Cups with lids.

SheilaHeartsDisney

Yay Me!!!!!!!!!!!!
I feel stupid for asking this but I just can't remember. Do the sit down restaurants have cups with lids for toddlers?? When we went last year we brought our own cups since that's all they would drink from but now they love a cup with a straw and lid. It would be nice to not have to bring their cups everywhere. Thanks!!

if I remember correctly no lids at AK also no straws there includes sippy cups where straws come out of the lids including juice boxes

if I remember correctly no lids at AK also no straws there includes sippy cups where straws come out of the lids including juice boxes

I thought sippy cups with straws were ok at AK. Where did you hear differently?

Also, there are straws at AK, but they are paper.

Last edited:
The cups with the straws attached are fine Disney even sells them in the park. It is any thing, lid or straw that you can throw away that are forbidden because of the risk to the animals

We just got back last week. We did a TS every day and at each park. Every restaurant gave my kids cups with lids & straws, including Tusker House at Animal Kingdom.

We just got back last week. We did a TS every day and at each park. Every restaurant gave my kids cups with lids & straws, including Tusker House at Animal Kingdom.
so long as you do not leave Tusker House with the drink. I have seen security take straws from juice boxes and throw away sippy cups at AK bag check. counter serves do not give lids at AK.

so long as you do not leave Tusker House with the drink. I have seen security take straws from juice boxes and throw away sippy cups at AK bag check. counter serves do not give lids at AK.

So at AK security as you go through the line, they rip off the straws from juice boxes?

What I don't understand is, how are plastic straws bad, but the plastic forks or ketchup packets are ok?

So at AK security as you go through the line, they rip off the straws from juice boxes?

What I don't understand is, how are plastic straws bad, but the plastic forks or ketchup packets are ok?
you are told to remove and throw straw away or the throw the whole juice box it was your choice. have also seen family asked to throw straw from sippy cup that could be removed from lid

I did not carry cups for my kids and every place they ate, they gave cups with lids and straws. In AK, they were a hard cardboard type straw.

More likely to blow around maybe? And more likely to end up in the nose of an animal. I've seen plenty of videos of rescue groups pulling straws out of the noses of various creatures.

Are kid scissors allow into a park? I'm just thinking if we leave the straws behind, we can cut a corner of the juice pouch and get a straw from CS.

Are kid scissors allow into a park? I'm just thinking if we leave the straws behind, we can cut a corner of the juice pouch and get a straw from CS.
make sure you try on a juice pouch at home before you head to Disney to make sure the scissors will cut the pouch. and remember the straws at CS at AK will be paper not plastic

make sure you try on a juice pouch at home before you head to Disney to make sure the scissors will cut the pouch. and remember the straws at CS at AK will be paper not plastic

We were planning on bring cans of soda and juice boxes/pouches...One yr old will use a sippy cup (the spout type), but I don't think the 5 yr old will want to use a sippy cup. Other thought is, back in the room, pour juice into empty water bottle and bring that into the park.

Usually they have a plastic cup with lid. I've seen them at almost every TS.

PP is right AK does not allow straws or plastic lids. If you have the time my nephew has this cool sippy cup top that goes onto any cup. He was using it at dinner the other night and I thought it was fantastic. He loves regular cups but still spills all over himself. He has the boon snug spout but there boon snug straw where you can put the paper straws in it at AK. It fits most cups up to 3.75".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!