DCL Picture of the Day - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mmmm...I could totally go for one of these right now!! :cool1:

IMG_2074.jpg
[/IMG]

Thank you for sharing all of the amazing pictures! I sure wish I had the talent all of you have!

What kind of cameras are you using? I have an old Cannon Rebel but want to invest in a new one. Let me know what you would suggest!

Great Picture. We are going to St Maarten next year. Was that a KID friendly beach (no nudity)?

Nudity is the most pure form of live.
Why be so shamefull of your body, kids love to run/walk/play naked...
When we go to the beach we always look for the nude beach, there it isn't see and be seen, they always take the person as he is...
But maybe it's the culture differance between Europe and the US.

Don't want to offend you or anything, just sharing my opinion.

Nudity is the most pure form of live.
Why be so shamefull of your body, kids love to run/walk/play naked...
When we go to the beach we always look for the nude beach, there it isn't see and be seen, they always take the person as he is...
But maybe it's the culture differance between Europe and the US.

Don't want to offend you or anything, just sharing my opinion.

Lol I think it has to do with that fact that a growing number of Americans are obese and that should be covered up :rotfl:

Thank you for sharing all of the amazing pictures! I sure wish I had the talent all of you have!

What kind of cameras are you using? I have an old Cannon Rebel but want to invest in a new one. Let me know what you would suggest!

I would suggest using what you have. Too many people are hung up on "getting a better camera". I can hand my DD3 a D3x and it will not be any better than her P&S. Sure, I would love to upgrade from my D40 to a D7000, but it has more to do with the technical limits of the D40. The quality of the image may be better, but it will not help me be a better photographer.

If you are serious look into expanding your gear with some new glass.

I would suggest using what you have. Too many people are hung up on "getting a better camera". I can hand my DD3 a D3x and it will not be any better than her P&S. Sure, I would love to upgrade from my D40 to a D7000, but it has more to do with the technical limits of the D40. The quality of the image may be better, but it will not help me be a better photographer.

If you are serious look into expanding your gear with some new glass.

Well said Scott!! :thumbsup2

Evad, and Srison, thanks for the kind words, I know you don't post comments in order to receive them! Nice work yourselved!

This is the receiving area in Palo... I'll post the colour tomorrow...

IMGP5412-2.jpg

So I have loved taking pictures for a long time, but just as a hobby, nothing more. My husband recently got me a Canon 60D and I really want to learn the ins and outs of it because that is way too much money to spend on a camera and basically use it as a point and shoot. He also bought me photoshop to go with it and I feel so overwhelmed. So I went out and bought some books and am trying my hardest to figure out where to go next. You all have inspired me to take my photography to the next level. :worship: Here is my first attempt with photoshop. For my first attempt, it didn't come out too bad.

layeredmickey.jpg
[/IMG]

Great Picture. We are going to St Maarten next year. Was that a KID friendly beach (no nudity)?

Here's the caption from Flickr.....

Being that this was the Dutch side of the island, this beach was more on the family friendly side (not nude or topless like the French ones). Yet, there was a couple who were wearing thongs [yes, a man and a woman.... very very tiny in the middle of this shot actually.... no Full size here folks ;) ]; and the woman ended up topless later on. And no, I don't have pics of that either.

Here is one of the Wonder being raised to the Gatun Lake level in the Panama Canal. After this raise we were let into the lake to start the trip across the isthmus.
c8ac857f.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter