Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
As many people have pointed out I do think Disney is sending a message of "Stay Away" right now. But I also think it is because they have, or at least, had, way more reservations than the reduced capacity in the parks can handle. They certainly don't want to have the scenario that people are fearing here that someone has a week long stay on property and only get admission 2 or 3 days into the parks. THAT would be pretty bad. Same is true of the resorts, why open more resorts to draw in more people until you know if you can accomodate them? Yes they should have cut off reservations WAY earlier but that's done. Hense they are opening the resorts they have to open and working on paring down the guest count until they get it where they need it to be. Once that happens we will probably hear more and things will get a little warmer from them and we'll probaby see more value and moderate resorts open up. I realy does suck for the folks that have to cancel but I think Disney would rather have you make that decision than make it for you right now.

Well as an example NY has 380,000 people who have covid right now. Of that number, only 63,000 are deemed “ cured “

So while other states have more new cases, NY still has more active cases then anywhere else

I am from CNY and I am not sure those are an accurate representation... we move to Phase 3 tomorrow.

Last edited:
There are many measures, deaths per million being a HUGE factor

When it comes to travel restrictions that are looking at how quickly it’s via daily cases and how many cases they still have active.

Tri state area has slowed in new cases but have a ton of active cases. About 1/4 of the active cases in the US.

The reality domestic travel restrictions don’t really work unless you have an easy way to track who’s coming and going. The only state that can successfully enforce this one is Hawaii. And they require everyone landing in Hawaii to quarantine.

When it comes to travel restrictions that are looking at how quickly it’s via daily cases and how many cases they still have active.

Tri state area has slowed in new cases but have a ton of active cases. About 1/4 of the active cases in the US.

The reality domestic travel restrictions don’t really work unless you have an easy way to track who’s coming and going. The only state that can successfully enforce this one is Hawaii. And they require everyone landing in Hawaii to quarantine.
Alaska is requiring a negative test within 72 hrs before flights into the state. If someone flies in without testing, they'll administer a test at the airport. Everyone has to take another test 7-14 days after arrival (and "minimize interactions" until that test comes back negative. "Minimize" means no eating at restaurants, no patronizing open theaters or museums, etc.) Alternatively, travelers into the state can opt to quarantine for 14 days.

Just called the Fl health dpt hotline and asked about the executive order, it does NOT have an expiration date and it's up to the Gov. to cancel it
here's the number for anyone that wants to ask 18667796121

The way it’s written it runs as long as the underlying executive order declaring an emergency unless they revoke it. It probably won’t be canceled until the main Executive Order declaring an emergency expires and I’m not so sure they are going to let it expire on July 7.

The way it’s written it runs as long as the underlying executive order declaring an emergency unless they revoke it. It probably won’t be canceled until the main Executive Order declaring an emergency expires and I’m not so sure they are going to let it expire on July 7.
Agreed. But that does make me wonder if the order will also apply to those participating in the Special Olympics and to those attending the Republican Convention, both in Florida in July and August.

I live in CNY and presently we have had three deaths and 56 cases in are county total. I am traveling to Florida on July 19th and hopefully going to the Disney parks( if they let us get a reservation.) Personally am not concerned with this order as even if in place is unenforceable as you can just tell them at the airport your are locking in, then go do whatever you want. Only way I see this being a problem is if you use Magical express and Disney somehow makes it a policy to not let you stay at the hotel or go in the parks until after 14 days.

Do you happen to know if the ice machines at the resorts are working?
That’s an affirmative on the ice machines and other vending machines. Also, today I noticed on the app if you place a mobile order and are a passholder you can add park refillable cups to your order FREE....for as many entrees ordered. Wish I noticed yesterday but oh well. You get free refills all your first day then you can pay to renew it on other park days. But here’s the weird thing....I took that screenshot after I got my “free refillable cup for your first mobile order for passholders” so....wondering if it can be added every day. Testing that theory tomorrow.

Attachments

• D70C9EC5-3B82-48AA-8F95-FC58A8DFE927.png
    D70C9EC5-3B82-48AA-8F95-FC58A8DFE927.png
    120 KB · Views: 107
Agreed. But that does make me wonder if the order will also apply to those participating in the Special Olympics and to those attending the Republican Convention, both in Florida in July and August.

Well if Jacksonville does get the RNC It will be because Dasantis guarantees 20-52 will be lifted by then. I’m not so sure it will be lifted by July 7. But it will be lifted by the RNC if it’s taking place in Jacksonville. They could always let 20-52 and every EO tied to it expire on July 7 and then pass a new scaled back one. If they still want any Covid restrictions in place(IE: phased openings still occurring, social distancing requirement, occupancy restrictions etc) there has to be an EO in place.

I feel for those of you in areas of certain states which aren’t hit as hard. I completely get it. I live in a suburb of Houston. We currently have 11 people hospitalized with COVID in our county, and only a couple in the ICU. We’re a county of over 600K ppl too. I hope they lift the travel restrictions for y’all soon. It doesn’t seem fair. :(

Does anyone know if the MLS is operating under the same bubble rules the NBA is? Since NBA players and family are not allowed to visit the parks and resorts, a hotel by itself like Coranado makes sense. They don’t feel so cooped up because they can get outside and go to restaurants ect on campus. But at the swan, you’re trapped inside for the most part unless you have access to the boardwalk, which seems to defeat the purpose unless boardwalk is closed to guests.
From what I read yes. I think they are going to consider both sides of S&D as the “bubble” so they can use all of the dinning options, amenities etc.

From what I read yes. I think they are going to consider both sides of S&D as the “bubble” so they can use all of the dinning options, amenities etc.

I posted some info on what the buble will look like in the MLS threa but yeah they will not be able to leave the hotel or WWoS except for certain planned entertainment things with Golf being the one mentioned like it was for the NBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter