Dancing With the Stars - Fall 2017

Wow! Those last two dances were just on another level!!

Yeah, I think they purposely saved the best two dances for last to be the lead in for The Good Doctor. So people would continue to watch ABC on a high note.

Yeah, I think they purposely saved the best two dances for last to be the lead in for The Good Doctor. So people would continue to watch ABC on a high note.

can you imagine if they had Nick in the pimp spot? :dancer:

There are a few dances from over the years that I go back and watch on YouTube...Mark and Lindsey's will be one of them. Just so COOL!

Jordan & Lindsay had my second favorite dance - the song (listened to it in full for the first time on my way into work this morning and actually got choked up, I know people hate Ed Sheeran but wow is that song good!) and "story" told through the staging and choreography were just perfect.

(I know I am in the minority, but Jordan and Lindsey are my favorites to watch - yes they're ringers, but they're AMAZING, they work hard, they really seem to enjoy being there, they aren't super conceited about how obviously better they are, and their dances are constantly super entertaining. Major kudos to Mark and Lindsay for coming up with great choreography each week.)

Surprisingly really liked Terrell and Cheryl! Another great song choice. TO is not my favorite but I'm glad to see he's taking it more seriously and enjoying himself - and I thought the set/staging was pretty cool.

I like Nikki and Victoria but I find that by the time we get to the end of the episode, I sort of forget that they were there? So I like them but never find them to be very memorable.

I'm relieved for Nick that he got voted off. I really like him but he was just so uncomfortable to watch! And I'm bummed that Drew and Frankie took a step back this week - also uncomfortable to watch, and they're two of my favorites.

I can't say I like Vanessa very much...something about her just bugs me a bit. Loved the song choice though, took my back to the total mess/hate-watch that was "Smash"! :teeth:

WOW, I was wondering about Shania too. OMG....

I was also like, what is with those 9's???? I am sitting there thinking 'SCRIPTED'.... for sure.
Must have been.
NO WAY that was all 9's.

That last dance... AMAZING!!!! WOW!!!!!
Mark has always been right up there with Derek ,and among the very very best.
He gets a bad rap too often. (and, yes, he is an oddball!)
That was incredible!

I am so glad that Nick is gone.
And, I don't have anything against him. He really gave it his best shot, and admits that he just isn't the best dancer.
Gotta give him Kudos!!!
As for why they kept him on for so long... They def wanted to keep him and Peta there until there was just not other way out, because of the Husband Wife competition thing with these two pairs.

After that last performance last night...
NOW it is getting interesting! Now we have a good competition this season.
I didn't want Jordan to just walk away with it. (even though, yes, he is very very clearly the 'best'!!!)

PS: I am one who just hates Ed Sheeran... OMG, he does not even have a singing voice, at all.

I voted today for the first time. I made sure to give Frankie some votes because of his scores this week. I'd hate to have him go home so early.

I purposely voted tonight, too, and most of my votes went to Frankie. I want him to last.

Loved Jordan & Lindsay, and Mark and Lindsey's dance was out of this world. I need to watch that again. I also enjoy Cheryl & Terrell...

As all the dancers, Cheryl is good looking, but she's really beautiful this year. Just sayin' :)

can you imagine if they had Nick in the pimp spot? :dancer:

:laughing: The other networks would be sending him flowers. :flower3: "Thanks Nick for sending more viewers our way." :thumbsup2

It's more evident from the lineup Mandy posted that they tried to tuck him away. Not too close to the start of the show that viewers would turn the channel then. And certainly not at the end, except to boot Nick off. :p

Performing order

Nikki, Drew, Nick, Victoria, Terrell, Frankie, Vanessa, Jordan, Lindsey

Last edited:
I can't say I like Vanessa very much...something about her just bugs me a bit.

Several of us have said the same thing. :scratchin I think, for me, it's that she has the attitude of one of the "popular girls" in high school cliques. I remember in her first video package on the show, they showed her as a mom, getting out for the evening with all her girl friends to a club to have some drinks. And they all had that, "I'm so great, look at me," popular high school girls clique attitude, especially Vanessa. :snooty: She's rather off-putting.

I think and I'm not defending her but I think part of Shania's speaking problem comes from her vocal cord disorder

I had to look but it causes problems i believe with her singing and speaking sometimes

I read that she had severe Lyme disease which affected her speaking and singing. She also lip synced her song.

Yes, this is why she's been 'missing' for the past several years from the singing world. :(

Team Phantom of the Ballroom (song: “Theme from Phantom of the Opera”)

Drew & Emma (captain)

Frankie & Witney

Vanessa & Maks

Victoria & Val

Team ? (Song: “Monster Mash”)

Terrell & Cheryl (captain)

Lindsey & Mark

Jordan & Lindsay

Nikki & Artem

Several of us have said the same thing. :scratchin I think, for me, it's that she has the attitude of one of the "popular girls" in high school cliques. I remember in her first video package on the show, they showed her as a mom, getting out for the evening with all her girl friends to a club to have some drinks. And they all had that, "I'm so great, look at me," popular high school girls clique attitude, especially Vanessa. :snooty: She's rather off-putting.
I still like her. I like other dancers better but I don’t get the dislike. And I’m usually with the rest of you on that kind of thing!

WOW, I was wondering about Shania too. OMG....

I was also like, what is with those 9's???? I am sitting there thinking 'SCRIPTED'.... for sure.
Must have been.
NO WAY that was all 9's.

That last dance... AMAZING!!!! WOW!!!!!
Mark has always been right up there with Derek ,and among the very very best.
He gets a bad rap too often. (and, yes, he is an oddball!)
That was incredible!

I am so glad that Nick is gone.
And, I don't have anything against him. He really gave it his best shot, and admits that he just isn't the best dancer.
Gotta give him Kudos!!!
As for why they kept him on for so long... They def wanted to keep him and Peta there until there was just not other way out, because of the Husband Wife competition thing with these two pairs.

After that last performance last night...
NOW it is getting interesting! Now we have a good competition this season.
I didn't want Jordan to just walk away with it. (even though, yes, he is very very clearly the 'best'!!!)

PS: I am one who just hates Ed Sheeran... OMG, he does not even have a singing voice, at all.
I am with you on Ed Sheehan, I do not mind him as a person, just do not like his songs. He is more of a folk/country singer, but the pop culture radio station plays the crap out of his songs.

If the captains choose the teams, i'm not surprised because Cheryl is close with Mark and I know Mark is close with Lindsay. There are certain dynamics I think that come into play with the group choosing.

As far as Monster Mash, my theory is they don't want to pay for the rights to other songs because my guess is monster mash is cheap

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter