DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Morning Gents,

Start of a busy weekend kicking off with another freezing morning.

Another basketball tournament kicks off tonight. I'll get to see tonight's game and hopefully one or two on Sunday. This is going to be a tough one, top teams from NB and Nova Scotia. Tomorrow I have our AGM and annual sport awards to take care of, plus the hospitality suite.

Hope you all had a good Thanksgiving or Thursday, whichever you were celebrating.

Morning boys from a grey London. A little piece of me cried today, as George signed up for a Chelsea training academy.
2018-19-chelsea-fc-stadium-home-younger-football-kit-3zTb3KnM.jpg

I actually escaped work early yesterday afternoon to get home and watch Da Bears. I really don't have "a team" but it was nice to see them win since I know some of you guys cheers for them.

53d2efa4432a116fe80ba054d3290d94.jpg

Top O the Mornin Dads! Nice to sleep in a bit this morning as my place of work gives us both Thursday and Friday off. Today will be focused on the main tree of which I place about 1,600 lights on and we pack with ornaments. That will basically complete the entire 3-4 week process of converting to the North Pole. Have a great one guys and Randall enjoy your cruise.

It’s quiet. Too quiet.

Start of a long day. Went from being off and catching up on chores before watching the Grey Cup game to quickly doing chores before work to just... work. 16 hours to go.

Morning everyone from an overcast New Brunswick at 0c.

My youngest daughter and I went to Ralph Wrecks the Internet movie last night. We enjoyed it.

Today is just hanging out at home relaxing.

Afternoon fellas. Looks like those below you and west of me are in some kind of meat coma. I've had to attend 3 kids parties this weekend, I'll be the one rocking and dribbling in the corner. Just finished watching the first season of Making of a murderer on Netflix, I finally got around to watching it. Gripping stuff.

Went from being off and catching up on chores before watching the Grey Cup game to quickly doing chores before work to just... work.
Hey bud, hope your work day passes quickly.
Today will be focused on the main tree of which I place about 1,600 lights on and we pack with ornaments.
Saw the result on the other place, very festive....
My youngest daughter and I went to Ralph Wrecks the Internet movie last night.
We're looking forward to seeing that over here
The surgery went well, and I get a couple days off work :cool2:
Two bits of good news in the same sentence.

Morning everyone from an overcast New Brunswick at 0c.

Overcast here too. Not as hot, though.

My youngest daughter and I went to Ralph Wrecks the Internet movie last night. We enjoyed it.

Oh! Hadn't realized it was out yet.

Afternoon fellas. Looks like those below you and west of me are in some kind of meat coma.

:laughing:

I've had to attend 3 kids parties this weekend, I'll be the one rocking and dribbling in the corner.

Oh, man... Here. Wear this. It'll help.

Hey bud, hope your work day passes quickly.

2.5 hours down, 13.5 to go. Flying by!

Long weekend is just about done. Board meeting, AGM and our annual sport awards taken care of. Another tournament out of the way, they threw away a win on Friday with a bad second half, I missed yesterday but a bad second half again hurt and finally a convincing 37 point victory over one the teams a few spots below them in the rankings. That was with two starters missing so that was nice to see. Now I'm just relaxing, watching some Raptors and Heat and maybe some of the Grey Cup game in a bit.

Hope you all had a great weekend, must have all been busy because it's quiet in here.

Morning Gents. Well, busy weekend for me. Lots to tell, but I'll try to keep it short.

Friday afternoon my wife got a job interview. She's been applying for things in retail for the last month or so. Years ago she did an accounting diploma, and worked in payroll for a short time, but really didn't enjoy it. When our daughter was born, she stayed at home, and my salary at the time could support the family. About 18 months ago some of you may remember I the contract I had been working on overseas finished, as did my overseas bonuses and salary. I took a job with the same company but in my hometown, which was a nice change, but a lower salary. It's been getting harder to keep on top of the bills - especially after a Disney trip in August - so we decided it was time for her to look for work. Anyway, she was offered a part time job at the Hallmark store and her first day was Saturday. It's only 3 days a week and may only last through the holidays, but it's a start and at least it gives something recent on her resume.

So I was home with the girls Saturday while she worked, which was pretty weird for me. So I spent most of the day going to the grocery store, doing laundry and vacuuming. Fun stuff.

So, also Friday afternoon, our oldest daughter (my step-daughter if you want to get technical) got a letter from our provincial government saying she had received an Electoral District scholarship, which she didn't even know about. It's great when the government just randomly gives out money that you didn't ask for, but we happily accepted.

Then Sunday was our local Christmas parade and both girls were in it (oldest was with her princess company as a "friend" of Cinderella and youngest was with her dance studio). Great weather for it, sunshine, blue sky, and temperature right around freezing mark - which is not bad for the end of November. The biggest pain was dropping them off at the start of the route an hour before start time, navigating through traffic back to the end of the parade route, and then waiting 3 hours for the parade to get to the end so we could pick them up there. But they enjoyed it so that's the main thing. We ended up on the wrong side of the street for both girls, so the in-parade pics are terrible, but here's one from before.

upload_2018-11-26_9-7-46.png

I'm looking forward to seeing it with my youngest as well. Maybe this weekend. She's most excited about the Princess scene of course, although I have heard it's pretty short so I'm trying keep her expectations in check.

I've had to attend 3 kids parties this weekend,
My sympathies. I've done two in a weekend and needed a stiff drink after. I don't recall having to suffer through three.

Morning Guys,

Nice day here so far but some snow forecast for tomorrow, I guess we will see if it materializes.

Lot less hectic in the office today now that our events have wrapped up for the year, hopefully it will be a quiet December.

Have a good one all.

Morning Gents. Well, busy weekend for me. Lots to tell, but I'll try to keep it short.

Friday afternoon my wife got a job interview. She's been applying for things in retail for the last month or so. Years ago she did an accounting diploma, and worked in payroll for a short time, but really didn't enjoy it. When our daughter was born, she stayed at home, and my salary at the time could support the family. About 18 months ago some of you may remember I the contract I had been working on overseas finished, as did my overseas bonuses and salary. I took a job with the same company but in my hometown, which was a nice change, but a lower salary. It's been getting harder to keep on top of the bills - especially after a Disney trip in August - so we decided it was time for her to look for work. Anyway, she was offered a part time job at the Hallmark store and her first day was Saturday. It's only 3 days a week and may only last through the holidays, but it's a start and at least it gives something recent on her resume.

So I was home with the girls Saturday while she worked, which was pretty weird for me. So I spent most of the day going to the grocery store, doing laundry and vacuuming. Fun stuff.

So, also Friday afternoon, our oldest daughter (my step-daughter if you want to get technical) got a letter from our provincial government saying she had received an Electoral District scholarship, which she didn't even know about. It's great when the government just randomly gives out money that you didn't ask for, but we happily accepted.

Then Sunday was our local Christmas parade and both girls were in it (oldest was with her princess company as a "friend" of Cinderella and youngest was with her dance studio). Great weather for it, sunshine, blue sky, and temperature right around freezing mark - which is not bad for the end of November. The biggest pain was dropping them off at the start of the route an hour before start time, navigating through traffic back to the end of the parade route, and then waiting 3 hours for the parade to get to the end so we could pick them up there. But they enjoyed it so that's the main thing. We ended up on the wrong side of the street for both girls, so the in-parade pics are terrible, but here's one from before.

View attachment 366988

Congrats to your DW, nice to have that extra income. Nice to hear about the scholarship and I hope they enjoyed the parade.

Confused though about your chores list; are you saying you don't usually do that? ;)

Morning all.
Busy day ahead. Chores, shopping, cooking, packing.
(I've got a couple days away on a conference. Nowhere interesting though.)

Anyway, she was offered a part time job at the Hallmark store and her first day was Saturday. It's only 3 days a week and may only last through the holidays, but it's a start and at least it gives something recent on her resume.

Good for her!

That's great! Congrats to her!

They both look great. :)

Top O the Mornin Dads! Trust all of us south and west of the borders here enjoyed the long weekend and time with family. Unfortunately back at it guys, have a good one.
:chat:

Been a rough holiday break being sick. Just when I've almost recovered, I get to return to the 140 mile daily commute this week. :crazy:
Hope you're feeling better Norm, sucks being sick but especially for a holiday. You will have to make up on the food and beverage intake for Christmas.

View attachment 366988

I'm looking forward to seeing it with my youngest as well. Maybe this weekend. She's most excited about the Princess scene of course, although I have heard it's pretty short so I'm trying keep her expectations in check.

My sympathies. I've done two in a weekend and needed a stiff drink after. I don't recall having to suffer through three.
Congrats to DW and hoping this is something she is looking forward to though this time of the year at a Hallmark store could get a bit crazy. Also congrats to oldest DD in the scholarship, well done and proud parent moment! Girls looked great for the parade.

Good morning! It was a very nice 4 days off. I ate too much, but that happens every week.

Glad to hear it. Hope we get to see it soon.

Looks like those below you and west of me are in some kind of meat coma.

This is accurate. I smoked the family turkey and everyone seemed pretty happy with it.

Been a rough holiday break being sick. Just when I've almost recovered, I get to return to the 140 mile daily commute this week. :crazy:

Is your middle name Murphy?

It's been getting harder to keep on top of the bills - especially after a Disney trip in August - so we decided it was time for her to look for work. Anyway, she was offered a part time job at the Hallmark store and her first day was Saturday. It's only 3 days a week and may only last through the holidays, but it's a start and at least it gives something recent on her resume.

Glad she found something--hope it helps for the time being!

We ended up on the wrong side of the street for both girls, so the in-parade pics are terrible, but here's one from before.

Sounds like a nice day!

Confused though about your chores list; are you saying you don't usually do that? ;)

:rotfl2:

Well, from time to time, yes. But if I'm sending DW off to work now, I should probably step up my game on the chores front.

Congrats to DW and hoping this is something she is looking forward to though this time of the year at a Hallmark store could get a bit crazy.
She's happy about it. Plus she likes the store anyway and often drops in, which is probably part of the reason she got the job. The manager recognized her, and she pretty much knows most of the merchandise already. Her Saturday shift was steady, but not too busy. It will probably get a bit crazier closer to Christmas.

I ate too much, but that happens every week.
I think most of us can say the same on any given week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter