Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back from Day 1 MK AP Preview! Finally have some time to write my thoughts.

-We drove 1.5 hours and arrived shortly before 10am. We were directly in front of the TTC and 2 rows in from the front (by my account that's basically valet 🤣 )

-We LOVED the physical distancing for parking, but we did NOT love how when we got back to the car they had filled all those empty spaces😕

-Temp check was a little different from the Tampa water park we went to last month. At the waterpark they have multiple fans blowing on you and shaded area before you enter the temp check tent. MK you walk straight from the parking lot to the temp check no fans. Went easy enough though.

-Touchless security system was fine, HOWEVER, you do have to remove every bag from any strollers, AND separate your electronics and then you carry it all through the scanner...so I don't really get it lol. In our case with 2 strollers we had a LOT of bags for toddler needs and security did offer to help hold my bags so I could push the stroller to the side of the scanner and I did accept😅

-Physical AP Preview print out NOT REQUIRED. They scan your magic bands. No finger scanner. LOTS of "Welcome Home"s 🤩

-Park was EMPTY. I mean, *maybe* 50 people on ALL of Main Street USA. It felt like a private event.

-Got to get pictures of the Castle AND walk through it (which was SO packed last year we had to skip going near it due to crowds)

-No parades, but the Calvacades run often and are SO cute! Characters appear throughout the day in different locations.

-Ride times were walk ons just about. I walked onto Space Mountain and had an entire rocket ship to myself. Small World and Pirates were less than 10 minutes each. 7 Dwarfs had a pretty steady 30 min wait all day that I saw though, and Tomorrowland Speedway was 15 min. Peoplemover was running but I did not see people on it at all.

-We brought lunch so that we could avoid any potential QS mass wait, ate in the shade at tables by Space Mountain and there was NO ONE at all the entire time but us.

-Mask compliance was 100% that I saw, and I was looking for any non-compliance

-Guys, it was HOT. I'm a born and raised Floridian and I was drenched in sweat all day, my face was sweaty, my eyes were stinging with sweat. I even had a portable fan on me all day and still...just be prepared, it was very oppressive today.

-We left around 2pm because we felt good about the rides we got to experience and we were all very hot. We got on the ferry literally .2 seconds before a HUGE downpour that seriously only lasted for the ferryboat ride and was done by the time we got off at TTC🤣

How’d your kids do?? I’m so happy for you everything worked out and you got to go!

What is this, Where's Waldo's Mask in WDW? Took me 5 minutes to even find the dark colored straw you were searching for. Good grief.

For those that played, in the first tweet there's a blond haired lady at the bottom of a picture that looks to have her black mask slightly lowered.

Um no, I wasn't searching at all. It was immediately obvious. And it's the man, wearing a bandana without ear loops, that is supposedly not allowed.

Last edited:
Me reading all these food and wine menus knowing I get to put all of this in my tummy in 10 days
giphy.gif

Brazil cheese bread lives! And Guiness Bailey’s Shake! Not sure any of the rest really matters 🙃

That Guinness Bailey's Shake is the F&W breakfast of champions!

I also discovered that my park reservations were still active after my old Poly stay was canceled and off my account. I'm still going to cancel them and rebook for my new reservation's dates but that's an ugly loophole/glitch I hope gets fixed.

Back from Day 1 MK AP Preview! Finally have some time to write my thoughts.

-We drove 1.5 hours and arrived shortly before 10am. We were directly in front of the TTC and 2 rows in from the front (by my account that's basically valet 🤣 )

-We LOVED the physical distancing for parking, but we did NOT love how when we got back to the car they had filled all those empty spaces😕

-Temp check was a little different from the Tampa water park we went to last month. At the waterpark they have multiple fans blowing on you and shaded area before you enter the temp check tent. MK you walk straight from the parking lot to the temp check no fans. Went easy enough though.

-Touchless security system was fine, HOWEVER, you do have to remove every bag from any strollers, AND separate your electronics and then you carry it all through the scanner...so I don't really get it lol. In our case with 2 strollers we had a LOT of bags for toddler needs and security did offer to help hold my bags so I could push the stroller to the side of the scanner and I did accept😅

-Physical AP Preview print out NOT REQUIRED. They scan your magic bands. No finger scanner. LOTS of "Welcome Home"s 🤩

-Park was EMPTY. I mean, *maybe* 50 people on ALL of Main Street USA. It felt like a private event.

-Got to get pictures of the Castle AND walk through it (which was SO packed last year we had to skip going near it due to crowds)

-No parades, but the Calvacades run often and are SO cute! Characters appear throughout the day in different locations.

-Ride times were walk ons just about. I walked onto Space Mountain and had an entire rocket ship to myself. Small World and Pirates were less than 10 minutes each. 7 Dwarfs had a pretty steady 30 min wait all day that I saw though, and Tomorrowland Speedway was 15 min. Peoplemover was running but I did not see people on it at all.

-We brought lunch so that we could avoid any potential QS mass wait, ate in the shade at tables by Space Mountain and there was NO ONE at all the entire time but us.

-Mask compliance was 100% that I saw, and I was looking for any non-compliance

-Guys, it was HOT. I'm a born and raised Floridian and I was drenched in sweat all day, my face was sweaty, my eyes were stinging with sweat. I even had a portable fan on me all day and still...just be prepared, it was very oppressive today.

-We left around 2pm because we felt good about the rides we got to experience and we were all very hot. We got on the ferry literally .2 seconds before a HUGE downpour that seriously only lasted for the ferryboat ride and was done by the time we got off at TTC🤣
very similar to my experience and yes very very hot

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter