DCL Disney Magic At Sea UK Residents Only Sailing Summer 2021 General Information

For those wondering about how DCL will verify about vaccinations

British holidaymakers will use NHS app to prove their coronavirus status

The NHS app will be used by holidaymakers in England to prove their coronavirus status to destination countries, British Transport Secretary Grant Shapps has announced.

Mr Shapps said the app – which is currently used to book medical appointments and order repeat prescriptions – will display evidence that someone has been vaccinated or recently tested.

He told Sky News: “In terms of vaccine certification, I can confirm we are working on an NHS application; actually it will be the NHS app that is used for people when they book appointments with the NHS and so on, to be able to show you’ve had a vaccine or you’ve had testing.

Info from people booking
20% required at booking , balance 30 days before departure HOWEVER if PIF at time of booking, booking for Palo etc opens

is that definitely right? Usually you have to wait to the 120/105/90 day mark depending on castaway level?

is that definitely right? Usually you have to wait to the 120/105/90 day mark depending on castaway level?
I've seen 30 days out for balance too - confirmed as a different policy for these UK sailings.

And we're already in the 120/105/90 day window for some of the earlier sailings. The later ones will still be subject to the usual window...

Thats from people who are booking today. I would not assume that previous policys will be current policies. DCL have changed a lot of things for these new UK sailings

Hi / I’m a total newbie here but have been following this thread hoping to make a booking first thing on Friday. I’ve been following the price thread and the thread on dibb but it seems that there are only prices for 2 adults and 2 children. I can’t see anything for 2 adults 3 children - is this a common configuration? Would I need to get two rooms ?

Are you sure? We were advised it was "Government issued ID" (which includes driving licence) for 18+ only.

I am posting info as I find it, this is what someone was told, they may have only asked the specific question "are passports required" not would it just be Government issued ID.

I've seen 30 days out for balance too - confirmed as a different policy for these UK sailings.

And we're already in the 120/105/90 day window for some of the earlier sailings. The later ones will still be subject to the usual window...

So anything that is payable is done at your castaway level so available now for those of us platinum and paid (we haven't yet so can't actually book things) but the 30 days is for the free things like the shows etc.

Are you sure? We were advised it was "Government issued ID" (which includes driving licence) for 18+ only.

The guidance on this has been vague but I forgot to ask when I phoned.

Hi / I’m a total newbie here but have been following this thread hoping to make a booking first thing on Friday. I’ve been following the price thread and the thread on dibb but it seems that there are only prices for 2 adults and 2 children. I can’t see anything for 2 adults 3 children - is this a common configuration? Would I need to get two rooms ?
Category 4A, 4B, and 4E sleep 5 people. They're family verandahs on deck 8. From what I've heard a lot of people do split into 2 rooms (especially if they have 6-8 people as only 2 bedroom concierge will sleep that many.) People will book connecting inside or oceanview rooms OR an inside and verandah room across the hall from each other. Sometimes you can save money booking 2 rooms and you get the extra space/bathroom. If you book 2, you do need to book 1 adult in each room, but supposedly you can sleep in whichever room you want. Just be mindful of muster stations, they're based on location of rooms and you have to go to whatever station is printed on your card.

Does anyone think there is a chance the nursary will open up by September?

also can hot tub be used
I would put the chance of the nursery opening as zero. It would require additional staff which means they would have to quarantine them in.

What's everyones general sense n off pricing??? Too expressive, about what you thought???

For comparison I used my September 2022 Norwegian Fjords cruise

7 night September 2022 Norwegian Fjords cruise
2 Adults
Category 11B Standard Inside Stateroom
Total price including tax and port fees = £2802
£401 per night including tax and port fees

4 Night Sailing From Southampton
2 Adults
Category 11B Standard Inside Stateroom
Total price including tax and port fees= £1836.26
£450 per night including tax and port fees

What's everyones general sense n off pricing??? Too expressive, about what you thought???

I booked anyway (May cancel nearer time) , however it was much more than I thought, for such a restricted cruise, with no ports.
Might save some money back though if it's true the spa is closed.

Updated Info from people who are booking
  • Government issued ID will be required for all passengers
  • 20% deposit required at booking , 3 day hold from time of booking to when deposit needs to be paid, then the balance needs to be paid 30 days before departure
  • If Paid In Full at time of booking, booking for Palo and other upcharge items opens as Platinum are inside the normal DCL booking window of 120 days and Gold Castaway members are inside the normal DCL booking window of 105 days.
  • Back To Back Booking allowed
  • Palo will be $45 for a 4 course fixed price menu / A la Carte menu
  • Vaccination status will be verified though NHS App

I was hoping for it to be cheaper too, as for comparison we are paying £1,738.94 for a 4 night cruise from New Orleans in Feb Half Term 22 for 2 adults in a verandah (Cat 07A) on the Wonder. But for a similar stateroom on this cruise I imagine we will end up paying around £2,400 for the 4 night from Liverpool. :(

Updated Info from people who are booking
  • Government issued ID will be required for all passengers
  • 20% deposit required at booking , 3 day hold from time of booking to when deposit needs to be paid, then the balance needs to be paid 30 days before departure
  • If Paid In Full at time of booking, booking for Palo and other upcharge items opens as Platinum are inside the normal DCL booking window of 120 days and Gold Castaway members are inside the normal DCL booking window of 105 days.
  • Back To Back Booking allowed
  • Palo will be $45 for a 4 course fixed price menu / A la Carte menu
  • Vaccination status will be verified though NHS App

There doesn't seem to be any updated information on the maximum number of nights for b2b 😕

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter