Day Three

londonpenguin

The Voice of Reason
Dramatis Personae

Me (londonpenguin), 34
My BF, 39

Day Three, September 9

Felt a bit ooky this morning – I think it was the chicken strips’ fault. (Or maybe I was still shaken up from Body Wars.)

Bloody hot this morning – I think it got into the low 90s during the day. There were supposed to be thunderstorms too, but we never saw or heard anything. (Yay!)

Went to Animal Kingdom, where I proceeded to give myself carpal tunnel syndrome from fanning myself all day. I was so flippin’ HOT! Had breakfast at the Tusker House. Sausage and egg biscuit – yum! BF, once again, had some truly exceptional fruit.

Walked around Discovery Island and did ITTBAB, which we had seen before at California Adventure in Cal. It’s just so cute, though. I did, however, close my eyes when the black widows came down. Spiders … eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!!!!

Went over to the Kilimanjaro Safaris (had to wait a whopping 30 seconds to get on). Nearly all the animals were out, so it was really nifty. I especially liked the gazelles. So, let me get this straight: Big Red and Little Red do not actually exist. Am I right?

Pangani Forest Exploration Trail next, and I just loved those little cotton-top monkeys. Plus, I’m a major meerkat fan, but they were too quick to get a photo of. Saw the talking trash can too. I just love little details like that.

By the way, are there any Brits left in Britain? I think the vast majority of the population is in WDW this week! I heard more British accents than I did Southern accents. (I am a rabid Anglophile, though, so I love hearing Britspeak.) Britain’s going to sink a few inches when they all go back.

Okay. I know it was intensely hot today, but I have never seen so much pre-teen skin in all my life! What’s with these 12-year-olds wearing midriff-baring tops and hot pants that show a little too much crevice – and not a’ one of them with the figure for it. (Sigh. I must be getting old.)

Also, what’s with women wearing spaghetti-strap sundresses and then, like, a D-cup bra underneath that you can totally see? Who thinks this is a good look?

All right. Enough Glamour Don’ts.

Went over to DinoLand USA next and went on Dinosaur. I didn’t buy the photo, but it was pretty funny. I looked like I was having fun, but BF actually looked startled by the dino that had just menaced us.

Would’ve enjoyed Primeval Whirl more if we weren’t still discombobulated from Body Wars. (Never ever again!) BF won me a stuffed frog from the midway games to add to the stuffed monkey he won me last year at California Adventure. (How on earth am I going to pack it?)

Walked into Tarzan Rocks. Have to say that Tarzan (the movie) didn’t impress me much, so I didn’t care whether we saw TR or not, but at least it was somewhere shady to sit. (Good heavens, I’m turning into a crank!) Anyway, I wasn’t too impressed with the show, esp. as the girl backup singers didn’t seem to be singing the same song. I did enjoy the roller skaters, and this one very tall, skinny black man dressed as a leopard. He was absolutely fascinating. And I have to admit that Tarzan himself was quite the specimen! I was convinced at first that his leg muscles were fake … but they weren’t. Phew!

Had lunch at Flame Tree Barbecue (surrounded by Brits). I had the chicken salad sandwich, which grew on me after a few bites.

Dumped off some of our stuff at a locker, then headed over to Asia and did Kali River Rapids (total wait time: 26 seconds). Wound up in an inner tube with a bunch of Brits who had clearly been on it several times already. The woman next to me was trying to wring herself out. The two little girls in the group were having a blast, shouting, “We’re gonna get soaked!” They all got soaked again, BF got pretty wet too, but I got off easy. This was good, as water rides are not my favorite. (I suppose it wouldn’t have been too bad to get soaked – did I mention that it was hotter than Hades? There’s a great line in “Biloxi Blues” where Matthew Broderick’s character says, “Man it's hot. It's like Africa hot. Tarzan couldn't take this kind of hot.” That’s how I felt.)

Maharajah Jungle Trek next, where we watched tigers playing and splashing in a fountain. Unfortunately, our camera battery had run out, so we have no photos. Sigh. Saw the bats (at least one of which was quite clearly a boy bat – holy cow!) and the komodo dragon. The CM their said a komodo could kill a cow. Eeeek!

Got some lovely lovely ice cream and watched Mickey’s Jammin’ Jungle Parade (surrounded by Brits and one Russian family). I’m not much of one for parades, but I liked those cool puppet things that looked like animals.

Did ITTBAB again (I looked when the black widows came down this time … eeeuuggh!), bought a magnet (magnets are my souvenir “thing”) and went back to the room, where we discovered SoapNet on the TV, so we watched GH.

Later on, we went over to DD Marketplace. Walked through some shops, across Pleasure Island, and through to the West Side. Had dinner at (wait for it) McDonald’s. Quite possibly the dirtiest restroom I have ever seen. Bought some magnets at Magnetron and went to the Virgin Megastore. Managed to restrain myself there. Went to DisneyQuest at 10:45, but still had time to do CyberSpace Mountain (Bill Nye again. We’ll have to talk to him the next time we see him sipping a mocha.). Our coaster only rated a 2 out of 5 for scariness, but it was still pretty cool to ride.

Got back to the room after midnight (actually had to wait 15 minutes for a bus) and fell asleep almost instantly.

No Big or Little Red:eek: :eek: :eek:
I suppose you're going to tell me there is no Santa Claus either;)

I thought the same thing about Tarzan LOL

Thanks for the report!

I loved the glamour dont's - ours was transparent dresses over bikinis!

And we saw the boy bat too - the little girl next to us wanted to know what it was but her mum was too mesmerised to answer!

:wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter