Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like I’m in an episode of Pinky and the Brain. “What are we doing tonight Brain?”
The same thing we do every night Pinky. Try to get through to Guest Services!

Seriously, with everything people have to do to book anything with Disney right now, how can anyone enjoy any part of a trip. I've seen pages upon pages of people complaining about everything schedule related. If you are that miserable and stressed about a vacation trip, then stay home or go somewhere else. Disney is fun, but all of these pages of people complaining makes zero desire to go anytime soon. I'll enjoy my beach vacation while you all stress out.
I’m weird like this but I’ll complain and whine and commiserate with everyone. But at the end of the day, I love planning. Securing that desired reservation gives me a rush. And then watching my family have an amazing time because of all my hard work and efforts brings me so much joy.

Beginning June 30, eligible Guests with experience reservations previously cancelled due to the closure can call (407) 939-6690 to make reservations for available offerings. Eligible Disney Vacation Club Members can call Member Services at (800) 800-9800 for reservations.
During this initial window, Guests can check availability for the following experiences:
Magic Kingdom Park:
Disney’s Hollywood Studios:
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels:

YAY DROID DEPOT!

RIP losing both Oga's and Savi's? :( Not necessarily surprised

Maybe I’m cynical, but with the both COVID situation in Florida and people clearly being willing to come to Disney without fireworks, seems like they wouldn’t be in any rush to go through the trouble of putting on fireworks with the logistical issues (and cost) that come along with it.

Not only would they have to distance people, but fireworks bring along transportation issues afterwards and with buses/monorails being so much emptier than normal and resort boats not running at all, it seems like they would not want to rush into it just because they could.

Parks need to be open late enough for it to be dark first.

Epcot is. Once we get to late September, HS will be. Fantasmic is a great show for covid-times since it's outside with a queue that can be arranged with no switchbacks to keep people distant. They'd just need to release the theater by rows afterwards to avoid the logjam.

They should just be open from 12-10 and save people sleep and give some fireworks

It's been suggested on here, and I think this is right, that the reason for the staggered opening and closing times is to reduce crowds at resorts at the bus stops and to be able to run less buses than they would if the parks opened at the same time. Plus for some people 10p.m. is past bedtime. :) I enjoy a night show once in a while, but I'd prefer early, early opening since I get up early for work anyways.

Glad you stopped by to visit, our little forum has developed quite a bond. Just like every family get together you have to ignore some comments some of the time, but overall we learn a ton a good info here. 😉
Sound like a bunch of people complaining for weeks and man the DVC members are the worse ones complaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter