Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the time Disney opens, they won't be required anymore.

;)
:rotfl2:

I'm sure I read that the m word was part of disneys agreement with the union??

So if disney allows use of to be relaxed and a CM told the union they no longer feel safe the union could ballot all CMs to strike?

“Real-time adjustments“ to park tickets or passes is what may push me to the side of canceling. If I am invested with flights, resort cost, vacation time, etc., and find out day-of that my park entry is not happening, I would be a very unhappy customer. It’d be a different story, IMO, if they provided more information in advance of my trip. For example, ”Our plan is to allow park entry to all resort guests; however, if we hit capacity, our process will be as follows...“

Here’s where I get confused over the uproar over Disney and near no complaints about Universal.

Universal opens in 14 days. Do we know about the hotels? No. Do we know if there’s going to be a reservation system or any kind of tiered entry? No. Do we know what dining will be available? No. Which rides? No. And yet no one complains. Go figure.....

I had been in the camp of: It’s complicated. They don’t have a firm date yet. They have multiple dates they are working towards meeting. They’ll open in phases. They’re establishing health and safety measures. They have the parks *and* the resorts to figure out. It’s a fluid situation.

But, at this point: They’ve tested these measures in Shanghai. They’ve opened Disney Springs with measures. They’ve shared procedures with other hotels, resorts and theme parks via the Task Force. They have a solid health and safety measures plan in place, via their Chief Medical Officer. AND, its main rival has submitted their reopening plan with a reopening date in the very near future, which has been approved.

So, as of this point, I am switching camps. They need to submit this reopening plan next week with an opening date for the parks and the resorts. Yes, I know it’s more complicated than UO because of the resorts, but they are at that point.

Here’s where I get confused over the uproar over Disney and near no complaints about Universal.

Universal opens in 14 days. Do we know about the hotels? No. Do we know if there’s going to be a reservation system or any kind of tiered entry? No. Do we know what dining will be available? No. Which rides? No. And yet no one complains. Go figure.....

as I said upthread you can book Universal resort hotels now for stays that start June 2nd

They released a lot of info today:

ETA: https://www.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/terms-of-service/reopening-frequently-asked-questions

All excellent questions that I would hope they answer very soon.

They said on the website reservations won't be required, but it is possible that the parks might close for capacity. So, clear as mud? It seems anyone going in the early days should be ready for a modified experience, for sure, but I know plenty of people very excited to go for it.

Edit: They have more information on their FAQ page here: Universal Reopening FAQ

They've promised to finalize plans and let us in on more details soon.

I already got an annual passholder email inviting me to come before the park is open generally.

I'm planning to contact them on Monday when things settle down about my pass situation.

And yet none of the above questions were answered. For instance:

3. Will all rides and attractions be open?
Majority of the attractions and experiences within the parks are scheduled to open. Select experiences will not be available during this phase, and some queue experiences may be slightly altered as we implement our new procedures. Additional details and specific experiences will be shared soon.

That tells me a whole lot of nothing, 14 days before opening. So what if conditions aren’t what I want them to be in order for me to go...airfare, vacation scheduling, all the things people say they need advance notice for? I understand that these are exceptional times. I’m not complaining about the lack of details. If I want to go, I’m just going to have to accept uncertainty. But I also extend that same thinking to WDW.

I think a lot of people are focused on the 3rd paragraph which could hint that a June opening isn’t happening at WDW.

I read more into “Real-time adjustments“ comment regarding tickets, passes, and experiences. I think they do have an opening date in mind for WDW and are ready to announce but they realize that because of limited dining capacity at restaurants (with some closures), they will likely have to cancel some ADRs. If park hours are reduced, it could also affect fast passes. Other events are also likely to be impacted.

Perhaps they are trying to soften the blow. Imply that they may not be opening in June, but actually open in June but with a lot of reservations and others plans being canceled.

And yet none of the above questions were answered. For instance:

3. Will all rides and attractions be open?
Majority of the attractions and experiences within the parks are scheduled to open. Select experiences will not be available during this phase, and some queue experiences may be slightly altered as we implement our new procedures. Additional details and specific experiences will be shared soon.

That tell me a whole lot of nothing. And that’s fine. I understand that these are exceptional times. If I want to go, I’m just going to have to accept uncertainty. But I also extend that same thinking to WDW.
And no info regarding the hotels and resorts yet:

1. What about hotels? And what if I have a hotel reservation?
Our hotels are an important part of our guest experience and we will share details soon. We are still finalizing our reopening plans and will contact those guests with reservations as soon as our plans are available.

I think a lot of people are focused on the 3rd paragraph which could hint that a June opening isn’t happening at WDW.

I read more into “Real-time adjustments“ comment regarding tickets, passes, and experiences. I think they do have an opening date in mind for WDW and are ready to announce but they realize that because of limited dining capacity at restaurants (with some closures), they will likely have to cancel some ADRs. If park hours are reduced, it could also affect fast passes. Other events are also likely to be impacted.

Perhaps they are trying to soften the blow. Imply that they may not be opening in June, but actually open in June but with a lot of reservations and others plans being canceled.
I have this feeling too.

They need to submit this reopening plan next week with an opening date for the parks and the resorts. Yes, I know it’s more complicated than UO because of the resorts, but they are at that point.

I am with you 100% on this one.

So Monday is a holiday we wont hear anything. We know Thurs mornings they start canceling the reservations. So that leaves tues or Wed. If Thursday morning comes with no plans submitted, no opening date, and more cancellations, well then I Completely GIVE UP!!!

And no info regarding the hotels and resorts yet:

1. What about hotels? And what if I have a hotel reservation?
Our hotels are an important part of our guest experience and we will share details soon. We are still finalizing our reopening plans and will contact those guests with reservations as soon as our plans are available.
Hotels are open to book , that info is old

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter