• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DDP & DVC rules - still not liking it

That's what I thought. :thanks:
It's not usually a big deal if you pay attention to it. The thing to realize is that on the change day you'll have both active so you need to be careful how you use the credits. I haven't done this on a split stay, maybe others can tell you how best to make sure you don't use the new credits when you have expiring credits. I do know I've seen reports of expiring credits not being active after checking in to the new villa.

It's not usually a big deal if you pay attention to it. The thing to realize is that on the change day you'll have both active so you need to be careful how you use the credits. I haven't done this on a split stay, maybe others can tell you how best to make sure you don't use the new credits when you have expiring credits. I do know I've seen reports of expiring credits not being active after checking in to the new villa.

Thanks. It will probably turn out to be more work than it's worth anyway.

Thanks. It will probably turn out to be more work than it's worth anyway.

I have done it with no issue. A couple of times. It has been years, since I rarely get the DDP anymore, but no issues.

Obviously, some have had issues but I'm sure it is not too many. But then again the DDP can have any issue, at any time. A couple of times I've been out the first day with a regular DDP resort situation not set up properly and had to get reimbursed.

I think if there are problems with the turnover it is because the CM, at the second resort, did not take care of it properly when you check-in. All times I have done it the CMs have forwarded the credits over. Ask for a printout of your credits, at the second resort, and you will see. And I have followed the by the end of check out day on the first. No issues.

Have a wonderful holiday.

A split stay allows you to have the DDP for just part of your stay or a different DDP for each reservation.

:earsboy: Bill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter