Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that’s the case, then frozen show, Disney jr show, Indiana Jones show, little mermaid show, & beauty & the beast show will also be cancelled. I’m thinking it’s also b/c they don’t want the transportation headache of parking closing crowds after a show.

I also think that those will be closed for the same reason, safety of the actors.

We were clued into the possibility they’d be closed recently with FP availability for late July/August (maybe just August?) but I can’t remember which fast moving thread it was discussed in, probably the FP thread.

Are folks thinking they will cancel Epcot Food and Wine? I would really hope not.
I think that July .. and even August/September is still a LONG way away. A LOT of data (including a recent report from the CDC) is showing this virus has a really really low infection mortality rate .. and as more people get out there .. the economy will pick up and people will feel safer going out there. SO maybe by July, places like Disney will feel like they don't need as many restrictions in place and things will be more normal by the fall.

OR .. it could go the opposite way and have a huge second wave and the governments shut everything down again in panic mode. :(.

Sad. My family grew up going there and Geauga Lake. Had a feeling it wouldn’t open, it’s seen better days, but still sad to see a piece of home throwing in the towel for the year.
Ya it’s unfortunate. It’s a pretty neat old park and Blue Streak is fairly notable. One of Ed Vettel’s last two standing coasters, and it still packs quite the punch. One of the most unique parks in the US.

In the end, we didn’t cancel because of all the cutbacks, but I can understand doing so. I expected major reductions, but they gutted the parks. There’s not much left besides just rides and some of them may end up not being open. It’s almost like they are opening because they felt forced to, but are going to do little more than open the gates for 8 hrs a day. It makes me wonder, if they think it’s that unsafe, why not wait?

I've been consistent from the start - if Disney re-opens, go all-out and do it. No masks mandates, no huge restrictions. Social distance the best you can by using park attendance and resort caps. But in the end, leave it up to the individual person/family as to whether they think going to WDW is suitable or not. If it is, great. If not, say, "We'll be here when you are ready". That's really all there is that needed to be done. You can't make a theme park or vacation spot a "safe space". Its made for masses of people to visit all at once....its part of the experience and the atmosphere.

Many people really haven't thought this through a lot of about just how ridiculously bare-bones WDW is going to be with the stated proposals and restrictions. And on top of it, every soul is forced to wear a mask like they are all patients at a hospital. And this is supposed to be a vacation to make people happy?

I'd personally be OK with some of the reductions and restrictions if the mask mandate didn't exist. And I think many others would be to. To not be able to see your own children smile at "The Happiest Place on Earth" is kind of ironic, huh?

This is a big deal for me, too.

My daughter just turned 6. Loves everything Disney. Would do just about anything to go to WDW, and I'd love to take her. And if I did take her now, she wouldn't get near the experience for full price, and I can't even see her smile.

WDW is going to have an issue on their hands with regards to the mask mandate if it goes on for an extended period of time. Forget the heat part of it...just the vacation part of it. A photo album full of mask-covered faces doesn't exactly scream "memories" to me.
And little kids in general with the masks. I’m lucky b/c DS is 2 so he’s officially excluded from the rule. But really 7 & under should have been excluded. Everything else is just ridiculous imo.

Those are all showing as closed for FP, so yes, they’ll be gone as well.
Oddly, at Animal Kingdom, the only fastpasses open for Jul2 1st (kind of a random day) are Dinosaur, Festival of the Lion King, Tough to be a Bug, Up.

I'd expect at least two of those and maybe 3 to be closed if they're closing the rest of the shows.

If Disney cancels their theatre attractions they will only have like HALF of their attractions open .. especially at DHS.

Is there official word on those yet? I know it was reported that you couldn't get Fast Passes for "Turtle Talk with Crush" in August.
Turtle talk seems like one they could still do.

I honestly don't know how all this is going to work. I personally think its going to be total chaos and a disaster for awhile. I know people are anxious to get back, but I think it's way too much money for the aggravation and frustration that will surely be part of any trip to WDW this summer, or maybe through the fall. Not to mention the restrictions is going to make all this feel like a prison. I'm not quite sure how I'm supposed to relax and enjoy vacation when Im forced to wear a mask while sitting on a lounge chair on the pool deck. It's absolutely ridiculous.

Not to mention I'm not a fan of the communication or how it's been handled so far. So I don't have much confidence in this plan going forward.

I’m just gonna say it once. I don’t like the world we live in right now and I certainly don’t like this version of Walt Disney World. It makes me sad. I can’t help it. I’m sorry!

I sincerely wish those of you excited about your trips well, and I hope you all have a wonderful time. I personally can’t wait for 2022- praying we are back to normal by then.

I've been consistent from the start - if Disney re-opens, go all-out and do it. No masks mandates, no huge restrictions. Social distance the best you can by using park attendance and resort caps. But in the end, leave it up to the individual person/family as to whether they think going to WDW is suitable or not. If it is, great. If not, say, "We'll be here when you are ready". That's really all there is that needed to be done. You can't make a theme park or vacation spot a "safe space". Its made for masses of people to visit all at once....its part of the experience and the atmosphere.

Many people really haven't thought this through a lot of about just how ridiculously bare-bones WDW is going to be with the stated proposals and restrictions. And on top of it, every soul is forced to wear a mask like they are all patients at a hospital. And this is supposed to be a vacation to make people happy?

I'd personally be OK with some of the reductions and restrictions if the mask mandate didn't exist. And I think many others would be to. To not be able to see your own children smile at "The Happiest Place on Earth" is kind of ironic, huh?

OR let it open safely and YOU go back when they ease up on the restrictions and are comfortable. Not cause any type of outbreak after we spent 3 months slowing this down. Thinking of opening up a theme park to Tens of Thousands of people everyday with no restrictions has to be the craziest thing I’ve heard.

FAQ
Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Following the recent reopening of Shanghai Disney Resort and Disney Springs, we’re pleased that more Disney magic is coming back. Walt Disney World leaders submitted a proposal with the Orange County Economic Recovery Task Force describing the approach for a phased reopening of theme parks planned to begin on July 11.
Pending Orange County and state approval, our proposed plans are for Magic Kingdom Park and Disney’s Animal Kingdom to begin a phased reopening to the general public on July 11, followed by EPCOT and Disney’s Hollywood Studios on July 15. Additionally, Disney Vacation Club resorts at Walt Disney World and Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground will begin to reopen on June 22. Disney Vacation Club resorts in Vero Beach, Florida, and Hilton Head, South Carolina, will open on June 15. And in the coming weeks, Disney Stores will begin a phased reopening of operations globally, beginning with a select number of stores in the United States, in addition to stores in Europe and Japan.
In preparing to reopen during this unusual time, we have to manage our theme parks in a very different way from what we’ve known before. As we begin to reach out to our Cast Members and call them back to work, they will be focused on operating our parks in a responsible way that continues to give our Guests opportunities to create magical Disney memories.
This phased reopening will demonstrate a deliberate approach, with limits on attendance and controlled guest density that aligns with guidance on physical distancing. That means certain experiences that draw large group gatherings – such as parades and nighttime spectaculars – will return at a later date. In addition, “high-touch” experiences such as makeover opportunities, playgrounds and character greetings will remain temporarily unavailable, but characters will still be in our parks to entertain and delight Guests during their visit.
Because theme park capacity will be significantly limited as we welcome Guests back to the magic, we will manage attendance through a new theme park reservation system that will require all Guests to obtain a reservation for park entry in advance. At this time, we are temporarily pausing new ticket sales and Disney Resort hotel reservations so we can focus on Guests with existing tickets and reservations (Disney Vacation Club members can still make new reservations). Existing ticket holders and Annual Passholders will be able to make reservation requests in phases before new tickets are sold; we’ll be reaching out to these Guests soon to provide additional details. We will resume new ticket sales and hotel reservations after that period of time. Theme park reservations will be limited due to attendance limitations and will be subject to availability. More details about this new reservation system will be available soon.
We’re looking forward to reopening our theme parks, Disney Resort hotels and stores, and doing so in a responsible way. In this spirit, our destinations will continue to follow enhanced safety protocols based upon applicable guidance from health authorities and appropriate government agencies. Plans to support required physical distancing as well as enhanced cleaning measures, along with a number of other safety and cleanliness protocols, will be implemented as part of this planned phased reopening.
As we all must work together to promote the health and safety of everyone, Cast Members as well as Guests 3 years of age and older will be required to wear appropriate face coverings in theme parks and common areas of resort hotels. All Guests will also undergo temperature screenings prior to entering a theme park; health screenings and temperature checks will be required daily for Cast Members. Cashless transactions are recommended, and cleaning and disinfection procedures will be increased in high-traffic areas.
Additional information on enhanced health and safety measures and operational changes for reopening locations will be shared soon. These policies are under continuous review and are subject to change as we monitor conditions and receive guidance from health and government authorities.
We’re being deliberate during these phased reopenings, and we’re encouraged by how our Guests are responding at Shanghai Disney Resort and Disney Springs. We’re doing our part, and we need our Guests to do their part, too, as we work together to focus on safety.
REACTIVE FAQ
General questions on offerings
What is opening and when?

Pending Orange County and state approval, our proposed plans are for Magic Kingdom Park and Disney’s Animal Kingdom to begin a phased reopening to the general public on July 11, followed by EPCOT and Disney’s Hollywood Studios on July 15. Additionally, Disney Vacation Club resorts at Walt Disney World and Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground will begin to reopen on June 22. Disney Vacation Club resorts in Vero Beach, Florida, and Hilton Head, South Carolina, will open on June 15.

Are you reducing capacity in the theme parks?
Yes. When our theme parks reopen, we will be managing attendance through a new park reservation system and implementing physical distancing measures in line with CDC guidance. As a result, capacity and theme park reservations will be significantly limited and subject to availability.

How much capacity are you reducing, and when will you increase it? What will it take to get back to normal?
We are starting conservatively, and will slowly increase capacity slowly and at the appropriate times as the circumstances permit. We will learn as we go and will keep an eye on what’s happening around us and will make adjustments going forward.

What resorts are you opening?
During this phase of reopenings, we will begin to open the Disney Vacation Club properties and Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground June 22. This includes:
  • Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
  • Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
  • Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
  • Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village
  • Disney’s Beach Club Villas
  • Disney’s BoardWalk Villas
  • Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
  • Disney’s Old Key West Resort
  • Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows
  • Disney’s Riviera Resort
  • Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort
  • The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
In addition, Disney’s Vero Beach Resort and Disney’s Hilton Head Island Resort will open June 15.

Will you have transportation available?
We will begin running our Disney bus transportation on a limited basis for Guests staying in our resort hotels and will open monorail and ferry service when the parks reopen.

What about water parks? Will they open?
At this time, we are not reopening our water parks. Our focus is on our theme parks. We will share more information when we are ready to do so.

Is the reopening of Walt Disney World a sign that the other Disney theme parks will reopen soon?

No. Operations plans and details are decided independently at each Disney Park.

Will you open theme parks with all of the rides and entertainment?

We are temporarily pausing on some experiences like parades, nighttime spectaculars, character meet and greets and makeovers to accommodate social distancing. However, our characters will still be in the parks to entertain and delight our Guests.

Will anyone with an existing ticket be able to enter the theme parks?
Because theme park capacity will be significantly limited as we welcome Guests back to the magic, we will manage attendance through a new theme park reservation system that will require all Guests to obtain a reservation for park entry in advance. At this time, we are temporarily pausing new ticket sales and Disney Resort hotel reservations so we can focus on Guests with existing tickets and reservations (Disney Vacation Club members can still make new reservations). Existing ticket holders and Annual Passholders will be able to make reservation requests in phases before new tickets are sold; we’ll be reaching out to these Guests soon to provide additional details. We will resume new ticket sales and hotel reservations after that period of time. Theme park reservations will be limited due to attendance limitations and will be subject to availability. More details about this new reservation system will be available soon.

Safety and protocols
Will masks or face coverings be required to visit theme parks and resorts?

Yes. All Guests ages 3 and above and Cast Members are required to wear an appropriate face covering over both their nose and mouth. Guests must bring their own face coverings and wear them at all times, except when dining, and except when Resort Guests are in their rooms. At this time, we’re focused on consistent health and safety measures. We know this is difficult, and there is nothing normal about this time in our lives.

What if I forgot my mask at home? Will masks be provided to Guests or will they be available for purchase?
We are asking that our Guests bring their own mask for experiences at our parks.

What if a Guest doesn’t want to wear a face covering. Will there be any exception?
We understand that these times are challenging, and we appreciate everyone’s cooperation and patience and as we navigate as responsibly as we can. At this time, we’re focused on consistent health and safety measures. We know this is difficult, and there is nothing normal about this time in our lives.

Will hand sanitizers or hand washing stations be available throughout property? Where will they be located?
Yes. Disney theme parks and resort hotels will open with hand sanitizer and hand washing locations and Guests are highly encouraged to use these while visiting.

Will Guests be required to go through a temperature screening station to enter a theme park?
Yes. All Guests are required to undergo temperature screenings upon arrival to either a theme park or Disney Springs. Based on guidance from health authorities, anyone displaying a temperature of 100.4 F or above will be directed to an additional location for rescreening and assistance. Those with temperatures above 100.4 will not be allowed entry; those in their party will not be allowed entry either.

How will physical distancing guidelines be enforced?

Our Cast Members at Disney Springs have gone through new training as we all learn to adjust to these unique times together. To that end, we will have some Cast Members in Disney Springs and the theme parks when they open to explain our new procedures and answer any questions Guests may have. They will also encourage everyone to follow these measures for the health and safety of us all.

Will you be adjusting your security screening procedures when the parks reopen?
Yes, we will be making some adjustments to minimize the amount of contact our Cast will have with Guests’ personal items. We look forward to sharing more information soon.

Will you accept cash?

At this time, it is recommended all Guests use cashless or contactless payment options, such as MagicBands, credit cards, debit cards, Disney Gift Cards, Disney Reward redemption cards and Mobile Wallets such as Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay. Guests may purchase a Disney Gift Card at select merchandise locations and Guest Relations to pay without cash. We will continue to accept cash

I honestly don't know how all this is going to work. I personally think its going to be total chaos and a disaster for awhile. I know people are anxious to get back, but I think it's way too much money for the aggravation and frustration that will surely be part of any trip to WDW this summer, or maybe through the fall. Not to mention the restrictions is going to make all this feel like a prison. I'm not quite sure how I'm supposed to relax and enjoy vacation when Im forced to wear a mask while sitting on a lounge chair on the pool deck. It's absolutely ridiculous.

Not to mention I'm not a fan of the communication or how it's been handled so far. So I don't have much confidence in this plan going forward.
Easy solution. Don’t go and book a trip when things are more comfy for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter