Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
New speculation is how long will this super low capacity last? A week? 2 weeks? A month? It's really no wonder that AP spots are sold out through July if this is what capacity is. And honestly, I'm glad to see it. It proves PR is super important to Disney.
I selfishly hope they hold out through early august for our trip. These waits will make for a much more relaxed, easier paced trip then we have done in years.

New speculation is how long will this super low capacity last? A week? 2 weeks? A month? It's really no wonder that AP spots are sold out through July if this is what capacity is. And honestly, I'm glad to see it. It proves PR is super important to Disney.
I’m thinking attendance is going to be similar to this for a while. I can’t see disney rushing any sort of increase with the current climate of the virus.

They arent at capacity though. Reservations are still available for all except APs without resort stays.

Seeing online that the Fastpass signage at FP attractions are now blank panels and only show the wait time. Can anyone confirm that is the case at both parks?

Only since you asked, that said I have made many predictions as well and some have been wrong also. They are just predictions.

View attachment 509197
Fair enough! 👍

For the record though, I also remember saying not all parks would open at once - and we still don't know about water parks, and that not all resorts would open at once. Oh and masks definitely being required and that requirement will last for a fair few months.

I honestly can't remember what else I predicted, if anything.

I hope that plexi is screwed in tight. 😂

Is this new? I don’t remember people mentioning it yesterday.

I wonder if they’d do this on RotR given it’s the brand new shiny toy and they want it to be as good of an experience as possible. But with only 2 rows and most parties being parties of 2, you’re looking at sending out a lot of ride vehicles with only 25% capacity if limited to 1 row.

You can be upset with the reopening, you can be upset that they happened to choose a reopening day that just so happened to coincide with Florida hitting a spike, but its the ones that just can’t seem to find any happiness at all in life that its just exhausting to even read what they have to say.

Come on ... chill out on the hyperbole here. Just because someone shares strong opinions about Disney’s reopening on a message board doesn’t mean they can’t or don’t find happiness in life ...

I’m thinking attendance is going to be similar to this for a while. I can’t see disney rushing any sort of increase with the current climate of the virus.

Ask this same question 3-4 weeks ago and the answer is probably different. I dont see an increase in attendance for at the very least, a month. But probably closer to September/October depending on how things are going in the state. Opening and maintaining is their concern and whats on their mind now, I’m sure those hypothetical’s are being discussed internally, but they’re something at the top of the priority list right now

They arent at capacity though. Reservations are still available for all except APs without resort stays.

The fact that they aren’t allowing APs in indicates that they are indeed at “capacity.” Just because they have left wiggle room left for paying customers doesn’t mean they don’t have a good idea of how many APs to allow in to counter the people who might book or buy a ticket at the last minute. Capacity is a fluid and subjective term for Disney right now. They aren’t forced to allow in any certain number. The number of walk ups and last minute hotel bookings is so minimal. Other than that they know pretty much exactly how many guests to expect. And since they aren’t letting us all in, they are at the capacity they want.

Come on ... chill out on the hyperbole here. Just because someone shares strong opinions about Disney’s reopening on a message board doesn’t mean they can’t or don’t find happiness in life ...

When you’re making negative comments at a 100% clip rate, its hard to say for certain that theres an ability to find happiness, message board or not. And thats where the ignore button came in. I dont find it necessary to give the benefit of the doubt when its the same rain on the same parade every day, every night. Sorry

Definitely. There are people who haven’t been back for a while because of the normal crowds and the current situation will entice them to come. Also, it’s enticing to regular repeat guests to come now and experience a Disney vacation like no other.
This is us kinda. We hadn’t stopped going yet, but the crowds were getting ridiculous. That’s part of the appeal of this trip. It’s not about wait times for us, but just not having to be in there with herds of ppl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter