DCL transfer?

jtink60

Mouseketeer
We will be staying at the BWV before our cruise. Should we use the DCL transfer or rent a car to take us to port? The transfer would be easy but I'm worried we will want to be at the port earlier than they will get us there. Any suggestions? Thanks

In terms of cost you may find renting a car to be less expensive than Disney transfers depending on how many are in your party.

For my cruise out of LA, we met up with other DISers on the board and got a van to drive us. About 20 a person I think.

we have used disney transfers for all 3 of our cruises and had no problem using them, I think they picked us up around 12 to head for port so Id say between 1 and 130 you should be there. I just never really felt the need to get there any earlier, we were able to relax in the morning and have breakfast with out feeling rushed. Last thing I want to do is feel like im in a hurry to get somewhere, we plan on sticking with the disney transfers in the future for this reason, plus it kinda adds to the disney magic watching the disney cartoons while travelling!:)

We love the DCL transportation. Our luggage is picked up from the resort room early morning and goes down before us. We don't have to worry about lugging the luggage onto the bus and to the cruise ship.

We head to the park for a couple of hours then head back to the resort to board the DCL bus.

We're also smitten with the DCL buses. Love the windows that look like portholes. And there is a DCL video that plays for the trip to the port. It's the little things in life. :thumbsup2

DCL transfers pick up at the WDW resorts usually between 11:30 - 12:30, with arrival at the port between 1:00- 2:00 and it's likely to be open boarding by then so you just walk on the ship after a quick check-in. You'll be informed the day before what exact time to meet the bus, which will pick-up from up to 3 resorts before heading to port.

If you wish to arrive earlier, you might want to look into either a car rental or private limo. If you have a party larger than 3 or 4, likely another transportation will be less expensive. DCL transfers can be very convenient and they'll handle your luggage from your WDW resort room straight through to your stateroom onboard.

There are pros and cons to each option, you'll have to decide what is best for your family.

Another idea would be to take an early Magical Express to the airport and then check in at the DCL desk. You would need to speak to the Magical Express people the night before, but you could get to the airport as early as you would like to be. Best of all, it's free to the airport!

Another idea would be to take an early Magical Express to the airport and then check in at the DCL desk. You would need to speak to the Magical Express people the night before, but you could get to the airport as early as you would like to be. Best of all, it's free to the airport!

You'd need to supply flight info for booking the ME back to the airport. It's not just a shuttle service you can take if/when you wish. They need to know when people will be using it to have to proper number of busses available at the correct times.

Plus, it's about a 30-45 minute trip back to the airport from WDW, then a 1 hour trip from MCO to the port. If you want to be at the port early, you'd have to be getting up early. Not my idea of vacation. Not to mention that you have to wrangle your bags from resort to MCO, before turning them over to the DCL transfer people. DCL transfers from resort to port, they will pick your bags up in your room in the morning, and they will appear at your room onboard that evening. Sooooo easy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter