Current Magical Beginnings promotion with Direct

Does anyone know if magical beginnings could be used if you were buying a 100 pt contract at one resort and 50 at another? Debating 100 at VGF and 50 at VDH. Realizing it won’t optimize any developer credits but it wouldn’t be in the budget to buy more than 150 at this time. We would prefer to own fewer VDH points since the dues are higher and we won’t travel there every year like we will WDW.

Does anyone know if magical beginnings could be used if you were buying a 100 pt contract at one resort and 50 at another? Debating 100 at VGF and 50 at VDH. Realizing it won’t optimize any developer credits but it wouldn’t be in the budget to buy more than 150 at this time. We would prefer to own fewer VDH points since the dues are higher and we won’t travel there every year like we will WDW.
Using the assumption you're a current DVC owner and adding on. I would suggest either adding on 150 at VGF or 150 at VDH. This way you get the best incentives possible. You can still try to use the 7 month window to go to the other resort.

If you added on the way you wanted - I calculated 100 VGF points at $217-$7 incentive = $21000 and 50 VDH points at $230 = $11500 for a total of $32500 before Magical Beginnings (if applicable in this scenario). If applicable then it would cost $29200.

If you added 150 VGF points at $207 = $31050 -$3300 Magical Beginnings = $27750.

If you added 150 VDH points at $208 =$31200 - $3300 Magical Beginnings = $27900.

Yes, you would pay higher MF at VDH but you would have a longer contract and it's slight more expensive than adding all 150 at VGF.

** This excludes closings costs for simplication ** :)

Using the assumption you're a current DVC owner and adding on. I would suggest either adding on 150 at VGF or 150 at VDH. This way you get the best incentives possible. You can still try to use the 7 month window to go to the other resort.

If you added on the way you wanted - I calculated 100 VGF points at $217-$7 incentive = $21000 and 50 VDH points at $230 = $11500 for a total of $32500 before Magical Beginnings (if applicable in this scenario). If applicable then it would cost $29200.

If you added 150 VGF points at $207 = $31050 -$3300 Magical Beginnings = $27750.

If you added 150 VDH points at $208 =$31200 - $3300 Magical Beginnings = $27900.

Yes, you would pay higher MF at VDH but you would have a longer contract and it's slight more expensive than adding all 150 at VGF.

** This excludes closings costs for simplication ** :)
We are not current owners. 😕 So we can’t technically buy VDH until the 30th and our incentives won’t be as high. I called the guide I’ve talked to most recently and he is trying to get an answer for us by the end of the day.

We are not current owners. 😕 So we can’t technically buy VDH until the 30th and our incentives won’t be as high. I called the guide I’ve talked to most recently and he is trying to get an answer for us by the end of the day.
Hope it qualifies but I would suggest doing it near the end of the month so you're able to see what the incentives are starting May 30th.

Hope it qualifies but I would suggest doing it near the end of the month so you're able to see what the incentives are starting May 30th.
He got answers from higher ups because it was 50/50 with the other guides about if it could be split up between resorts. It cannot and needs to 150 on one contract.

Thinking we will do 150 at VGF with fees being lower and still getting 2023 points with the magical beginnings deal.

Hopefully we will be able to book VDH (and FW) at 7 months on occasion. If not maybe we will add on 50 pts at those resorts at some point.

I learned a lot of great info here which we really appreciate and we dove in head first. Went from "is 150pts BCV resale too many points?" to 200 pts BCV resale immediately followed by another 200 direct at VGF for the blue card and a pair of Sorcerer Passes that we put to use this weekend on our final non-member cash stay at our favorite resort. Next time we'll even bring the kids, hah! We've got three more trips scheduled over the next 11 months. Very excited.

I really appreciate the great community discussion here and how much it helped us do something we love and will enjoy for years (and hopefully decades!) to come.

20230514_074821.jpg

Ditto this! We purchased our first resale contract at BC last summer,100 points and had planned on waiting for Poly2 to possibly go direct. We instead took the plunge this week and bought 150 pts at GF! Thank you to everyone here for this discussion and for your thoughts and comments! Adult only trip coming in November for F&W!

FYI I reached out to my guide. It was ambiguous whether the rebate check would be taxed. Decided it wasn’t worth the risk for me.

I had read the increased Magical Beginnings were being offered with the current AKL incentives but wanted to share that today a Guide confirmed DVC is also offering it at VGF with $22/point to buy back your 2022 points.

That drops your $/pt rate a lot. Looking at 200 points goes to $197/pt with the current incentives then down another $22 to $175/pt with Magical Beginnings. That's cheaper than some resale VGF stripped listings I've been watching. Of course you have to be okay giving up your '22 points.

I pushed my luck and asked if DVC would buy back both '22 &' 23 points, but alas, no dice.

As an aside, I asked if they were offering any credits for an upcoming cash stay we have in a few weeks at VGF (planned before the DVC bug bit us). I thought I had read about a $500 credit recently, but she said they weren't doing that.

View attachment 758787
Is this deal still going on? I have loved our DVC at other resorts and would like to look into VGF. Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter