Cruises from NYC to Disney World - Fast Pass +

I believe it would be like the DCL transfers - under 3 doesn't have to pay. The theory being that they will be a "lap baby", and not take up a seat.

Yes, this is right. Last year our younger DS was 8 months old and we did not need to officially book him a seat because he is considered on lap. Same this year now that he is 20 months.

I'm just wondering if 7:15 am is the earliest slot that can be selected? I booked my November cruise late (just a couple of days ago) and there are a couple of parks with 7:15 slots still available, but I just assumed that there had been some earlier ones previously that I just couldn't see because they were already taken.

I really want to go to Epcot first, but our WDW day is Thanksgiving day, so Epcot has EMH that we can't use as cruise guests, and leaving at 7:15 will probably get us to the park by about 8:30. Fine for a normal 9:00 open time, but not so good when the EMH started at 8:00. Not sure if I'd be better off trying to get to Magic Kingdom or Hollywood Studios truly at rope drop time and try to get in a couple of rides at one of those parks before going to Epcot later in the day, saving my Cruise FP s for 3 rides at Epcot? I probably wouldn't be too successful making good time in MK or HS without being able to use the FP there, though, knowing that I need to save them for Epcot.

I'm just wondering if 7:15 am is the earliest slot that can be selected? I booked my November cruise late (just a couple of days ago) and there are a couple of parks with 7:15 slots still available, but I just assumed that there had been some earlier ones previously that I just couldn't see because they were already taken.

I really want to go to Epcot first, but our WDW day is Thanksgiving day, so Epcot has EMH that we can't use as cruise guests, and leaving at 7:15 will probably get us to the park by about 8:30. Fine for a normal 9:00 open time, but not so good when the EMH started at 8:00. Not sure if I'd be better off trying to get to Magic Kingdom or Hollywood Studios truly at rope drop time and try to get in a couple of rides at one of those parks before going to Epcot later in the day, saving my Cruise FP s for 3 rides at Epcot? I probably wouldn't be too successful making good time in MK or HS without being able to use the FP there, though, knowing that I need to save them for Epcot.

We're not doing this itin til 2018, so just following along at this point, but that would be my plan too. I like to avoid EMH in general. We're going to try and book the earliest bus and attempt to RD at our first park then use our FP+s later at another park. Makes sense to me! Have fun!

We plan on EPCOT first and doing Soarin (for me) and Nemo and then the Frozen ride (with FP) and then head over to MK for the rest of the day. Our 2 year old granddaughter would love Frozen and the rides in Fantasyland. This will be a very different experience than our normal WDW visit! Can't wait. World Showcase won't open until 11:00, right? So the Frozen ride won't open until then?

MJ

7:15 is the earliest slot that was a available on our sailing (10/6).

We plan on EPCOT first and doing Soarin (for me) and Nemo and then the Frozen ride (with FP) and then head over to MK for the rest of the day. Our 2 year old granddaughter would love Frozen and the rides in Fantasyland. This will be a very different experience than our normal WDW visit! Can't wait. World Showcase won't open until 11:00, right? So the Frozen ride won't open until then?

MJ

We're going to do that w/HS in between. Just keep in mind (although you probably already know), it's quite a hike from Future World to Norway. We did that last year (RD Soarin' then after an hr or two, lunch when World Showcase opened, then a FP+ for Frozen). Then walked back to the boat. It made for a very tiring half day. lol But what might have compounded problems for us is that Frozen broke down (frequently does), so even with the FP+, we had a ridiculous wait. But can't wait, it will be so awesome!

I am on the 10/14 sailing from NY that stops at WDW. Yes, you need to book your morning bus from the port to a park of your choice. For example, we booked the earliest bus to AK. Fellow cruisers who have booked their bus to AK are on later buses as the 7:15 time slot is no longer avail and probably full. The person I know of is on an 8:30 bus.

Is this what you meant about being on a later bus?

Yes thx! Someone from the sailing I am looking at graciously checked the avail times. Seems plenty of early ones still available.

MJ

I believe that while most of the World Showcase does open at 11:00, Frozen opens as soon as the park does, at least for now.

MJ

i don't know what it will be when you cruise, but right now the frozen ride in norway opens at 9 AM as does the meet and greet with anna and elsa.

while we had a fastpass for Frozen, there is no FP for anna and elsa, so the only way to see them is to stand in line - which meant rope drop for us.
there is no way i'm willing to wait an hour to meet any character.

So we raced from rope drop - along with a lot of other people - through epcot to norway. Which is a very long walk to do all at once.

most of the people walking/racing over were headed for FEA. Only two other families were headed to A&E.

since it was just the three families, we got in right away.
then we headed to frozen where we went in standby. Still not much of a wait at that point. Then for the second ride we used our fastpass. So two rides in a row. Very nice.

Just in case you haven't done it yet, the line to meet Ana and Elsa in Norway is not long at all without a FP+ (due to some Disney magic pixiedust:). We waited over 45 min for FEA *with a FP+* and afterwards went right to meet A&E with prob a 10 min wait (heighth of day, no FP+). It is nothing like meeting them when they were in the MK. Very easy, just for those of you who haven't done it yet.

Good News!!!! Just got an email that Pandora is included in the 3 anytime Fastpasses

We are excited about your upcoming sailing aboard the Disney Magic and want to share an important update about your 1-day Walt Disney World® Resort ticket with Park Hopper® option.

You will utilize your shipboard Key to the World Card as your ticket into the Theme Parks for the day. Three FastPass+ selections will automatically be included as part of your admission that can be used at any attraction including Avatar Flight of Passage and Na'vi River Journey in Pandora - The World of Avatar at Disney's Animal Kingdom. You do not need to make FastPass+ selections in advance. Please also note that your Disney Cruise Line Key to the World Card cannot be used for charging privileges at the Walt Disney World Resort. You will need to bring a credit-card or cash for all in-park purchases.

If you have not done so, please visit the Disney Cruise Line website to sign up for a complimentary transportation ticket from our cruise terminal in Port Canaveral to the Walt Disney World Resort or a Port Canaveral Port Adventure. We understand that not all of our Guests are interested in visiting the resort or booking a Port Adventure, but want to make sure that if you are planning to go to the resort that you have the opportunity to select your departure time and Theme Park to start your day.

Complimentary motorcoach transportation will be provided from Port Canaveral at select times beginning as early as 7:30 a.m. Return transportation will be available throughout the afternoon and up until just before regular park closing time. Travel to Walt Disney World will take approximately 90 minutes so be sure to plan your first activity no earlier than two hours from your bus departure time.

Also, please keep in mind that many Disney table-service restaurants are quite popular and can book very quickly. Dining reservations can be made up to 180 days in advance online at www.disneyworld.disney.go.com/reservations/dining/ or by calling (407) WDW-DINE or (407) 939-3463. Of course, there are also plenty of counter-service options to fit every taste throughout each of the four parks.

For additional information about the Walt Disney World Resort, please Click here

We look forward to welcoming you onboard in the near future!

Sincerely,

The Cast and Crew
Disney Cruise Line

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter