**December 2012 Roll Call** Holidays, FLE Opening & MVMCP!! A very, merry thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh you are not alone. I already told hubby I want to celebrate DD 3rd birthday next August! She will be "free" again and we missed out on so much our last trip due to the dreaded Norovirus! That hospitalized one of our family memebers! Plus we have only gone during December so I would liket go during the summer....:stir::rotfl2:

FUN!! what will you be checking in before her actual birthday, so that makes her free? DD turns 3 on 10/30, and we discussed going to Disney for Halloween and making her "Free" for our trip...but the lure of Christmas made me think again.

Oh you are not alone. I already told hubby I want to celebrate DD 3rd birthday next August! She will be "free" again and we missed out on so much our last trip due to the dreaded Norovirus! That hospitalized one of our family memebers! Plus we have only gone during December so I would liket go during the summer....:stir::rotfl2:

Our family got the Norovirus on out trip four years ago. One of the worst parts was the day the virus was at it's peak symptoms was the day we were switching hotels from POFQ to AKL. It was horrible. With four days left we made the queasy best of it.
We returned two years later without incident. We always visit in December. I think it would feel strange visiting WDW and not having the Christmas decorations up. :santa:

I can't believe I said this last night.... "I can't wait till our trip, I want to book a bounce back offer for next year!" :rotfl2:

Lol, you're definitely not alone on a board of Disney addicts. :goodvibes

For us, that's both the blessing and the curse of DVC. We know we'll have a trip planned for next year, and are always planning the next one after this one while planning this one (I already have dates roughly sketched in my calendar for our Dec 2013 and late Oct/early Nov 2014 DLR trips in order to get 2 years out of 1 set of APs...).

We just booked for December 8 - 17, staying at the Sheraton Vistana.
Really looking forward to Christmas at the World!

what are the bounce back offers? I've never heard of this, I plan on going back in October 2013 for Halloween, my sons birthday is November 1, so Halloween is when I would like to go, I was set to go last september but ended up going in august, due to familly issues

Please add me to the list! Dec 20-27, AoA, LM section.

Looking forward to spending Christmas in WDW w/my family - me, DH, DD(19) and DD(15). Dates will firm up once flight reservations are made. Anxiously awaiting Dec flight schedule release, Dec park hours, and 180 Days out for dining ressies. Will take QS FD, if offered, vs room discount, w/a few OOP sit downs to be added. Just changed POP reservation to AoA Friday! We love POP!, but wanted to give AoA a try. We are so excited!:yay: For me, the planning is almost the best part of the trip!

So has anyone done this credit card deal with Southwest?
http://www.mychasecreditcards.com/southwest/2ffdyk

I know there is an annual fee of $70, which isn't an issue. The thing I can't figure out is does the first purchase have to be a flight purchase or any purchase other than the few items the fine print does exclude.

I have had a southwest credit card for several years. For me, it is well worth the annual fee. We put EVERYTHING on that card every month - gas, food, fun stuff, a few bills that allow credit card payment, work related expenses that get reimbursed, etc. If we pay for it - we use that. It's a large bill each month, but we also pay it off in its entirety every single month. We earn several free plane tickets a year.

I will say I am not happy with their new rapid rewards program though (you get "points" rather than actual free tickets), so read up on the rules. They used to stand out amongst airline cards, and now I don't think they are as awesome as they were. Still worth it for my family though.

I know there is an annual fee of $70, which isn't an issue. The thing I can't figure out is does the first purchase have to be a flight purchase or any purchase other than the few items the fine print does exclude.
No the first purchase can be anything. I think I paid for an Icee at a gas station to get our first purchase done. We got our card several months back, in preparation for this trip. Now I have the 50K miles (plus a few more, we've bought a few Southwest flights since getting it) waiting for May 21 when they open up the flights! :cool1:

No the first purchase can be anything. I think I paid for an Icee at a gas station to get our first purchase done. We got our card several months back, in preparation for this trip. Now I have the 50K miles (plus a few more, we've bought a few Southwest flights since getting it) waiting for May 21 when they open up the flights! :cool1:

awesome thanks!

WWYD???
The week we will be there 12/8-12/15, there are several dates to choose from for MVMCP.
I'm thinking of going on Sunday 12/9 ....any advice on which dates will maybe be busier than others during our stay?
I would *think* that Tues 12/11 would be busier for those that want to be there for 12/12/12.
But, thats just a guess. Any help would be appreciated.

WWYD???
The week we will be there 12/8-12/15, there are several dates to choose from for MVMCP.
I'm thinking of going on Sunday 12/9 ....any advice on which dates will maybe be busier than others during our stay?
I would *think* that Tues 12/11 would be busier for those that want to be there for 12/12/12.
But, thats just a guess. Any help would be appreciated.

We are 98% sure we are going to MVMCP. From everything I have read online, people suggest avoiding weekends because they tend to be more crowded. Aside from having an AP and getting the discount, we are going to go on the 11th.

I spoke with a Southwest Agent this week and they told me they changed the date they are opening for December flights to June 4. Call and double check this. I am going to when we get closer

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter