Cruises from NYC to Disney World - Fast Pass +

Sounds like a long, tiring day......
Totally agree. I could see spending a few hours at Epcot, food and wine, test track and then back to the ship. My kids are 11 and 13 and Im pretty much retired from theme parks. Thankfully my kids would choose a cruise over wdw hands down.

I just looked up park hours for the day we will be there on our cruise (10/19) and MK closes at 8 with extra magic hours til 10, which I am assuming we will not be able to attend. Epcot closes at 9, DHS at 7, and AK at 5!

I'm guessing these hours will change, especially if they are supposed to have nighttime entertainment at AK and DHS?

Frankly, I am dreading this day, as it seems long and stressful. If it wasn't for DS, we would totally skip it I think, particularly since I'm not really a fan of the direction in which WDW is headed (less for more).
I'm thinking that they will let the cruise passengers take advantage of extra magic hours. After all, we are staying on property ;)

Update from DCL!

"As part of your sailing, a 1-day Walt Disney World® Resort ticket with Park Hopper® option is included and will be delivered to your stateroom the evening prior to our arrival in Port Canaveral. This ticket will include three FastPass+ selections that can be used at any attraction of your choosing. You do not need to make FastPass+ selections in advance."

So...looks like you might be able to use your three fastpasses in different parks, if you so desire.

Thanks so much for posting! I will be on the sailing from NYC Sailing 10/22 -10/29, and was wondering about this. I called Disney Cruise but never really received a firm answer on fast pass, this sounds great! We plan to hit Hollywood Studios first to ride Tower of Terror, head over to Epcot, then dinner at Cinderella's Castle:)

Thanks so much for posting! I will be on the sailing from NYC Sailing 10/22 -10/29, and was wondering about this. I called Disney Cruise but never really received a firm answer on fast pass, this sounds great! We plan to hit Hollywood Studios first to ride Tower of Terror, head over to Epcot, then dinner at Cinderella's Castle:)

I like your plan! We plan to do Epcot in the morning, using one fastpass for Frozen Ever After, then head to Magic Kingdom at night to use the two others. I am sailing 10/7-10/15, so I will report back on logistics.

My original plan was to head to Epcot first then MK just like you MGD2007, but my daughter has never been on the Tower of Terror (last visits to Disney were ages 4 and 5 and she didn't like the idea of the ride, and she is now 7 so she's looking forward to trying it)...so we're hoping to fast pass the Tower, the new Frozen ride/visit a couple of countries then off to MK. not sure of the probability of obtaining a pass for the Frozen ride, but I'm hopeful:-) I was able to secure a dinner res at the castle on the 180 day mark after several attempts that day, so maybe I'll get lucky with Frozen too!

not sure of the probability of obtaining a pass for the Frozen ride, but I'm hopeful:-) I was able to secure a dinner res at the castle on the 180 day mark after several attempts that day, so maybe I'll get lucky with Frozen too!

From what I understand, it the FP we get will work like a Dream FP. Meaning we can chose any ride up to 3 and get an automatic FP. Since we won't get our ticket to the parks until the night before, Disney must realize that securing a FP that late in the game and what limited time we have in the parks, we would need this. So yes, if you choose the Frozen ride as one of your FP..then you will ride. (unless the ride is not operating)

Don't forget Food and Wine is going on at EPCOT. My husband and I plan on doing just EPCOT for the day. I want to go on the new Soarin', the Frozen ride and do some F&W. We were there last October and didn't get to try a few things thanks to friends that wanted to eat at Villa Napoli lol. Pizza during F&W... I don't get it.

Since Disney is giving you three fast pass plus selections of your choice due to the fact that you won't have your actual tickets until the evening before you go to WDW I have to wonder if these will be some sort of a paper fast pass that is not connect to your actual one day hopper? I ask because if they are paper fast pass plus that are not attached to your actual one day hopper couldn't you just use your phone once you have the actual tickets in hand and book three more fast pass plus to utilize that day? I realize your options would be far more limited than if you booked these yourself 60 days out, but you would have a jump on anyone booking that day in the parks or over those that used up their fast passes for the day and are trying to obtain more fast passes that day. In addition, you won't have to worry about booking tiers on the fast passes issued by Disney on the ship. You could greatly use this to your advantage while in Epcot or the Studios. To my way of thinking if you book three FP attached to your tickets, and use the three given to you on the ship this makes having only one long day at the parks a little better, because you would at least start out your day knowing you could experience at least six attractions...Maybe more if you book your FP connected to the hopper on your phone early in the day and then try for another few in the park.

I was told that we would have a park hopper for each guest left in our stateroom and attached to it would be 3 fast passes for any rides we chose to ride in any of the parks. This was earlier this week by phone. You also have to pre-book your bus ride to the park you wish to go to first and what time you want to leave from Port Canaveral to WDW.

Yes--there is no booking of fastpasses. We will have a special pass. Like Jedi---You WILL let me ride this attraction ;) (up to three attractions--even the Force has its limits).

In reply to macprincess...I was also hoping this would work but it's sounding like our fast passes will be loaded on our hoppers which actually may be on our key to the world cards so I'm thinking this is unlikely. :(

Last edited:
just curious what time is the latest time you are allowed back to the ship? I can see why you booked the hotel too, it is expensive but it would be the only way to make the day somewhat relaxing

just curious what time is the latest time you are allowed back to the ship? I can see why you booked the hotel too, it is expensive but it would be the only way to make the day somewhat relaxing

They haven't been very forthcoming with the return time info. I know that there will be a number of return shuttles throughout the day--but I don't think they've said what the latest return time will be. The Magic Kingdom has EMH until 12am that night, but I'm guessing last bus would be 11pm? An hour to get back to the boat?

I have a feeling that MK is going to be crazy crowded that evening, as it's one of the few nights without a Halloween Party and the other parks are scheduled to close much earlier. I will be packing extra patience!

Can anyone who went on one of the New York Cruises last year confirm the following:

Do you get actual tickets to Disney World or are they uploaded on your Key to the World Card?
Are the fast passes paper passes or attached to your tickets (or KTTW)?
Can you book additional fast passes or are you relegated to your three?
Can you participate in Extra Magic Hours (what time does the last bus leave?

We are sailing out of NY in October of 2017.

Thank you!!!

We were on one of the NYC cruises last year that went to Disney (All 4 parks!!)
The night before they deliver actual tickets and your fast passes are loaded on them
You can load additional passes after you use the three.
As far as magic hours I'm not sure, we were scheduled on the earliest time but the line to get off the ship
was crazy long so by the time we got to the parks they were open. I'm not sure about the last bus back to the ship.
Have Fun!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter