Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed the list only mentions Animal Kingdom Villas-Jambo House. Doesn't mention AKL; unless it is an oversight, seems surprising.
Kidani is DVC and is already opening June 22. This is for Jambo to open July 10. Since they aren't booking new reservations until "next month", I wonder if they will start moving people with July 10 reservations from closed resorts to Jambo.

Think no bus between resorts either. And no pool hopping for DVC.
I was asking about staying at Jambo in July, but not having any restaurants open. I was told by MS that there would be a van going between Jambo and Kidani, even if there isn't a park bus. Not sure they can know that, though. We will know more tomorrow.

So sorry to ask this but I have two day tickets attached to my resort check in for July 15 and I really need those changed to 7 day tickets before tomorrow’s park reservation openings. (Long story on why only two day tickers) if I hear of my resort change today is there any chance they would let those be changed to the 7 day verses two since I do already have tickets attached and they are just for the wrong amount of days for my resort stay?
No, you won't be allowed to change anything.

Anyone know if they are taking calls? My MDE looks messed up...says it can't display any friends and family and doesn't have the right people listed for my reservation (just ghost placeholders). I've been on hold with the tech support line for over an hour. I emailed about it a couple days ago and no response, so I thought I'd call.
I'm sure they're furiously working to make the crash tomorrow even more spectacular.

I agree with you. If that is actually the date they are reopening, they need to hire a different Communications person, because whoever is writing their blurbs is awful.

Writing is a direly undervalued skill in the workplace tbh. I've worked in the private and public sector and the one thing they have in common is awful communication. My family clowned me constantly for being an English major but my entire team runs communications through me before sending them out. Everybody understands us. Meanwhile the other support teams send things out and we need 50 back and forth emails trying to clarify whatever vague thing they said.

Parents, teach your younglings to write!

I assume these aren’t part of a package? I actually spoke to Ticketing yesterday about an unrelated ticket issue, and they specifically said that ticket upgrades are not being processed at this time (part of the ticket sales pause), so you should make reservations with what you have then check availability when ticket sales resume and if what you want is still available you can upgrade. That’s the official answer. If you talk to another CM in DRC while working on your reservation, they might be able to help but for the time being the official answer is no.

They are part of a sun and fun package :)

While anything *could* happen, my understanding is that current idea is to try to move those with cash-side reservations at the Deluxes to their resort’s adjacent Villa-side but I believe they can only really do that within 60 days unless they haven’t already used up the original cash-earmarked villas. Moderates and values are going to have to be very flexible. Some could end up at SSR for example. It’s still up in the air and details are still being worked out as we speak I believe. I do think, however, that this will be a rolling process.

Depends on when you’re going. If you’re book for much later this year, they may just have you sit tight. Even with these resorts, things are fluid.
Thanks - I will just try to book park reservations for our two trips (Oct and Dec) tomorrow and will see what happens with the rooms.
Can we book park reservations for multiple trips tomorrow??

Just a speculative question - if water parks open do you think they’ll require a reservation? If they do will the no hopping mean you couldn’t do the water park in the day and a regular park at night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter