DCL Chamilia Charm

Has anyone been on a Disney Cruise lately and can tell me if the DCL logo Chamilia charm is still available? I'm not going on a Disney cruise anytime soon but wish there was a way to get one of these charms. I've seen one for sale on ebay for $99.99 but that seems a bit expensive since I recall seeing in a previous post that these charms sell for about $40 on the ship. If anyone knows of a way that I could buy one of these charms, please let me know.

I got off the Magic last Saturday and they had them on there for $40.00. If your a trusting type person I would recomend going to the thread for an upcoming cruise and post on there to see if someone would be kind enough to get one for you if you sent them the cost and shipping ahead of time!! :goodvibes

I was given my Chamilia bracelet with 3 charms on our Wonder Alaskan cruise in August (Dreams really do come true, the DCL logo ship and the blue Murano glass bead) from my friends who were cruising with us. They presented it to me on our last night at dinner as a thank you for planning the trip for them. I was so touched and so excited to receive it.

When we got home hubby got me more Disney charms and the locks to add to it for our Anniversary. I got one of them at www.disneyshopping.com and then on the Dream earlier this month I purchased the Tink one. She was $40.50 onboard in Whitecaps and they did have the DCL logo ship one as well.

Note....the one I ordered from the Disney website came in a small plastic bag...it did not come in the Chamilia green box but the ones bought onboard did come with the green gift box.

I just love it!!!

MJ

Not an expert by any stretch but in researching gift for my sweetheart, I was told several times that Chamilia and Pandora charms are not interchangeable. That said, I was also told that some will fit the other bracelet but it's hit or miss. The simple Chamilia bracelet (lobster claw type catch) seems to be the easiest to use Pandora charms on. I wound up buying it for that reason.

As for the ship charm on a necklace, sounds as though the charm may be a bit top heavy. You might try putting a small piece of cancel or beeswax on the backside toward the bottom to help keep it upright while wearing it. Otherwise, you could buy two Chamilia locks and put one on either side of the ship to keep it upright.

Hope this helps.

OK, these are awesome-- I'm sold. I really want to start a bracelet now when we go on our Christmas cruise. My question is though: do they sell the different bracelets on the ship as well, or should I buy one ahead of time? I really like the leather ones that wrap multiple times around your wrist (more length for more beads! :) ), but am also worried that the leather doesn't wear as well as the metal ones... any suggestions for a chamilia newbie?

My friends bought my bracelet onboard....along with the charms. I did not know they had different bracelets but I am happy with the one I have.....the locks I think were from Pandora but they open up wide so it was no problem fitting them on the Chamilia bracelet.

MJ

IMG_3684.jpg
IMG_3685.jpg

I found a clearer picture. Also a link to the original poster's post.

Bought mine on our October cruise. I love it. :lovestruc

Not an expert by any stretch but in researching gift for my sweetheart, I was told several times that Chamilia and Pandora charms are not interchangeable. That said, I was also told that some will fit the other bracelet but it's hit or miss. The simple Chamilia bracelet (lobster claw type catch) seems to be the easiest to use Pandora charms on. I wound up buying it for that reason.

As for the ship charm on a necklace, sounds as though the charm may be a bit top heavy. You might try putting a small piece of cancel or beeswax on the backside toward the bottom to help keep it upright while wearing it. Otherwise, you could buy two Chamilia locks and put one on either side of the ship to keep it upright.

Hope this helps.
I have a pandora bracelet and this charm fit on it.

Is chamilia like Pandora??? If so will the charms fit the Pandora bracelets?

Is chamilia like Pandora??? If so will the charms fit the Pandora bracelets?

I have the murano Minnie charm and it fits on my Pandora, however, I bought the "Dreams Really Do Come True" charm and the CM told me that it fits on Pandora. Well, when I got home it did not fit. I had to mail it back and I am still waiting for my reimbursement. If you can, I would bring the Pandora bracelet with you to make sure the charms fit.

I have both a chamilia and a pandora bracelet.
As others have said SOME beads fit. I have had a few chamilia almost get stuck on the pandora bracelet. I hear if this happens pandora will not help you and they void your warranty. Im not taking any chances so I keep them separate.

Chamilia does have a bangle bracelet. I love it! No twisting envolved they just slide on so both brands fit. It's much easier to put on too.

If you are going to buy the DCL cruise charm, but it the first night.

The only had 8 charms on the cruise I took, November 20 & I bought 2 of them.

I love it.:love:

Can any one tell me what store on the Wonder sells them? I would love to get the DCL one.

OK, these are awesome-- I'm sold. I really want to start a bracelet now when we go on our Christmas cruise. My question is though: do they sell the different bracelets on the ship as well, or should I buy one ahead of time? I really like the leather ones that wrap multiple times around your wrist (more length for more beads! :) ), but am also worried that the leather doesn't wear as well as the metal ones... any suggestions for a chamilia newbie?

I have at least one of each style of Chamilia bracelet and my leather one is the one I wear most often, I love it with jeans. It is also my bracelet with the most Disney charms on. Buy the bracelet ahead of time and some locks. Otherwise the charms just clump up. I use to have 5 locks but have switched to 6. Each set of locks allows you a grouping of beads, a single lock lets you do a group up against the clasp. I like 3 groups (hence 5 or 6 locks) one large group in the centre, a smaller one above and a med size group below.

Make sure you try each lock on the bracelet, some fit, others don't, it is a tight squeeze. I have heart shaped locks for one pair, stars for another, and scrolls for the final set. I also have 3 sets of Murano glass on my bracelets in reds, golds, and yellow.

I have at least one of each style of Chamilia bracelet and my leather one is the one I wear most often, I love it with jeans. It is also my bracelet with the most Disney charms on. Buy the bracelet ahead of time and some locks. Otherwise the charms just clump up. I use to have 5 locks but have switched to 6. Each set of locks allows you a grouping of beads, a single lock lets you do a group up against the clasp. I like 3 groups (hence 5 or 6 locks) one large group in the centre, a smaller one above and a med size group below.

Make sure you try each lock on the bracelet, some fit, others don't, it is a tight squeeze. I have heart shaped locks for one pair, stars for another, and scrolls for the final set. I also have 3 sets of Murano glass on my bracelets in reds, golds, and yellow.

Thanks for this info! While browsing the website yesterday, I loved the leather too but I have a very small wrist and was wondering how it worked with the charms with it wrapping multiple times. Looks like these can get addictive! :goodvibes

I have at least one of each style of Chamilia bracelet and my leather one is the one I wear most often, I love it with jeans.

Thanks so much for your advice! How does the leather hold up? Does it fray/wear out where the charms are/have been? I'm pretty much decided on the cognac colored leather wrap bracelet, but I'm worried about how it wears over time, but that's my only concern-- if that gets addressed, I'll be totally sold! :)

Thanks so much for your advice! How does the leather hold up? Does it fray/wear out where the charms are/have been? I'm pretty much decided on the cognac colored leather wrap bracelet, but I'm worried about how it wears over time, but that's my only concern-- if that gets addressed, I'll be totally sold! :)

Mine is about 6 months old and I wear it 3 days per week on average. It seems to be holding up well. It has stretched slightly.

Cindy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter