Cruises from NYC to Disney World - Fast Pass +

Do you know if you could use them in different parks?
Yes you could, We were able to get so much out of our one day. We were on a 7:30am bus, We did all 4 parks. MK- Carousel, Small World, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train with FP #1, Haunted Mansion, Hubby did Pirates while the ladies sat and enjoyed a dole whip and Mickey pretzel. Then on to park 2- Epcot where we rode Spaceship Earth, Soarin with FP#2, Frozen with FP #3 ate lunch from food and wine festival booths and shopped in Japan, next park was Hollywood studios where we rode Toy story and the kids and hubby did Star Tours. Last was Animal Kingdom where we rode the safari at dusk with no wait then hung out and watched the performers in Africa before catching a bus back to the ship, I think about 7:30. We went back to the ship and had dinner up at the buffet which was open most of the evening for those coming in from touring the parks. (I think we ate dinner about 9).

Yes you could, We were able to get so much out of our one day. We were on a 7:30am bus, We did all 4 parks. MK- Carousel, Small World, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train with FP #1, Haunted Mansion, Hubby did Pirates while the ladies sat and enjoyed a dole whip and Mickey pretzel. Then on to park 2- Epcot where we rode Spaceship Earth, Soarin with FP#2, Frozen with FP #3 ate lunch from food and wine festival booths and shopped in Japan, next park was Hollywood studios where we rode Toy story and the kids and hubby did Star Tours. Last was Animal Kingdom where we rode the safari at dusk with no wait then hung out and watched the performers in Africa before catching a bus back to the ship, I think about 7:30. We went back to the ship and had dinner up at the buffet which was open most of the evening for those coming in from touring the parks. (I think we ate dinner about 9).

Sounds like an awesome day!

Ok so let me see if I understand. I get that we each get 3 FP. But we can "re-use" them at different parks? If we each use all 3 at MK, we can each use all 3 again at Hollywood Studios?

Ok so let me see if I understand. I get that we each get 3 FP. But we can "re-use" them at different parks? If we each use all 3 at MK, we can each use all 3 again at Hollywood Studios?
No you only get three but they can be used at any park

I was under the impression that as soon as you used one of the fastpasses you were able to get another one, not the case?

I believe the way it works is after you use your 3rd one (or the time window has passed for your 3rd FP), you can get a 4th. Then after you use that (or the time window has passed for it) you can get a 5th, and so on.

Still don't have a definitive answer on this, I read elsewhere that you can get another fastpass as soon as you use the first one but it won't be one of the use anytime passes like the first three you get.

Still don't have a definitive answer on this, I read elsewhere that you can get another fastpass as soon as you use the first one but it won't be one of the use anytime passes like the first three you get.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think there is anything like what you've mentioned.

As far as I understand for these cruises that stop at Port Canaveral, everyone is given 3 anytime/anywhere fast passes and that's it. I've heard some people mention the possibility of getting more if you link them to an Annual Pass or something. I don't know how or why Disney would just give you another FP once you've used one. As a PP mentioned, someone who has an actual park ticket (I.e. Not a ticket from the cruise) can get a 4th FP once they've used their first three (and then a 5th, 6th, etc) but I doubt that is a possibility with these anytime FP since they aren't really linked to MDE.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think there is anything like what you've mentioned.

As far as I understand for these cruises that stop at Port Canaveral, everyone is given 3 anytime/anywhere fast passes and that's it. I've heard some people mention the possibility of getting more if you link them to an Annual Pass or something. I don't know how or why Disney would just give you another FP once you've used one. As a PP mentioned, someone who has an actual park ticket (I.e. Not a ticket from the cruise) can get a 4th FP once they've used their first three (and then a 5th, 6th, etc) but I doubt that is a possibility with these anytime FP since they aren't really linked to MDE.

See, that's what I mean, this is crazy, I know people have done it yet can't find a definite answer anywhere. All those trip reports mention the fastpasses but they explain how it works exactly. And I've been to WDW many times so I know fastpasses inside and out, so when I read the ones from the ship are different, trying to find out the details.

The ones from the ship aren't as different as people make them out to be. I was on one of these cruises last year... Basically, you get given a one-day hopper, same old ticket that you would get at the parks themselves. The same rules apply, including for FastPasses. You can link it to the MDE app or visit a kiosk and make your 3 reservations, then add subsequent ones once they've been used.

The ONLY difference is the DCL tickets also get 3 VIP FastPasses loaded, that simply allow you to join the queue of any 3 FastPass attractions without having to reserve in advance. They can be used at more than one park, but you only get the total of 3 for the entire day. All you do is tap your card at the FP+ entrance of whatever attraction you wish and you're then good to join the queue. Like I said - once you use your 3, you DO NOT get more.

In short:
- FastPass+ can be used like with a normal ticket, can add more once you have used your current ones.
- Pre-loaded VIP/anytime FastPasses are limited to a total of 3 for the whole day.

I recall this talk about Annual Passes coming up in the social media group for my cruise. I recall people weren't sure beforehand if the tickets we would receive could be linked to MDE and were going to use their Annual Pass tickets to be able to reserve additional FastPasses just in case.

Do you know what the earliest bus time was to Disney world? Was 7:30am the earliest option or was there a 6:30? Trying to figure out what breakfast time to book when I hit the 180 day mark.

Do you know what the earliest bus time was to Disney world? Was 7:30am the earliest option or was there a 6:30? Trying to figure out what breakfast time to book when I hit the 180 day mark.

I would just eat breakfast on the ship and eat lunch and dinner in the parks.
DCL will have breakfast open early more than enough time to eat than go back to your room to do what you have to do and still have plently of enough time to get on the first buses to wdw.

The "regular" fast passes you get (once at the parks) you get as you use them. You can only hold 3 FPs at a time, from what I know. You can pull a 4th one once you use the first one, or the first one's window has past.

The FP+ (which is what you get with the park hopper ticket through DCL), you can't pull a 4th FP until you use all 3 of them.

The "regular" fast passes you get (once at the parks) you get as you use them. You can only hold 3 FPs at a time, from what I know. You can pull a 4th one once you use the first one, or the first one's window has past.

The FP+ (which is what you get with the park hopper ticket through DCL), you can't pull a 4th FP until you use all 3 of them.

You're usually right on the money Shmoo, but this time I need to offer a correction. These days "regular" FPs and FP+ are the same thing, FP+ was simply the new name introduced when MagicBands and My Disney Experience was launched, so FP+ isn't anything special tied to the DCL ticket. You're correct with the first explanation about only being able to do 3 FP+ reservations, and then another one once they have been used.

What the DCL ticket gives you is three "VIP" FastPasses, meaning you can cut the line at any attraction without a reservation, but these are strictly limited to 3 for the entire day. There's no extras once they have been used (I explained it a bit better in reply to Neptune's post above).

You're usually right on the money Shmoo, but this time I need to offer a correction. These days "regular" FPs and FP+ are the same thing, FP+ was simply the new name introduced when MagicBands and My Disney Experience was launched, so FP+ isn't anything special tied to the DCL ticket. You're correct with the first explanation about only being able to do 3 FP+ reservations, and then another one once they have been used.

What the DCL ticket gives you is three "VIP" FastPasses, meaning you can cut the line at any attraction without a reservation, but these are strictly limited to 3 for the entire day. There's no extras once they have been used (I explained it a bit better in reply to Neptune's post above).
Thanks. I've only recently had to do FP+ reservations (for the first time) and I'm still learning about that. Just for confirmation, it's correct that I can't pull another FP once at WDW until I've used the 3 FP+ I've already booked?

Correct, with FP+ you can book 3 in advance. You must either use those 3 or allow them to expire before you can schedule a 4th. Once you use the 4th, you may book a 5th, etc. Of course, depending on availability. That's with regular tickets. I believe the special fastpasses given to DCL guests are handled a little differently because they can't be pre-scheduled.

Enjoy your vacation!

Correct, with FP+ you can book 3 in advance. You must either use those 3 or allow them to expire before you can schedule a 4th. Once you use the 4th, you may book a 5th, etc. Of course, depending on availability. That's with regular tickets. I believe the special fastpasses given to DCL guests are handled a little differently because they can't be pre-scheduled.

Enjoy your vacation!
So anyone who books, say, Illuminations as one of the FP+ choices is out of luck in pulling any more FPs once at EPCOT? Since that doesn't happen until nighttime, chances are there won't be any FPs being issued for the remainder of the night.

Yep. Saving the FP+ for nighttime may essentially negate opportunity for additional fastpasses. It makes one stop to think about how important is that Illuminations...?

Yep. Saving the FP+ for nighttime may essentially negate opportunity for additional fastpasses. It makes one stop to think about how important is that Illuminations...?
So, if you only pre-book, say, 2 FP+ and then, once there, pull one for Illuminations, you should be able to pull a 4th one once you've used the second? (boy was that confusing!).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter