D23 thoughts

connie1042

DIS Veteran
D23.Disney is out to make a dollar, just like anyone else. This is marketing 101. If you think about this, it is no different than Disney having you pay for all the add-on's to your trip. How many people have a cake during their trip? Goody bags? Things delivered to your room by Disney Florist.Most of these things are about the same price or more than the price of D23. At least this last for a whole year. Does anyone just go to Disney and enjoy the parks. Most of the people that have been to Disney a lot, adds something to their trip. Tour? Deluxe Dinning or regular dinning. After going so often, you need to add something so it is not the same old trip. Face it, if you could not do anything new Splash Mountain would get old pretty fast.I think D23 is just an add-on.They are giving their Fans something new. Maybe it is the same old thing, with just a new wrapper, I don't know, but it is a choice you have to make. Everyone has the right to their own opinion, don't make people feel bad for joining.

Well I did join because I knew I would buy the magazines anyway, except we have no stores here that sell them, so I'd drive and drive. So it turns out to be like $6 more (I got a 10% discount when I signed up) and I get all the extras.

I think this is just one more thing for people to choose from from a vast array of things Disney offers. If the expo comes to WDW sometime, I just might go down for that one too. I was starting to get annoyed because for a while, everything they offered were just for state residents or AP holders. This is a nice touch to those of us who are neither.

Obviously I'm an outsider, because I didn't receive the e-mail either. Other than Pete talking about it on the show several weeks ago, Disney hasn't advertised RU23 in our part of the country, so I have no idea what RU23 is all about. Can anyone give the details about the program. Thanks in advance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter