cs great / fastpass a joke

becky1960

DIS Veteran
We just came back from 5 days of magic. Coranado Springs was great, more than I expected and I think, I can give a good view of Disney Resorts after 30 years of going there. The food court was pretty good and I know a lot of people do not like the gratuity but at least you get a table.

We went to Epcot and test track before 11am and was gave a fastpass for 6pm-7pm. Now, I find that a little unreasonable.

We stayed in cabanas 9b and saw a alligator in the small back pond our last day and it was about 6-8ft long. We notifed security but he was not concerned. "This is florida you know, we remove them after they get 3-4 ft." We then went to checkout and told them how big it was and saw it go up onto the bank in the bushes and the got quite excited and called wildlife management.

I would recomend CS to everyone and I have been to just about all of them.

The return time on FPs is calculated on how many people have gotten one that day. Only a certain number of people can share each return window, so the faster the go, the longer the return time.

YUP! that fastpas for test track goes fast. We have found it easier to us the single rider line on this one attraction.

But, you have got to admit that fastpass on the rest of the attractions works great!

becky, do you really feel that fastpass is a joke? :confused:

We had the same experience at Test Track - it's a very popular ride. We got their 10 minutes before park opening one day and the stand-by line was already 90 minutes long and the fastpass distribution time was already at 2:00pm. But, overall, I feel that the fastpass system is one of the greatest things that Disney has created. It really helps us save a lot of time.

Beth

Test track is one of the most popular rides at WDW. We get to Epcot before it opens and then Bee line it over to TT when they let us in. That way you get on it without much wait and then as you come off the ride, grab a fast pass so that you can ride it again in about an hour. If you wait any later than that then FP times and the standby line get out of hand.

P.S. Sorry, Moderators, if I'm pushing the limit here as I know this is the "Resorts" board. :D

When I went to try and get a fast pass at 10 am it was already gone for the day. the best way to ride that ride, a single rider line. we rode it 3 times in about an hr. the great thing about that is you get to meet alot of people too.:)

When I went on TT in April, for the first time, we got fastpasses around 11 am and we only had to wait an hour before we could use them...of course, Epcot was not at all busy that day so I am sure that had a lot to do with it!! :)

Glad you enjoyed your stay at CS...Welcome back! :)

We always ride TT after Illuminations and have never had a problem. As soon as we see the last fireworks, we beeline it over there and get on in as little as 10 minutes......they have held it open every time we have been there....try that next time.

I agree with you about the TT fastpasses. Unless you get to Epcot around 9AM, they are either all gone or you have to wait until 7-8 to ride. I'm sure it's because it's the only "big" ride at Epcot that you actually need a fastpass to get on. So everyone coming to the park gets one. It may get better after Mission Space opens.

It's popular and goes fast but it also depends a lot on the time of year you go.

We were there in December and it was a nice day too. We got there early afternoon and picked up Fastpass for TT and only had to wait an hour or two at the most. So we ate and walked around while we waited. It wasn't bad at all.

But I'm sure it's much worse in the summer and holidays.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter