Current link to comptroller site to look up DVC deeds?

TheDISneyFamily

<marquee><font color=peach>°O° DIS Friendship Pixi
Hi! We recently closed on another DVC contract and I wanted to look up our new deed online. Does anyone have the current link to the comptroller site? Thanks!

They take a couple of months to update that site, so if it is a recent purchase, you probably will not see it.

They take a couple of months to update that site, so if it is a recent purchase, you probably will not see it.

Actually, the Orange County Comptroller site is updated on a very timely basis. OCC posts records every workday, and the records are verified usually within two or three workdays. In addition, Disney is getting records to OCC for filing usually within 7-10 days of closing. If someone were to buy today from Disney, I would expect the deed to be available on the OCC website within 14 to 21 days.

By comparison, the Hawaii Bureau of Conveyances does not update its website as timely as OCC. As of today (7/31/10), the HBC is only updated through 5/24/2010.

Actually, the Orange County Comptroller site is updated on a very timely basis. OCC posts records every workday, and the records are verified usually within two or three workdays. In addition, Disney is getting records to OCC for filing usually within 7-10 days of closing. If someone were to buy today from Disney, I would expect the deed to be available on the OCC website within 14 to 21 days.

Actually, I am speaking from my experience of buying 3 contracts and not seeing them on the website for over 2 months. And also, my experience for paying off 2 of those contracts and also not seeing them shown as paid for two months. I suppose my experiences were unique just to me then!!!

thanks for the link...there is some very interesting stuff on the site...

Very cool! I didn't realize this was on here. It is neat to see my name on Florida real estate. :)

I tease my DH that his name comes up with other women, and that he has some 'splainin' to do!;)

Ours just showed up relatively quickly. It must be not that long of a time before it shows b/c ours was filed on 8/4/10 and just showed up today, although it could have been sooner, I haven't checked in about 3 days.

In fact, the whole process itself was much faster than they told us. The deed was filed 2 weeks after we made our deposit (which included time to get the papers, fill them out, get them notarized, and send them back) I still can't believe how quick it all was!

I can't seem to find mine on there what is the best way to serch it i've tryed several ways with my name and disneys and have had no luck i purchased it back in May so it should show up fine

WOW! That was fast!

I closed and made my payment on 7/30/10 and my named is now recorded!

I can't seem to find mine on there what is the best way to serch it i've tryed several ways with my name and disneys and have had no luck i purchased it back in May so it should show up fine

When you get to the Orange County Comptroller's document search page, enter your name in the Grantee field with your surname first (you might not need your first name unless you have a fairly common surname). Enter Disney in the Grantor field. You can also enter a range of dates in the Recording Date fields. If you think your deed was recorded in May, then you might want to use the Start date a month or two before then.

Hope this helps. PM me if you still have difficulty locating your deed.

Actually, I am speaking from my experience of buying 3 contracts and not seeing them on the website for over 2 months. And also, my experience for paying off 2 of those contracts and also not seeing them shown as paid for two months. I suppose my experiences were unique just to me then!!!
Are you saying that your deeds did not show up for over two months after your closing date or two months from your purchase date? The deed won't be filed until you close and there have been times when it has taken a couple of months to close on purchases directly from Disney.

Hey all,

Does this Comptroller chap work weekends? I’m checking to see if my purchase has been recorded but if they don’t work on the weekend I’m probably wasting my time. Anybody know?

Hey all,

Does this Comptroller chap work weekends? I’m checking to see if my purchase has been recorded but if they don’t work on the weekend I’m probably wasting my time. Anybody know?
Most Deeds are e-recorded (definitely direct and a lot of title companies for resale) so in theory they can show up on the weekend if the title company is processing them. The comptroller if e-recording doesn't do anything. Also if your title company is using e-recording they should in theory be able to record your deed right after closing, though I know some title companies take their time in doing so.

Most Deeds are e-recorded (definitely direct and a lot of title companies for resale) so in theory they can show up on the weekend if the title company is processing them. The comptroller if e-recording doesn't do anything. Also if your title company is using e-recording they should in theory be able to record your deed right after closing, though I know some title companies take their time in doing so.

Thanks for that. My title company has told me that the purchase is closed and is now with the recording department. They go on to say that once the County completes the recording it’ll go to Disney for transfer. This was on Thursday, I was hoping it would be showing up on the Comptroller website by now but alas, nothing yet. Does anyone know how long this might take? If it’s all done electronically it baffles me why these things take so long!

Thanks for that. My title company has told me that the purchase is closed and is now with the recording department. They go on to say that once the County completes the recording it’ll go to Disney for transfer. This was on Thursday, I was hoping it would be showing up on the Comptroller website by now but alas, nothing yet. Does anyone know how long this might take? If it’s all done electronically it baffles me why these things take so long!
If it is with their recording department they might be delayed in submitting through e-recording or they simply don't do e-recording. You could ask if they do e-recording to see the timeline, if they do the hold up is 100% on them. I closed 3/15 and my deed was recorded 3/15, though that was California. A direct contract closed 1/4 and recorded 1/4 that was Florida. Both were done using e-recording. They either don't use e-recording or hope you don't know about e-recording thus blame their backlog/slow recording on the Comptroller.

If it is with their recording department they might be delayed in submitting through e-recording or they simply don't do e-recording. You could ask if they do e-recording to see the timeline, if they do the hold up is 100% on them. I closed 3/15 and my deed was recorded 3/15, though that was California. A direct contract closed 1/4 and recorded 1/4 that was Florida. Both were done using e-recording. They either don't use e-recording or hope you don't know about e-recording thus blame their backlog/slow recording on the Comptroller.

Well I know now! I’ll be onto it Monday morning. Which title company did you use, out of curiosity?

We closed on May 31, and our deed was recorded and posted online on June 4. I don’t think a lot gets done on the weekends.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!