Dancing With the Stars - Fall 2021

Imzadi

♥ Saved by an angel in a trench coat!
The Dancing With The Stars premiere is Monday, Sept 20.

I originally wasn't going to post a thread or even watch this season, after the fiasco 2 seasons ago with Bobby Bones, then after ABC took a season off, and the last season turned out to be a not-even-very-thinly-veiled 12+ weeks promo for ABC stars, with an ABC star winning, to promote The Bachelor/ette franchise. :rolleyes1 I doubt the integrity of this show as a real competition. But there are actually 3-4 real contenders who can dance, so there may be some good weeks to watch & discuss popcorn:: regardless if the winner is fixed. :furious:

(There, I logged in MY official complaint and frustration about this show. :badpc: Feel FREE to have and voice different and opposing opinions. :hyper2: While people get annihilated on other DIS threads for having different opinions, on the TV show threads, we all know it's fluff we are all debating and generally we can voice differences in views and opinions of our favorite stars & plot lines, etc. Even if some strongly disagree on the other end of the computer screen. ;) :duck: )

The Stars:
JoJo Siwa - Dancer on Dance Moms. Also singer, actress and YouTube personality. She identifies as pansexual, so she is partnered with a female dance pro - Jenna Johnson. (Wouldn't be surprised if she gets a Freeform show out of this. :rolleyes1 )
Suni Lee - American gymnast who just won three medals at the 2020 Summer Olympics in Tokyo. A gold medal in the all-around competition, bronze for the uneven bars and silver in the team competition.
Amanda Kloots
- Former Broadway dancer and Radio City Rockette who is now a celebrity trainer and co-host of The Talk. Her late husband, Broadway actor, Nick Cordero was one of the first known U.S. COVID cases, chronicling how lengthy and horrific a battle with COVID-19 can be. He was hospitalized in March 2020 and, after many ups and downs throughout 95 days of treatment, a leg amputation, then major blood clots all over the body, he died at the age of 41 in July 2020.
Cody Rigsby - A New York City-based Peloton instructor, the company's cycling director, a celebrity fitness instructor, and former professional dancer for Katy Perry & Nicki Minaj.
Melanie C - Singer: Spice Girls member, known as Sporty Spice.
Olivia Jade Giannulli - the infamous daughter of actress Lori Loughlin and fashion designer Mossimo Giannulli, during the college admissions scandal. She NEVER wanted to go to college, but her parents made her (and her sister) go and got them in on fake rowing scholarships. Olivia preferred to be a YouTuber and social media influencer. That went downhill during the scandal, and now she's trying to get her popularity as an influencer back.
Melora Hardin - Actress: the Dirty Dancing TV series in the '80s, played Jan Levinson on The Office and was an Emmy nominee for Transparent. Most recently, in the Freeform series The Bold Type. (ABC star.)
Brian Austin Green
- Actor: Beverly Hills, 90210 & the 2019 reboot of the same show. His real life girlfriend is pro dancer Sharna Burgess. They are rumored to be partnered for DWTS.
Kenya Moore - Reality TV star: Real Housewives of Atlanta.
Iman Shumpert - Pro basketball player, formerly with the New York Knicks and most recently played for the Brooklyn Nets. He won the NBA championship as a member of the Cleveland Cavaliers in 2016.
Mike “The Miz” Mizanin - Professional wrestler for the past 15 years. Also made past appearances on The Real World and The Challenge.
Matt James - The Bachelor's first black male star. He is the current Bachelor. (ABC star, so should be around to the quarter-finals, regardless of if he can dance, to cross-promote that show - which is what DWTS has turned into - a promo for other ABC shows. Expect inflated judges scores where they miss obvious flubs and rave about stuff that we don't see. Meanwhile better stars get the boot instead. :sad2: )
Christine Chiu
- Philanthropist and a star of Netflix's Bling Empire, a reality show focused on wealthy Asians and Asian Americans in Los Angeles. Christine and her husband, Dr. Gabriel Chiu, co-founded Beverly Hills Plastic Surgery.
Jimmie Allen - Country music singer known for songs like "Best Shot" and "Make Me Want To," both off his 2018 debut album, "Mercury Lane."
Martin Kove - Actor: The 3 Karate Kid movies in the '80s. He reprised his character, John Kreese, on the YouTube TV series Cobra Kai, for its first two seasons before it moved to Netflix for its third. Season 4 is set to release this December with a Season 5 already confirmed.

The Stars & their Pro Partners are:
JoJo Siwa & Jenna
Amanda Kloots & Alan
Olivia Jade & Val
Brian Austin Green & Sharna
Matt James & Lindsay
Suni Lee & Sasha
Cody Rigsby & Cheryl
Kenya Moore & Brandson
Melanie C. & Gleb
Melora Hardin & Artem
Iman Shumpert & Daniella
Jimmie Allen & Emma
Christine Chiu & Pasha
Mike "The Miz" Mizanin & Witney
Martin Kove & Britt

Judges:
Len Goodman, who missed last season due to travel restrictions, will officially return. Derek Hough, who filled in for him last season, will stay on, along with Bruno and Carrie Ann.

Host: Tyra Banks is back. . . and maybe in some more horrible outfits. :earseek: o_O :eek: :headache: :crazy2:

As usual, this first post will get updated as we get more info during the season, etc.

Mandy200587, our resident DWTS DIS detective, has been keeping her eyes peeled for details. :magnify: :cheer2:

#DWTS #DWTS30

Last edited:
I’m glad that some folks still enjoy the show. My official complaint and frustration moment with the show was when they got rid of Tom Bergeron and replaced him with the faker than fake attention-you-know-what Tyra Banks.

If they bring back Tom then I’ll start watching again.

I’m glad that some folks still enjoy the show. My official complaint and frustration moment with the show was when they got rid of Tom Bergeron and replaced him with the faker than fake attention-you-know-what Tyra Banks.

If they bring back Tom then I’ll start watching again.
I'll pass on that show this year. I cannot stand Tyra as the host

I agree with both of you wholeheartedly. :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 Also reasons why I wasn't going to bother posting a thread. And I might not stick with the show, depending on how it's going. But, we have so few positive, fun threads on the DIS now. We had so many threads of people annihilating each other in other threads over differing opinions & viewpoints, :rolleyes1 :duck: I thought we could use a fun, fluff thread.

I'll watch the show as long as it's that. Once the phony judges votes promoting the Bachelor or another ABC star who can't really dance over better stars, and this show is just frustrating and angry-making, I'm OUT!

I am not that enthused about the stars but might watch anyway. Will see on Monday.

I'm interested to watch Brian Austin Green and Sharna. They are dating in real life so it should make for a cute storyline. I'll admit I watched 90210 back in the day, so I'm interested to see how "David Silver" turned out.

Mildly interested in Amanda Kloots and the guy from the real world. Amanda because she's a dancer and that baby of hers and Nick is too cute for words. The real world guy is a character if I recall correctly. Should be fun to watch.

Martin Kove- meh to him BUT maybe Ralph Macchio and Billy Zabka will show up to support him. I love Cobra Kai on Netflix.

Jojo Siwa- I don't know anything about her other than she's a pro dancer from some reality show. My main beef with her is the bows. Time to give it up, girl. You're an adult now. Looks ridiculous.

Olivia Jade- don't get me started.

The rest I will hold my opinion of until the show starts since I don't really have an opinion of them going into it.

This show is like a bad relationship. You know it's time to cut your losses and leave but it still keeps sucking you in.

Olivia Jade- don't get me started.

::yes:: :lmao:Yes, it was hard coming up with a description for her. What is in the OP is actually me being "kind."

Me: type type type. . .backspace backspace backspace. . .type type type. . .delete delete delete. . . type type type. . . "Oh, I better not say that in case someone actually likes her."

:rotfl:

One deleted description was: "the brainless daughter who couldn't get into a college on her own. . . " :duck:

Yea many who appear seem to be trying to revive their careers and looking for publicity. I stopped watching a few years ago when someone who clearly was not the best dancer won since he had a large following outside of the show. The first few weeks, they usually cast aside the ones who are clearly not very good at dancing.

I’m a reality show junkie but this show never did it for me. It looks like the word ‘stars’ is open to interpretation.

The word ‘stars’ is open to whomever they can get to do the show. :lmao:There were some 'stars' who openly admitted they had no idea that they'd be required to actually learn to dance for 6-8 hours a day, every day. It was clear that their agents or pubicist lied to them, telling them they'd only have to appear on the show for a couple weeks for the publicity & money. They had no idea they'd have to be so physical for so long and that their pro dance partner would be on their butts about it.

Okay here's what all I know so far: Live limited audience back, cue the booing of trya's idiot self.

There are two new pros without partners this year:
Ezra Sosa: Ezra was a Top 6 contestant on Season 16 of So You Think You Can Dance.
Sofia Ghavami: Sofia made it to Top 20 on Season 16 of So You Think You Can Dance and was recently a pro on Mira Quién Baila.

Celebs/Pros:
Jojo and Jenna
Sunisa and Sasha
Kenya and Brandson
Amanda and Alan
Olivia and Val
Matt and Lindsay
Iman and Daniella
Jimmie and Emma
Brian and Sharna
Christine and Pasha
Mel C. and Gleb
Melora and Artem
Mike "The Miz" and Witney
Cody and Cheryl
Martin and Britt

There is going to be theme nights, third week is going to be BRITNEY SPEARS!!!!!!!

Opening Night dances:
  • Country singer Jimmie Allen dancing the Tango to “The Way I Are” by Timbaland ft. Keri Hilson, D.O.E.
  • · TV actor Brian Austin Green (“Beverly Hills, 90210”) dancing the Foxtrot to “Skate” by Bruno Mars, Anderson .Paak, Silk Sonic
  • · Spice Girl Melanie C dancing the Cha Cha to “Wannabe” by Spice Girls
  • · Reality star Christine Chiu (“Bling Empire”) dancing the Tango to “Glamorous” by Fergie, Ludacris
  • · TV and film actress Melora Hardin (“The Bold Type”) dancing the Tango to “Simply Irresistible” by Robert Palmer
  • · Influencer Olivia Jade dancing the Salsa to “Juice” by Lizzo
  • · Matt James (“The Bachelor”) dancing the Cha Cha to “Give It To Me Baby” by Rick James
  • · Talk show co-host of “The Talk” Amanda Kloots dancing the Tango to “Dance Again” by Jennifer Lopez, Pit Bull
  • · Actor Martin Kove (“Cobra Kai”) dancing the Paso Doble to “You’re The Best” by Joe “Bean” Esposito
  • · Olympic gymnast Suni Lee dancing the Jive to “Stay” by The Kid LAROI, Justin Bieber
  • · WWE superstar The Miz (“Miz & Mrs.”) dancing the Cha Cha to “Butter” by BTS
  • · Real Housewife Kenya Moore (“The Real Housewives of Atlanta”) dancing the Foxtrot to “Kiss Me More” by Doja Cat ft. SZA
  • · Celebrity Fitness Guru Cody Rigsby dancing the Tango to “Physical” by Dua Lipa
  • · NBA basketball star Iman Shumpert (“We Got Love Teyana and Iman”) dancing the Jive to “Hey Ya!” by Outkast
  • · Popstar and dancer JoJo Siwa dancing the Quickstep to “Are You Gonna Be My Girl?” by Jet

Ever since the show went political, I decided to not tune in anymore. The unnecessary host replacement didn’t help either.

I know I watched a few seasons a few years ago. I remember the deaf guy who won and I thought he was awesome.

What was the fiasco with Bobby Bones? I only know him as a radio DJ on my country station.

I doubt I'll watch this season. I only recognize two "stars" even with their descriptions.

Okay here's what all I know so far: Live limited audience back, cue the booing of trya's idiot self.

There are two new pros without partners this year:
Ezra Sosa: Ezra was a Top 6 contestant on Season 16 of So You Think You Can Dance.
Sofia Ghavami: Sofia made it to Top 20 on Season 16 of So You Think You Can Dance and was recently a pro on Mira Quién Baila.

Celebs/Pros:
Jojo and Jenna
Sunisa and Sasha
Kenya and Brandson
Amanda and Alan
Olivia and Val
Matt and Lindsay
Iman and Daniella
Jimmie and Emma
Brian and Sharna
Christine and Pasha
Mel C. and Gleb
Melora and Artem
Mike "The Miz" and Witney
Cody and Cheryl
Martin and Britt

There is going to be theme nights, third week is going to be BRITNEY SPEARS!!!!!!!

Great, I'll update the OP with the pairings. :thumbsup2

This season looks to be pretty interesting. I’m definitely in. It would be nice if they deviated more from the format of: bachelor/bachelorette, gymnast or ice skater, former basketball/football star- but they mixed it up this season for sure. A few I already don’t like (o. Jade, m. James), but I already love Cody and he has my vote lol.

I miss Tom and Erin, but also like Tyra, and think her kooky outfits fit in with a dance show. I probably am not a die-hard like some with this show though.

What was the fiasco with Bobby Bones? I only know him as a radio DJ on my country station.

It's what 19disnA was talking about. (Although he may have been talking about someone else. It seems to have been happening for a while.) But, Bobby Bones broke the DWTS camel's back.

I stopped watching a few years ago when someone who clearly was not the best dancer won since he had a large following outside of the show. The first few weeks, they usually cast aside the ones who are clearly not very good at dancing.

As 19disnA said the first few weeks, the worst dancers generally get booted off the show. No one wants to be first. But after that, the next few weeks it really doesn't matter which of the ones who clearly aren't going to make it to the finals goes that week. Some of us throw our favorite star a few votes to keep them around longer, so they have a respectable finish. But they rightfully go eventually.

Some here, who are into country music & what Bobby Bones has done for country music did vote for him. As worse or same level stars went, it wasn't a problem. But, later on, week after week, he CLEARLY wasn't one of the better dancers at all, yet he STAYED, while those better dancers were booted off. Even people on this thread who voted for him initially were saying it was past time for him to go. So, it wasn't just those of us who had other favorites. It was like that on other forums & boards, too. Yet, Bobby Bones hung around much to our amazement, then to our incredulity. :eek: :faint: :badpc:

Then he made it into the Finals. And he wasn't even close to the top FIVE. So, a couple people who deserved to be in the finals didn't make it in. :sad2:

Then he WON. Even the 3 judges were aghast. o_O o_O o_O

Some time later, Bobby BOASTED that he PAID people to place multiple votes for him, inflating his totals so he could win every week. It wasn't just his fan base voting for him. He padded the votes so he would win.

(The Kardashians do this on their social media accounts. A good amount of their "followers" are phony accounts and "likes." There are even computer bots (computer programs) now that can post fake posts by the phony followers to pad one's accounts to make them seem more popular than they really are. Some other celebrities do this too. It was even in a TV episode of The Good Wife.)

And there was Bobby openly boasting he did something similar with the DWTS votes. :sad2: And he's run with that "win" ever since. It's a major resume credit for him, wherever he shows up. Just as some actors are "Academy Award winner _____," Bobby is "DWTS winner Bobby Bones." Like it legitimizes him in the non-country music world. So, yeah, he WANTED that title that he paid for.

DWTS stopped airing for a season due to the negative backlash. They tried to do a Junior Kids season instead. And whether the regular DWTS would return was up in the air. If the show openly wasn't a legit competition, why watch? Why should ABC have it on?

When they did come back, they overhauled the voting. Sharna, Bobby's pro dance partner didn't come back that season. She should have been able to come back as the reigning pro champion, ready to defend her title for possibly a second win in a row. But she didn't. And it seems, the new executive producer sold ABC on the idea that if it wasn't a legit dance competition anymore, he would make sure the show would be a 12 week long promo for their other ABC shows and stars/celebs. Namely, The Bachelorette. So, still a win for ABC, at least. Many of us here and on other boards didn't think the bachelorette was the best last season. But, it was clear DWTS was promoting her over others. And almost every commercial was about the next season of The Bachelor. So, it wasn't a surprise that she won last season. I don't even remember her name, she was that non-memorable. :rolleyes: But now, she has two reality TV wins to continue to promote herself: as the Bachelorette AND a DWTS winner. BOTH ABC shows, so a double win for ABC.

The show also got rid of the host for 28 seasons, Tom Bergeron and his co-host Erin Andrews just weeks before the new season. Tom was a class act, and funny to boot. He was replaced with Tyra Banks. They are trying to reach a younger, edgier crowd. Probably to replace the audience who watched during the early years when the show was a legit competition. But, have now left.

There is an old Klingon/Russian saying (from Star Trek,) "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on ME."

Many of us already came back a second time after the Bobby Bones fiasco to see the Bachelorette was going to "win." :sad2:

I'm only going to watch because it seems like the first 4 contestants in my first post above may be actual contenders as they all have dance experience: JoJo Siwa, Amanda Kloots, Cody Rigsby. And gymnasts usually do really well, so Suni Lee has a strong chance. Any of them could win - for real. And Melanie C, the Spice Girl, may have some moves.

I'm NOT going to stay for a full season and waste my Monday night if it looks like ABC is turning this into another weekly promo for their ABC stars and it's a fictitious "competition" show. I get a whiff this show is fixed and I am out of here.

Last edited:
Thanks for the details. I had no idea but it doesn't surprise me that the votes are rigged, whether bought or not. I said the same thing many times about American Idol. It's not a real competition; it's all about who is the most popular and can get the votes. That is super frustrating.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter