December 27th - 31st @ All-Star Music

and I have a question,the group of people I'll be with want to go to EPCOT but I don't know how busy the park will be. Since the new Fantasyland will be opened during that time,I assume that most people will be in MK. Will EPCOT still be really crowded? I've never been down during Christmas Break.

Thank you,
Valerie

December 27th - 31st @ All-Star Music

and I have a question,the group of people I'll be with want to go to EPCOT but I don't know how busy the park will be. Since the new Fantasyland will be opened during that time,I assume that most people will be in MK. Will EPCOT still be really crowded? I've never been down during Christmas Break.

Thank you,
Valerie

Touring Plans is prediciting 10.0 and 9.9 for both of those parks through your entire stay. You won't really be safer at one park over the other. Parks tend to reach capacity during that time frame, so getting into the park early would be essential.

Anyways, she LOVED meeting all the characters you can just tell by her wittle face!

Such a sweet pic of her with Donald. She seems to happy. I can't wait to experience this with mine! :thumbsup2 My DD seemed gravitated towards Donald. I can't blame her!

Anyways, she LOVED meeting all the characters you can just tell by her wittle face!

SO CUTE!!!! I will join on posting some pictures when I get a chance to get on my desktop because I haven't master it on my tablet yet.

We have now switch resorts and are in BWV Dec 9-15 and waitlist for BLT and hoping for some pixie dust! :goodvibes

Touring Plans is prediciting 10.0 and 9.9 for both of those parks through your entire stay. You won't really be safer at one park over the other. Parks tend to reach capacity during that time frame, so getting into the park early would be essential.

Thank you very much
:-)

We have now switch resorts and are in BWV Dec 9-15 and waitlist for BLT and hoping for some pixie dust! :goodvibes
We'll be neighbors, we're at BWV Dec 9-15! I swapped points to reserve it at the 11 month mark, but apparently could have just used my own points. Oh well. I really didn't want to risk it since my home resort wasn't a 'back up' option. Hope your waitlist comes through! We'll be in BLT the week before, it looks lovely.

I need some help!!! We are surprising our kids (ages 6 and 13) with our trip to Disney as part of their Christmas present. They get out of school at noon on December 14th and we are going to somehow surprise them after school and hit the road for a week in WDW! I need suggestions on how to actually let them know where we are going. We spent a week there this past December and told them that it would be at least 2 years before we went back. They are going to be absolutely shocked when they find out. Not to mention that their cousins (3 of them) and their grandparents are going also. Any creative suggestions would be welcomed!!! Thank you!!! :santa:

For anyone who has gone before---Is MVMCP worth the $$ for 2 adults?? I would love to see the Christmas parade and the Holiday Wishes. :santa: Not big on character meet and greets. Are there extra shows like the Villians show at MNSHP? Decisions, decisions. :confused3

Honestly, the ONLY thing I really thought was worth the money was watching the castle change into a gingerbread house (and that only lasted for about 30 seconds). We went on a Sunday night and it was so crowded that we could hardly move. We will probably NOT be spending that money again this year.

Honestly, the ONLY thing I really thought was worth the money was watching the castle change into a gingerbread house (and that only lasted for about 30 seconds). We went on a Sunday night and it was so crowded that we could hardly move. We will probably NOT be spending that money again this year.

Seeing the castle changing to a gingerbread house was part of the Magic Memories and You show. That was available on all nights, not just party nights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter