Current Magical Beginnings promotion with Direct

I went with an OCT UY based on my Guide's recommendation.
They also advised against the split due to them being counted as 2 separate contracts it would be be two different closing costs and if I ever sell part of the contract I would love my Blue card status.

They always mention that last point (if you sell one of your contracts you lose your blue card), but that’s irrelevant.

If you sell your single 150 point contract you’ll lose it anyways.

They always mention that last point (if you sell one of your contracts you lose your blue card), but that’s irrelevant.

If you sell your single 150 point contract you’ll lose it anyways.

Except, not everyone realizes that selling one of the 75 would be a lose of benefits.

But, in the end, you are right that the contract qualifies you so one or two doesn’t matter.

Spoke with my guide the other day and he says sales are brisk. Which tells me it's not going to get better than this. Which sucks because I was going to get my blue card and then lost my job. Can't really justify it and know this is going to haunt me years from now 😭
Good luck on the search. I'm in a similar boat right now.

The longer I live the more of these I accumulate... DVC points or Florida investment condos I couldn't afford to buy in ~2010-2012ish while still recognizing they were "on sale"... stock I wanted to buy that did end up taking off, but I didn't have free funds to buy...
Not being able to participate in this little DVC dip stings again, because it's somewhat "on sale" while a lot of other assets are still overinflated. But regardless of any of that, tomorrow will be great, big, and beautiful.

It really is. I think DVD found their magic price point.
Yes, I think so... I am curious though what they might do to motivate people to buy more than 150 points, to me 150 points was the best deal, 200 was highly questionable... But maybe they suspected they couldn't get those kind of deals anyways. Anyways, it moved us to do it. Not having to deal with resale brokers, not having to wait and wonder about ROFR, and a highly attractive price at our favorite resort, and one of Disney's most beloved and iconic.

Yes, I think so... I am curious though what they might do to motivate people to buy more than 150 points, to me 150 points was the best deal, 200 was highly questionable... But maybe they suspected they couldn't get those kind of deals anyways. Anyways, it moved us to do it. Not having to deal with resale brokers, not having to wait and wonder about ROFR, and a highly attractive price at our favorite resort, and one of Disney's most beloved and iconic.
Which is what irritates me about 150 being the same deal as 200.

We bought 200 during the previous incentives round (was still able to rewrite to these lower prices) and it was a significant price drop going from 150 to 200 at that time. We had just bought 200 BCV resale and I didn't want to do 200 VGF but felt like I was leaving money on the table not buying the extra 50 points. Fast forward to the current prices and I would have only bought the 150 we needed to blue card and gotten a better price point than I did for 200. Grrr.

I know down the road we'll use the extra 50 pts and be happy we got them, but for now I let a temporary deal steer me and two weeks later it was an unnecessary over-purchase.

Last edited:
Which is what irritates me about 150 being the same deal as 200.

We bought 200 during the previous incentives round (was still able to rewrite to these lower prices) and it was a significant price drop going from 150 to 200 at that time. We had just bought 200 BCV resale and I didn't want to do 200 VGF but felt like I was leaving money on the table not buying the extra 50 points. Fast forward to the current prices and I would have only bought the 150 we needed to blue card and gotten a better price point than I did for 200. Grrr.

I know down the road we'll use the extra 50 pts and be happy we got them, but for now I let a temporary deal steer me and two weeks later it was an unnecessary over-purchase.
So because a later sale was for less your purchase is frustrating?

Don't ever buy a vehicle......

Anyways, it moved us to do it. Not having to deal with resale brokers, not having to wait and wonder about ROFR, and a highly attractive price at our favorite resort, and one of Disney's most beloved and iconic.
See they have move me too with the current prices for 150pts at VGF and these same reasons, but everybody else wants to wait for Poly2 (which I am sure I will like as well). I just don't see the deals being this good for Poly2 when it is released. :rolleyes1

See they have move me too with the current prices for 150pts at VGF and these same reasons, but everybody else wants to wait for Poly2 (which I am sure I will like as well). I just don't see the deals being this good for Poly2 when it is released. :rolleyes1
I’m in this boat of wanting to wait for poly2 and thought about how the prices probably won’t be this low, but the issue is I want the 11 month booking window at poly2, not VGF. I’m only planning on adding on a small 50-75 points though so the incentives probably won’t impact me anyways. I did consider buying another 150 points at riviera with this new incentive instead of poly2, but I don’t like having so many RIV points due to the resale value… what a dilemma.

I’m in this boat of wanting to wait for poly2 and thought about how the prices probably won’t be this low, but the issue is I want the 11 month booking window at poly2, not VGF. I’m only planning on adding on a small 50-75 points though so the incentives probably won’t impact me anyways. I did consider buying another 150 points at riviera with this new incentive instead of poly2, but I don’t like having so many RIV points due to the resale value… what a dilemma.

Since you would be buying such a small amount, it makes sense to wait. Even if by next year we are at $240 for Poly tower…vs the $217 today, it would be an extra $1725 max for the resort you really want on the 50 to 75 points you are thinking.

Since you would be buying such a small amount, it makes sense to wait. Even if by next year we are at $240 for Poly tower…vs the $217 today, it would be an extra $1725 max for the resort you really want on the 50 to 75 points you are thinking.
Boy, $240 seems so high, maybe I should just do the extra 150 at riv now. But then of course that’s an extra 100 points to pay annual dues on.

Saw the current promotions on this forum 2 days prior, too enticing to pass up.
Did the math and called in yesterday at 4 pm and the points loaded last night ...

Now with an additional 2 75 points Dec UY contracts at GFV; applied summer incentive, magical begining, welcome home; will pay with Chase sapphire reserve to get 3% points back spilt across 90 days, final payment due before 9/12.

Taking into all closing cost, CC points back, prorated first year due, final cost should be less than $160 per points.
Never expected to become a blue card member. :-)

Boy, $240 seems so high, maybe I should just do the extra 150 at riv now. But then of course that’s an extra 100 points to pay annual dues on.
It does, but I was just guessing that what might be the highest we see since right now we have the active resorts for $217 and $230…

So, worst case scenario? And, I agree, having more points now just to pay extra dues, especially at place That isn’t first choice would be worth the wait.

IMO if you’re 50/50 on VGF or Poly 2 and would be content staying at either, I’d opt for VGF. Poly 2 is at least a year away and the pricing will likely be not as good as VGF currently. The incentives on VGF are very good right now and if it were my cup of tea I’d probably go for it. If it ends up being the same association you could just buy resale poly then. I’m more of a fan of poly so I’m holding out to see but if I didn’t care I’d go with VGF. Also no resale restrictions is a nice perk.

Edit: Nevermind, saw you’re only purchasing 50-75 in which case the incentives don’t really help you. The extra 20 dollars per point is worth it for you to see what happens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter