Dec 28, '04 - ONE WEEK from today we'll be "fill in the blank"

Thanks for getting that information! I don't know about the rest of you but it is hard to concentrate on Christmas with the cruise coming up. Hard to believe that in a 27 days we will be on the ship. Have any of you received your Docs yet? We know our flight times but no docs. Kathy

LegalBriefs:

You seem to find out a lot of information, thanks for the update. By the way, you mentioned that you are in a Cat 1. What a small world, because so am I.

unlv23 said:
LegalBriefs:

You seem to find out a lot of information, thanks for the update. By the way, you mentioned that you are in a Cat 1. What a small world, because so am I.

Gee, I wonder how that happened, could it be that we are in the same room?? Oh, yeah, WE ARE! You goof... To those of you that do not know, UNLV23 is my real-life best friend and co-worker, and he and his girlfriend are sharing the ROY suite with me... DIFFERENT ROOMS...! LOL...

Gee, I wondered why the page had been so quiet since Thanksgiving...I got bumped off the boards somehow! That is the second time that has happened. Nobody loves me... *sniff*

So, what is Pirate Night?

myfourkitties said:
Gee, I wondered why the page had been so quiet since Thanksgiving...I got bumped off the boards somehow! That is the second time that has happened. Nobody loves me... *sniff*

So, what is Pirate Night?

Pirate night pirate: is a relatively new special event night for DCL, I believe it started in August, and I believe it replaces the Carribean Night. It is a whole lot of fun, people dress in Pirate apparel, the servers are in Pirate Gear, and typically you are given a pirate bandana to help complete the look... The foods at dinner and the menu are pirate themed and the show on deck afterward is pirate themed with pirates taking over the ship! It really a blast and everyone has a great time! :thewave:

Whoa, what is this, both Cat. 1's are belonging to DIS board members!!! You know what this means, ha ha, it means that the Cat. 1 people must trade for one night for some of us poor people who are in a cat. 3 (LOL). OK, please give us tours of your wonderful staterooms. UNLV 23 (Jason) we will be next door in a cat. 3 8032. What a powerful board this is! Kathy & Dave

I almost forgot, we need a DIS meet the first day. I like to meet fellow DIS members during the sail away party. I prefer the spot above the Goofy pool on starboard (right) side of the ship. We can see the terminal people waving goodby and we will see Grill's and all of those people who wave to the ship. I will be wearing my DIS board Lime green shirt (not the official DIS board shirt but the official color). Unlv 23 you will see us often because our staterooms are right next to each other. I can already here the sail away music now--OK, I have a CD I made that has sail away music on it and I love it granted it is 80 minutes long, a bit too long for the sail away party but it is fun to listen to. Let's get this party started! Kathy

Sign me up! We partied there on our first cruise and loved waving to the folks at the terminal with the GIANT Mickey hands! Last year we did the dance floor/stage thing, but it seemed you missed a lot being too close to the action. We'll see what the kids want to do but I'll at least come up and meet folks!

We're SOOOO close!

Thank you for the info, regarding the formal nights. I have been "mentally" packing and this info is great for newbies like me. It is hard to believe that December has finally come... The next three weeks are going to go so quickly, especially as we leave for Florida on the 22nd (our first Christmas not at home).

I am looking forward to finding out when the Doc's start getting to all of you, since I am assuming it will take a couple of days extra to get to me in Ontario.

The sail away party sounds great. We usually get to the ship late but this time I expect to be early. We have a good excuse to show up on time.

LegalBriefs and I are still working on our DIS Board cocktail party in his fabulous suite.

UNLV 23 did he warn you he signed you all up for this?

Time for bed but I have the song "HOT HOT HOT" in my head! or how about "We like to Party" by the Venga boys. You know, it really should be Christmas carols but it isn't! My hubby told me to tone it down a notch or else our daughter will catch on--he should know, he has given me two cruises in the past over Christmas and he kept it a secret both times. So I promise, shhh but it is so hard. Kathy

Kathy, I have no idea how you can keep it a secret! I am the one who keeps telling my daughter and husband how many days left until we leave, how many days left until we are in Grand Cayman, etc.
I applaud you for wanting to have this cruise as a surprise for your children. The moment that they figure out what they are going to be doing over New Years will be a moment that you/they will never forget. Keep your vision in mind as you whistle the Disney tunes in your head.
Only 22 days left to hold it all in!!

It has been so hard to keep my mouth shut. I am lucky she doesn't snoop or at least we don't think she does.(lol) She won't have nice dress shoes to wear on formal night because she needs new ones but I think the surprise is worth her wearing her black sandals. At least she should be able to wear her nice formal dress. One mother gave me the idea to buy all new undergarments so when I start packing while she is still at school she won't miss anything from her drawers. The shorts, skorts and capris will be easy to take as will be the sleeveless tops and the swimsuits. The T shirts will have to wait until the 26th because all she wears are T's in the winter, she can't stand long sleeves around the house. Luckily I still have items left out from our Ft. Lauderdale trip last Oct early Nov, I did that on purpose, so that when she sees her Birki water shoes out she won't ask why. She already knows her mother just hasn't put them away.

Masonpips, how is your surprise going?

Kathy

I GOT MY DOCS!!!

Well, I should say that my TA got them! He is sending them to me priority! I can't wait! :cool1:

Another question: Does anybody know what time Port Canaveral opens for traffic? I had heard it was 10 am. I want to be the first one in line!

We were originally coming down the night before, but we read about the Candlelight Processional and the narrating of the Christmas story, and Gary Sinise is doing it that week, so we decided to leave on the 26th and go to Epcot for the day and see it. We made reservations for the dinner package/priority viewing seats.

May I just say again how EXCITED I am?!?!

And thank you, LegalBriefs, for info on the Pirate Night. Sounds too cute! Wonder if I can find an eye patch and a red sash? Already got the hoop earrings!

I am getting really excited too! Our kids don't know we are going yet either. We are surprising them on Christmas morning. I just realized that I scheduled Palo's on Pirate night so I will have to email Sue Ellen again(I'm sure she is sick of me) and see if she could at least move our time back. I can't decide when we are getting to port. We are staying at the raddision and because of REAS we do n't need to do the ressie rush but I don't know if we will be able to contain ourselves and wait till 12 to get to port.

Ami

Can't wait to get our docs!!!

because of REAS we do n't need to do the ressie rush but I don't know if we will be able to contain ourselves and wait till 12 to get to port.

Ditto! I've been 1st and 2nd in line the last two cruises and tell everyone I'm fine with being in the top 50, but I can't stand NOT being on the ship once the line starts moving!

I have everything for the surprise I think (except docs, LOL) and the kids are CLUELESS! It helps that we're going to Grandma + pa's on Jan 7 for their wedding anniversary so they're not suspicious over the suitcases and/or formal clothing (it's my parents 40th anniversary and my 39th bday on Jan 9, I was born on their first anniversary!)

Great news that people are starting to get their docs. Ours will go to our TA who will deliver them to our company--not the house. We have gotten them as early as 6 weeks out and as late as 2 1/2 weeks out. This groups will have some excited children come Christmas morning! We fly out the morning of Dec. 26th and will be staying 2 nights at the Poly. then off to the port.
Kathy

We got our docs!!!!! Actually we got them yesterday and we didn't even know it. Since my DH and I both work when we get a delivery they always put it in our garage. We didn't even look in their yesterday. My dh went in their this am to do garbage and their was this small box on the floor. At first he thought it was empty and picked it up to throw away and then luckily realized it was our DOCS! We were busy all day and I didn't want the kids to see so I haven't even opened them yet! I hope the kids go to bed early so I can get everything out.

I hope that you get a glass of wine and enjoy going through the information when the kids are in bed. What an evening!!! I think I should wait until mid-week before I call the Travel Agent to let her know that they should be coming. It will be hard waiting and it would be great if Disney would just forward them onto us, oh well, the wait begins.

I will have to keep my eyes open for our docs. After what seemed to me to be a million shopping trips my daughter found a dress for formal night. She is so excited that she keeps trying it on. I cannot belive how old she looks in the dress. More like 16 than 13. I think my husband will be keeping an eye on her on formal night. Of course now we need new shoes and accessories. I have to look at my sons stuff next. He has a suit from a family event in September.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter