Dapper Day?

Carnator

Mouseketeer
Just a little confused, on DIS boards new page it says Dapper Days are April 28th-30th. Craig mentions on Daily Fix that it is tomorrow (22nd). I have some friends that were thinking of going next week. Just checking for them. Thanks

Personally ..... I think this is a bad idea. With finer dressing comes finer, dressier shoes. It is the SHOES that concern me. Women will be wearing higher heels, and possibly getting on rides with high heels. This is not a safe thing in a theme park. Many feet will be hurting, and some women might be tripping or spraining ankles. I recall on one of the videos for the opening of Disneyland ..... some women were actually ruining the pavement with high heels on a hot day. Now, if everyone got all dressed up but continued to wear sneakers, that would be fine.

I recall on one of the videos for the opening of Disneyland ..... some women were actually ruining the pavement with high heels on a hot day.
Amusing anecdote. The reason that happened is the pavement had just been laid and had not fully hardened yet. In those days (1955) it was common for people to get dressed up (including heels for women) when they went out.

Amusing anecdote. The reason that happened is the pavement had just been laid and had not fully hardened yet. In those days (1955) it was common for people to get dressed up (including heels for women) when they went out.
I thought I'd heard too there were record-breaking temps around that time, which also helped to soften the pavement, and that some of it had been laid just before opening, that's how pressed for time they were.

It was also a record high of over 100F opening day which didnt help with the fresh pavement.

another amusing anecdote is almost nobody came for opening day of WDW and they thought they made a huge mistake but on day 2 it was crazy and people didn't want to deal with first day opened like with what happened around DL.

Personally ..... I think this is a bad idea. With finer dressing comes finer, dressier shoes. It is the SHOES that concern me. Women will be wearing higher heels, and possibly getting on rides with high heels. This is not a safe thing in a theme park. Many feet will be hurting, and some women might be tripping or spraining ankles. I recall on one of the videos for the opening of Disneyland ..... some women were actually ruining the pavement with high heels on a hot day. Now, if everyone got all dressed up but continued to wear sneakers, that would be fine.

It has been going on for a few years now with no accidents. Women wear heals all the time and have no issues. Some are just comfortable in them. Fiance has some dress shoes that are just as comfortable as his sneakers.

Disneyland that you are talking about was from concrete that hadn't yet dried not from just your standard Disney walkway now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter