Current incentive for doing DVC tour?

I don't see why not. They want you to buy DVC regardless of where you are currently staying.

I know someone who did the tour this week and all they got were 3 anytime fast passes and ice cream, no gc.

We did it back in September and got $50 each on a gc as well as the fast passes and ice cream. Came in handy for food and wine sampling! Our fast passes excluded Pandora, Minetrain, Frozen and I think Peter Pan.

When sis & I did this last year, we only got one $50 GC and 3 anytime FPs each, which expired within 3 days, I think. I'd do the tour again if we could get $100 each :)

Potential buyers, be aware of a new policy starting January 8, 2018 which mandates daily access to your room. Do your research. Either housekeeping or security Dept. will access your room every day. Disney will confirm this but won’t tell you about it before you stay unless you count the fine print in terms and conditions as proper disclosure. Some people don't care while others believe it an invasion of privacy. Just a heads up.

Potential buyers, be aware of a new policy starting January 8, 2018 which mandates daily access to your room. Do your research. Either housekeeping or security Dept. will access your room every day. Disney will confirm this but won’t tell you about it before you stay unless you count the fine print in terms and conditions as proper disclosure. Some people don't care while others believe it an invasion of privacy. Just a heads up.
Which is no different than any other Disney resort. Are you going to post that for every person asking anything about any Disney stay?

We did it last June--got 3 fps (w/exclusions--at the time it was pandora rides), a $50 gift card and an ice cram offer which I declined.

We were never a "potential buyer" when we listened to a short sales pitch and he knew were were not interested in buying. Still got the Fps and GC. We get military discounts (Thank you Disney), grew up in Fl and live an hour away. So, if you are just interested in the FP and GC (if still offered) , make an appointment thru the DVC desk at your resort and check it out.

As for "invasion of privacy" .. personally, I'm not worried.

We were never a "potential buyer" when we listened to a short sales pitch and he knew were were not interested in buying. Still got the Fps and GC. We get military discounts (Thank you Disney), grew up in Fl and live an hour away. So, if you are just interested in the FP and GC (if still offered) , make an appointment thru the DVC desk at your resort and check it out.

As for "invasion of privacy" .. personally, I'm not worried.

Was it not hard sell?
We've been approached before in various lobby's and politely declined & the sales people kept on going-even engaging 87 year old dmil....

We did it in February. It was not good for Pandora rides...I also think it wasn’t good for Seven Dwarves or Peter Pan (I’m almost certain but can’t remeber exactly for these two...I also think maybe Toy Story Mania was excluded). We were there maybe 75 minutes but we are actually interested in DVC so we asked a bunch of questions. As soon as we were done a car came and picked us up in front of Poly. They had a car seat for our toddler ready to go as well.

Also toured in February at Saratoga Springs and got 3 anytime FPs plus a $100 Disney gift card. The FPs excluded 6 rides - both Pandora, Seven Dwarves Mine Train, Peter Pan, Toy Story Mania, and Frozen.

Was it not hard sell?
We've been approached before in various lobby's and politely declined & the sales people kept on going-even engaging 87 year old dmil....
From our experience, no hard sell. Period. And no follow up phone calls. Period. I do agree that if considering DVC, one should check out the Purchasing DVC thread on the dis.

From our experience, no hard sell. Period. And no follow up phone calls. Period. I do agree that if considering DVC, one should check out the Purchasing DVC thread on the dis.

That sounds better than the initial approaches we've encountered.

It can be a harder sell. The key thing to know is any "special offer!!!!" they hype at you? Can be gotten next week, and often next month. There are a few used car salespeople who will make it sound otherwise.

So ... you're saying to wait to schedule once you are on property and at your resort instead of hitting the button to 'Find Out More Info' and schedule before arrival? I will spend the time for the FP and the GC, but not just the FP.

Even better than no hard sell, they help you cancel your purchase if you feel you need to when they do a follow-up call a few days after you sign it. There was no pressure whatsoever in terms of cancelling, either.

HI! Just curious to know if anyone knows if DVC is still doing incentives to go on the tour? We'll be there in 3 weeks and I'm just wondering:

1. If they are still offering incentives.
2. The best way to schedule a tour
3. How far in advance should I schedule (we're going in 3 weeks)
4. If they'll let me know up front what incentives we'll get or if it's something I'll need to ask about prior and negotiate.

Thanks for any details!

I don't know if there are any incentives currently but they will tell you up front. We scheduled ours about 2 weeks ahead because we happened to be in Disney at the Boardwalk. We scheduled ours at the DVC center at the Boardwalk and did our tour at Saratoga Springs.

I don't know if there are any incentives currently but they will tell you up front. We scheduled ours about 2 weeks ahead because we happened to be in Disney at the Boardwalk. We scheduled ours at the DVC center at the Boardwalk and did our tour at Saratoga Springs.

Thank you, jpeterson!

Thanks y'all! I'm referring to the basic incentives one might get for simply going on the DVC tour itself (fast passes, etc.). Someone wrote up a blog post saying you can negotiate incentives which I thought interesting. For example: some folks got 3 fast passes, $50 and ice cream. Others mentioned getting just 3 fast passes for taking the tour

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter