DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Top O the Mornin Dads! 90 day mark for me for DDCC which also means the Holidays are just around the corner. Baseball playoffs are having some good drama with 3 of 4 series going to a decisive 5th game. Too bad the games are on in the afternoon and on channels like FS1. Enjoy the midpoint gents.

Morning from a sunny Westfield NB. Been slammed with work lately, too much to do and not enough time.
Top O the Mornin Dads! 90 day mark for me for DDCC which also means the Holidays are just around the corner. Baseball playoffs are having some good drama with 3 of 4 series going to a decisive 5th game. Too bad the games are on in the afternoon and on channels like FS1. Enjoy the midpoint gents.
I'm also at the 90 day mark for DDCC8, looking forward to a great vacation.

I can't say any of you are close to my enemies, but if you were my worst enemy, I would not wish on you the "support" I've gotten from T-mobile today.

Supposedly they're the top in customer support, but if that's the case, I can only imagine how nightmarish the others are.

Another beautiful day. Escaped the sun a bit early for shopping. I picked up some sweat pants and cool Disney parks Haunted Mansion shirt at the Disney outlet. DW & the girls are in Vera Bradley store, so I'm hiding outside.

Glad you're having a good time Norm. If you were closer, I'd offer to bring you some aloe. Actual plant which is way better I'll have to post a picture of it...need to get a bigger pot...thing is amazing how it grows in FL sunshine.

I'm doing well, thanks. Just precautionary. I didn't know that about the plant.

It's nothing happening day - I'm married.

I'm tired of work this week. Let's just go home. What's the worst thing that could happen?

I'm sure all will be fine. Tell them management verbally approved it. They won't know what to do with that type of info.

View attachment 442789

At least we have one good thing going for us.

::yes::

I can't say any of you are close to my enemies, but if you were my worst enemy, I would not wish on you the "support" I've gotten from T-mobile today.

Supposedly they're the top in customer support, but if that's the case, I can only imagine how nightmarish the others are.

AT&T is bad too. They are all bad.

I'm doing well, thanks. Just precautionary. I didn't know that about the plant.
Yeah, you peel the skin off and the gel inside is absolutely amazing for burns. Better than the gel you can buy. Like so many things...God made is better than man made

Promised picture ..
IMG_20191009_181813088.jpg

That pot is about 10-12 inches across. When my mom gave me the transplant back in March (I think), it was maybe 4 or 5 leafs.

Last edited:
Morning all.

Welcome to Friday Eve!

We're heading into Thanksgiving Weekend here and I'm thinking about grilling a turkey for the first time on the gas grill. Wondering if any of you have a good brine recipe to share?

Morning all.

Welcome to Friday Eve!

We're heading into Thanksgiving Weekend here and I'm thinking about grilling a turkey for the first time on the gas grill. Wondering if any of you have a good brine recipe to share?

Happy Thanksgiving Darcy, here is mine.

Turkey brine:

1 cup kosher salt ½ Tbl all purpose seasoning

1/2 cup light brown sugar ½ Tbl poultry seasoning

1 gallon chicken stock ½ Tbl Italian seasoning

1 Tbl black peppercorns ½ Tbl onion powder

1 Tbl tarragon ½ Tbl garlic powder

1 Tbl basil ¼ cup balsamic vinegar

1 Tbl thyme 1 gallon iced water

Combine all brine ingredients, except ice water, in a stockpot, and bring to a boil. Stir to dissolve solids, then remove from heat, cool to room temperature, and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.

Early on the day of cooking, (or late the night before) combine the brine and ice water in a clean 5-gallon bucket. Place thawed turkey breast side down in brine, cover, and refrigerate or set in cool area (like a basement) for 6 hours. Turn turkey over once, half way through brining.

Happy Thanksgiving Darcy, here is mine.

Turkey brine:

1 cup kosher salt ½ Tbl all purpose seasoning

1/2 cup light brown sugar ½ Tbl poultry seasoning

1 gallon chicken stock ½ Tbl Italian seasoning

1 Tbl black peppercorns ½ Tbl onion powder

1 Tbl tarragon ½ Tbl garlic powder

1 Tbl basil ¼ cup balsamic vinegar

1 Tbl thyme 1 gallon iced water

Combine all brine ingredients, except ice water, in a stockpot, and bring to a boil. Stir to dissolve solids, then remove from heat, cool to room temperature, and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.

Early on the day of cooking, (or late the night before) combine the brine and ice water in a clean 5-gallon bucket. Place thawed turkey breast side down in brine, cover, and refrigerate or set in cool area (like a basement) for 6 hours. Turn turkey over once, half way through brining.

Thanks Randall

Morning all from the beach. The family is sleeping in, so I'm enjoying a solo, quiet morning. Every morning, I watch all the PCB Redneck Riviera people line up to wait for their beach chairs. Teno (or whatever the guy's name is) sets up chairs and beach envelopes with the drill. He usually starts around 8 AM, and then it takes an hour. These folks like up before 7 AM. Maybe it's just me, but standing for 2 hours to get your spot doesn't seem worth it.

Well, if you tip Teno, then he puts your name on his clipboard list and your two seats and umbrella are reserved. Yesterday, the line had to move back since one of the people was waiting in someone else's reserved space. But, at one point, people didn't want to move back because they lost their spot. So, they started yelling at each other. Rednecks on vacation. After the 2 hour ordeal, they put they towel on the chair and disappear to show up later. I don't see them much on the beach, so I'm not sure it's worth it.

The funny thing is that the majority of the rooms in the complex contract with Teno and each condo gets two chairs and an umbrella. And, there are a fixed number of chairs to go on the private beach. So, the worse case scenario is you don't get the front row spot on the beach. We arrived late Saturday night, but managed to still get the front row two days without the redneck 2 hour wait. People watching - it entertains me. I've enjoyed this show each morning from my balcony while drinking coffee.

Yeah, you peel the skin off and the gel inside is absolutely amazing for burns. Better than the gel you can buy. Like so many things...God made is better than man made

Promised picture ..
View attachment 442812

That pot is about 10-12 inches across. When my mom gave me the transplant back in March (I think), it was maybe 4 or 5 leafs.

Amen.

That is quite impressive. I usually don't wear sunscreen, and just go in and out of the shade. When you play out door tennis tournaments, then makes it more difficult.

Morning all.

Welcome to Friday Eve!

Salt. Water. Leave overnight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter