CSR- Which room to request?

stoudt6

Mouseketeer
We are arriving Thanksgiving day. My question to all the CSR Veterens is what Room would you reccomend. I prefer the shortest walk to a Bus stop .Also which are closest to the Pool and food/shopping areas . thanks in advance!

We liked Cabanas bldg 8a... our room was great- a corner room #8140........ we loved how it was literally just steps to that incredible pool and a very close walk to bus stop 4. Then over the bridge to El Centro-- (although was about 5 min to el centro, that was not a big issue with us because it was so close to pool and buses). We loved CSR!! and i am used to deluxe resorts....... alot of folks also recomend cabana 9a which is closest cabana to El Centro, but not as close to the pool.

Enjoy!

We loved our room is Casitas 4. We had a great King room on the 3rd floor with a great view of the lake. Wonderful! We were in close proximity to the pool, bus stop, and food court. I have also heard Cabanas have good locations close to a bus stop as well. Each section has their own bus stop, it's just a matter of how far your particular building is from the stop. :)

I stayed at CSR in June. Personally, I think you should request a parking lot view room. There is a lot of walking in this resort. If you think you'll be going to the parking lot to catch the bus more than you'll be going to the pool, I would definitely recommend this. Also, when catching the bus you're usually in more of a hurry and going to the pool is more leisurely. So I'd rather be close to the parking lot. Since these rooms have no balconies I was never very concerned with the "view". Once we were in our room we were too exhausted to worry about a view. When I stay there next it will be parking lot for me.

Taken from allearsnet.com - I am going to use this to determine where to stay - and not to stay......

Coronado Springs resort is very large and spread out. There is no one section that is convenient to everything. You will find Bell Services Staff, driving around the resort in their carts, very willing to give you a ride to most places you'd like to visit on the grounds. While the walks are most pleasant, it is a distance to get to and from some areas of the resort.

As you read the Building numbers and locations below, picture a large, almost circular lake. Beginning at 6 o'clock is Casitas Building 1, followed by Building 2 and so on as you walk clockwise around the lake. Completing the circle is Cabanas Building 9B at 5 o'clock.

Casitas 1 is directly over the convention center and closest to Pepper Market, Maya Grill, the Main Bus Stop and the Front Desk. The Health Club and Beauty Salon are located between Casitas 2/3 and Casitas 4. Casitas 3 and 4 are closest to the Casitas Quiet Pool (and Guest Laundry). Casitas 4 is nearest the Casitas Bus Stop (Bus Stop 2). Casitas 5 is the furthest of the Casitas from the Main Building but closest to the Dig Site.

Ranchos 7A and 7B are the closest to the Dig Site. The Ranchos share a bus stop with the Cabanas (7A being the closest Ranchos building to Bus Stop 3). Ranchos 6A and B are the furthest buildings out and probably the quietest.

The Cabanas Building 8A is close to both the Cabanas Bus Stop (Bus Stop 4) and the Dig Site. Cabanas 9B is closest to Main Building (El Centro, which houses Pepper Market, etc.), the Marina, and is just a short walk from Bus Stop 1. Cabanas 9A is closest to the Quiet Pool (and Guest Laundry).

A stroll around Lago Dorado, clocking distances with a basic pedometer measured the perimeter to be about 1.1 miles. Other distances measured:

From El Centro moving clockwise around the lake to:
Casitas 3 = .16 miles
Casitas 4 = .24 miles
Casitas 5 = .27 miles
Ranchos = .46 miles

From El Centro to the Dig Site, via the bridge near the Cabanas = .35 miles

From El Centro moving counterclockwise around the lake to:
Cabanas 9B = .16 miles
Cabanas 9A/8B = .22 miles
Cabanas 8A = .31 miles

What rooms would you suggest as more romantic for our anniversary trip??

Thanks for the suggestions.

I will bump this "romantic" question since I will be there in leass than 10 days for my 15 yr anniversary. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I thought the Cabana water views were quite pretty and serene.. would meet your ideal for a romantic view... we could see hammocks and the beautiful lake.......

We found our room in Cabanas 8b last April to be very romantic. First floor king with a great view of El Centro & the Casitas--beautiful, especially at night. It was a very quiet, centrally located building with a nice quiet pool close by and hammocks to relax in every evening. We just returned from another stay at CSR--this time in Ranchos 6b. It was also a very nice, quiet king room with a quiet pool just steps away. Very close to the beautiful main pool area, as well. CSR has become a favorite of ours!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter