DCL Has Their Protocol Out!!!

0:45 Freezing the night away party
I don’t think anyone is doubting that’s the activity on the Magic. The Dream protocols specifically state “Deck parties have been temporarily paused” with no mention (at this time) of anything similar. You have a bit of tunnel-vision insisting the Dream is going to be exactly like the Magic, and much is the same but there are some differences. It’s a larger ship with more passengers, there are always some differences.

I'm reading that mask compliance is good on the Magic and is being enforced. Is anyone hearing otherwise? My husband wants to cancel our September Western right now due to the unknown number of unvaccinated guests and switch to another line that is sailing with 95% vaccinated. I'm trying to take a more measured approach to the stay/cancel evaluation, but lack of mask compliance/enforcement would be a deal breaker for me as well.
Have heard of some issues from people on the sailings this week (people ignoring the rules in the theatre, lifts etc and cast members not challenging it). I emailed DCL to ask if any of the rules had changed as the restrictions were part of my motivation for booking and (as usual) it appears the cast members on the cruise aren’t communicating with those on shore as I was told everything bar temperature checks were still being enforced.

I stopped watching those after I heard "I'm so excited it's my FIRST cruise with DCL!" I want to know what happens when folks who know what it used to look like report back.

I will keep saying it, watch the UK vlogs, people are jumping to all sorts of assumptions that their Dream cruises experience will be ruined with these new procedure. You should just see the excitement and joy and happiness in the UK Vlogs, the amount of people who are just so over the moon about being on a Disney Cruise.

This is not Disney's first time at this. They are well aware of the actions of the wannabe rule breakers and will take steps to stop it. For people who then think that they are just going to sit down at a table and take their mask off. If Disney is OK with it, they will let it go. If Disney decides that it is a problem they will do like they did at WDW and tell you that the mask has to be on except when actively eating or drinking and that can mean in between bites. AT WDW it meant don't take the mask off until after your food arrived at the table and put it on after you are done eating.
I spent over 22 days at WDW during this pandemic and always took my mask off as soon as sitting down at a table. It was never a policy to put your mask back on between bites that's just silly.

not all insurance covers covid Related expenses. Unless it’s changed, it was expensive the last time I looked into it. Covid insurance was under the cancel for any reason policies.
We have insurance through AAA it wasn't that expensive, BUT people should read their policy carefully bc "any time any reason" doesn't really mean any time any reason. At the time we purchased it Covid was exempt from "any reason". The details on the DCL know before you go specify that Covid specifically must be covered. I know Disney's insurance provider obviously offers it, but I will have to check for ch as nge with my policy. It is optional if vaccinated, but I'd still like to know.

UK is quite different from the US. Maybe not the protocols, but the people. I have watched the vlogs and all the vloggers are English (that I have seen) and are quite positive. Like you said "look good to me and some others" "some" being the defining term. Not, "looks good to me a majority of others". Where I live, and all the places I have visited recently, almost everybody has forgotten about their masks and life has returned to normal. We had our fair, no masks in any business other than medical no social distancing, there is still sanitizer all over. Of the few people that do wear masks about half wear them under their nose...so. I just don't see people in the US wanting to go back to the whole mask thing for something that is supposed to be an enjoyable experience. Let's also not forget that you are more than likely going to have to make a reservation to use the pool or lay out on deck. There will be only 1 movie and 1 Broadway quality show playing. We don't even know yet if the adult clubs will be open. Kids clubs allowing only 1 1.5-2.5 hour slots per day. No deck parties, no pirate night (this is huge for us), no regular meet and greets (makes our Star Wars cruise look a little less attractive. Excursions in a bubble. Masks anytime inside except in your cabin or eating or drinking. Many of the deck activities cancelled. Oh all this can be yours for the same price or more than pre-covid. Plus don't forget that a couple of the cruise lines have decided to do the 95/95 type cruise with virtually no restrictions, watching those vlogs will be a sobering experience next to a Disney Cruise vlog.

Remember that my original post that you replied to said that even Disney knows that these cruises are going to suck. Standard cancellation policy after the first cruise sets sail.

Disney does things regarding money for a reason. There is a reason that they only are allowing full refunds up until the day that the first cruise sets sail and it's not because they think that people blogging and vlogging on the first cruise will create less refund requests. This was a very very deliberate date, not some random date pulled out of the air.
^^^^ THIS - ALL THIS!! ^^^

Have heard of some issues from people on the sailings this week (people ignoring the rules in the theatre, lifts etc and cast members not challenging it). I emailed DCL to ask if any of the rules had changed as the restrictions were part of my motivation for booking and (as usual) it appears the cast members on the cruise aren’t communicating with those on shore as I was told everything bar temperature checks were still being enforced.

I've seen CM not challenge diapers in the pool, kids running wild, etc. I seriously doubt they're going to challenge everyone who refuses to cover their nose with a mask!

Including a heated tile lounger, sauna and a hot tub with a view out to sea?
I like the regular loungers and hot tubs (with glass bottoms) in the adult section just as much- the hot tubs and saunas were full in the rainforest room. If someone hasn't done this room they need to try it once to see if they like it, but maybe not at the current rates!

I've seen CM not challenge diapers in the pool, kids running wild, etc. I seriously doubt they're going to challenge everyone who refuses to cover their nose with a mask!
Yeah, the non-potty trained kids in pools has been another issue on the UK sailings...(far more so than on normal sailings pre-covid). The pool and slide seem to be down for cleaning for hours on every sailing, which given they’re often only 2/3 days has meant some people on the early sailings didn’t get a slot. Believe they’ve now ditched the virtual queue for the pool though.

I have my first ever trip in November. I don't mind showing my card. I don't really mind wearing a mask. I was a little sad to see no sail away or Pirate night, but wasn't surprised bc sail away was just removed from the itinerary and Pirate night was removed months ago. I could care less about the changes to character interactions as those aren't our thing anyway. We booked Disney paying about twice other lines for the fireworks that are still scheduled, the nightly Disney quality shows that are now down to 1 for the whole trip, and rotational dining which is unclear but sounds like it may not be happening. We don't want to postpone to next year. I know I should be happy that Disney is sailing no matter what the experience. Maybe by November things will be better, but if not I'm kinda sad we already paid in full bc another line might be better for us right now and that breaks my heart. I don't think we could have a better experience on another Cruise line but I'm not sure we couldn't have the same quality experience for 1/2 the price.

I'm just wondering why people are so worried about mask compliance if they don't want masks being required in the first place?
I have seen from previous (now banned) mask "discussions" that Disney is never going to please everyone on this issue. Just go by what Disney regulations are and if you aren't comfortable with the regulations don't go-to WDW or cruises. There will always be a few rule breakers. I try to avoid being around them (and trust the Cruise lines new ventilation system) or report them if I think it's really a huge deal.

rotational dining which is unclear but sounds like it may not be happening.

Rotational dining is happening on The Magic UK cruises, it is just slightly different
  • Only 1 party per table
  • Every second table seated, so the tables beside you will be empty
  • MDR which have a show element, the show is on a stage area and the characters don't go table to table
  • Menus are on a QR code which is scanned on your phone, paper menus available on request

Thats not correct. On the Magic UK cruises they have Freezing The Night Away deck party. It is scheduled twice, so that each seating of MDR can see it. People can watch it either from the pool deck area or the railings above. On the pool deck area there is limited capacity and each party have a designated place to stand to watch it.

Fireworks have been mentioned in the The Dream new procedures, so most likely they will do the same as Freeing The Night Away on The Magic in The UK.

This is due to social distancing. They are using the basketball area as space for people to sit.
It says on the DCL official website under "know before you go" that deck parties are suspended for now on the Dream. It doesn't say how many sailings it will apply to or if it will apply to other ships, but deck parties are off for now on the Dream.

I have seen from previous (now banned) mask "discussions" that Disney is never going to please everyone on this issue. Just go by what Disney regulations are and if you aren't comfortable with the regulations don't go-to WDW or cruises. There will always be a few rule breakers. I try to avoid being around them (and trust the Cruise lines new ventilation system) or report them if I think it's really a huge deal.
I'm very anti-mask, but I always complied with the rules whether it be at work, wdw or anywhere that required them. I don't have a problem complying with them on the ship. I'm going to Disneyland next month. Masks are no longer required, but it's California so who knows....regardless I'm still going. We really enjoyed our WDW trips over the last year.

That is not my problem now that there’s a vaccine available. Get vaccinated if you’re worried about catching it and don’t allow anyone who can’t get it yet in the ship. It’s as simple as that.
I agree totally for those 12 and over. Take the vaccine or take your chances. But Disney is a cruise line for families. Should children under twelve not be allowed? Why go on a Disney cruise if families can't take their kids? We will have a year old and five year old grandsons on a January 2022 Dream cruise. We are hoping that vaccines for children will be available this fall. Their parents are careful about where they take them but are not completely paranoid about them catching Covid from limited exposure. We know the statistics are in their favor, but still don't want to take too many risks when they can be easily avoided. The fact that the cruise will have the new air filtration system was the reason we will take the cruise. And try not to be around people too closely or too long inside not complying with masks if the boys haven't been vaccinated yet. Lots can change before early January.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter