Cross your heart we're going! Cross it!An Unexpected April Adventure! TR Started!!!!

First - I'm stumped with your quote too... I'm sorry to say I don't watch too many Disney movies. :sad2: I just saw the preview for the new Alice in Wonderland movie & I'm excited for that one to come out in March.

We aren't that adventurous either so it's usually Liberty Inn for us too! We've eaten at Sunshine Seasons, but it's always a zoo in there. I guess you have to hit it right. More recently we've stuck with TS meals at Epcot so I don't have any other suggestions for you there. DH did get Fish & Chips at the Fish & Chips stand in the UK last year & enjoyed that.

As far as MK - we at at CHH for the first time last year & I think we'll be back! The apple cobbler was fantastic! We have also eaten at Cosmic Rays quite a few times. We love the rotisserie chicken. :thumbsup2 The only problem with Cosmic Rays is that there are different areas to order different foods. One for burgers, one for chicken and one for sandwiches... or something like that. It's hard to manage with little ones in tow, but we've always enjoyed the food.

O'Hana looks like a lot of fun - we haven't made it there yet...

Great idea with the trivia! I am a bit stumped too, but for some reason Up is sticking in my head! :confused3 I need to go Google it now to see if I'm right. :laughing:

ETA: Darn, I was wrong. Of course now it seems so obvious. I won't guess anymore though since I know the answer now. :rolleyes:

The only movie that I can think of about food is Ratatoullie (sp?)

Great picture update Angie! Love all the fun it looks like you had at Ohana! I would love to try it sometime, we are eating lunch at Kona Cafe this trip!

WE LOVE SUNSHINE SEASONS too!! Another one of our faves in the Cantina outside the Mexico Pavilion. Good food, not too crazy, and the Churros are the BEST!!!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 Stake out a table early and you could have a great seat for Illuminations:):goodvibes

Hehe... I had to Google it too! I forgot to say our grocery store finally got the Ohana juice. :banana: As yummy as we remembered!

I'm not a ton of help on the CS as we try to find the more adventuresome places :rotfl:

I have heard really good things about Contempo Cafe. Cosmic Rays is fine, nothing exciting but it's fine. My gang thought the Cantina in Mexico was just so-so (half ate there, the rest from Tangerine which was fabulous!). I have also heard good things about EOS.

Love the Ohana pix!

NO AK????!?! How sad :(

But I love all your other ADR'S!! Columbia Harbour House is my fav!!!
I know...we're very sad.:sad1: But..with 2 trips last year, we could only do 5 days this year. The boys had been begging to do a water park and Disney Quest. We knew we couldn't fit everything in and gave them the decision..all 4 parks or 2 parks w/ water park and more option. Obviously, they chose the second option. It's okay...there's always next time.;)

Love Columbia Harbour House!!!!Yum!
Ok...I know the quote, but I'm first so I'll give some others a chance!

As far as CS places go...we did QSDP on our last trip, so here are my thoughts.

DTD-- We LOVED Cooke's of Dublin! The scallops were amazing and Dan got a fried snickers bar for dessert! :thumbsup2

In Epcot--how about trying the CS in Mexico? Do the kids like tacos? We enjoyed it there last spring. Or maybe Fish and Chips at Yorkshire Fish Shop in the UK. These are pretty tame as far as "adventurous" eating goes.

In MK--We enjoyed both Pecos Bill's as well as Cosmic Ray's, but I'd say Cosmic Ray's if you are looking for dinner. LOTS of choices...chicken, ribs, burgers.

Congrats on the 'Ohana ADR. We did our one OOP meal there as well! LOVED IT! :love:

Hi Missy!

Yes...it was your TR that I read about Cooke's of Dublin. The food sounded so good....but honestly it was the fried snickers that really peaked my interest...yum!:thumbsup2

I've been thinking about the CS place in Mexico. The boys love tacos!! However, they don't like refried beans and neither does DH. I was looking over their menu and I saw a lot of refried beans....hmmm. Have you eaten at the CS place in China? I was thinking about that place as well.

Food plans:yay: The only CS we've done in Epcot is Sunshine Seasons (which like you we love) and Tangieriene Cafe which we also loved. It is a Morrocan so it's a bit different, but the kids meals are completely American (read chicken nuggets.) My kids think they love Morrocan food;)

In Magic Kingdom I'm with your DH that Columbia Harbor House is the best. I've eaten at Pecos Bill and Cosmic Rays as well. They are fine. We've also eaten at Pinochio's Village Haus. That too is just your normal food. My kids like how you can see It's a Small World. Have you thought about the Main Street Bakery? I hear they have sandwiches you can get on the dining plan plus they have yummy desserts. If you are hot dog fans there is Casey's too. I've just had breakfast at Contempo Cafe so I can't offer any opinions there.

In DTD we've eaten at Earl of Sandwiches and it's really good if you're sandwich folks. That being said we've never tried Wolfgang Puck Express and I'm planning on going there next trip.

The Ohana's breakfast looks great! My boys and I actually have that scheduled for June!

I would love to try Tangieriene Cafe!! I'm actually glad to hear that the kids meals are American so that may be an option as well. That's too funny about your kids liking Morrocan food!!:rotfl:

I had completely forgotten about Pinochio's Village Haus. I haven't heard very much about the place as far as reviews go. I'll have to check out their menu.

Definitely try Wolfgang Puck Express!! Great place to eat in DTD!!:thumbsup2

Hey Angie.... trivia! First question and I'm stumped already :confused:

Food! :woohoo: In Epcot we've only been to the McDonalds or Electric Umbrella, just your standard burgers, chicken, etc. I've never been to Sunshine Seasons but I'm definately going next time. :thumbsup2 The one recommendation I hear a lot is Tangierine Cafe in Morocco.

I knew of Earl of Sandwich thru the DIS and thought we might try it, but then we stumbled upon Wolfgang Puck. Yum! Yum! I've never tried Earl or Cookes but they're on the list. The other times we've eaten CS in DTD was at McDonalds.

Cosmic Ray's is our go-to in MK but I'm definately getting to Columbia HH this time... we've been to Peco Bills once and loved it.... maybe I'll take my own advise and hit the Contempo Cafe too. :laughing:

Ohana :cloud9: Since you asked for pictures.....:rolleyes:

Our first time in 2006...
2006_0908Disney0199.jpg

2007_0922Disney20070036.jpg

In 2008 Alex wanted to do the video...
2008_0826Disney20056.jpg

... and Pluto stole the show with Ariana and Demetri...
2008_0826Disney20060.jpg

2008_0826Disney20058-1.jpg

And my fav of all in 2009...
2009_0820pics0033-1.jpg

Thanks for posting your pics!!:thumbsup2 They are sooooo cute!! Love the picture of Pluto hugging Ariana...very sweet!! And the one with Demetri on top of Pluto...so funny!!!:rotfl:

Right now....we're thinking either Cosmic Ray's or the Contempo Cafe for our MK dinner. I actually read some really good reviews today about the CS at the Contemporary. The only thing that concerns me is that I think it's right next to Chef Mickey's...and I don't want the boys to feel like they are missing out. Especially since we always visit Chef Mickey's every trip. Hmm...then again it would kind of feel like we are there and I don't have to pay those prices.:laughing:

Ahhh....no guess on the trivia question either....Huh? I thought for sure that you would know.;)

First - I'm stumped with your quote too... I'm sorry to say I don't watch too many Disney movies. :sad2: I just saw the preview for the new Alice in Wonderland movie & I'm excited for that one to come out in March.

We aren't that adventurous either so it's usually Liberty Inn for us too! We've eaten at Sunshine Seasons, but it's always a zoo in there. I guess you have to hit it right. More recently we've stuck with TS meals at Epcot so I don't have any other suggestions for you there. DH did get Fish & Chips at the Fish & Chips stand in the UK last year & enjoyed that.

As far as MK - we at at CHH for the first time last year & I think we'll be back! The apple cobbler was fantastic! We have also eaten at Cosmic Rays quite a few times. We love the rotisserie chicken. :thumbsup2 The only problem with Cosmic Rays is that there are different areas to order different foods. One for burgers, one for chicken and one for sandwiches... or something like that. It's hard to manage with little ones in tow, but we've always enjoyed the food.

O'Hana looks like a lot of fun - we haven't made it there yet...

Oh...I just saw the preview for Alice and Wonderland too!!! It looks really good!! I can't wait for it to come out!!

I agree about Sunshine Seasons...love their food!! But...you're right it's always so busy! We were lucky last April to sit over on the side, in front of Living w/the Land. It wasn't right in the middle of the food court...so it was less busy and much quieter!

I can't say enough good things about CHH!! We loved it!! Everything was fresh and the apple cobbler was so yummy!!!We really want to try Cosmic Ray's but the only thing that's really stopped us is the fact that you have to order from different areas. Not a big deal...really. But, we do it so much eating at Pop that by the time we order, pay and find a table-- our food is lukewarm at best.

You'll definitely have to try Ohana's!! Lots of fun!!:goodvibes
Great idea with the trivia! I am a bit stumped too, but for some reason Up is sticking in my head! :confused3 I need to go Google it now to see if I'm right. :laughing:

ETA: Darn, I was wrong. Of course now it seems so obvious. I won't guess anymore though since I know the answer now. :rolleyes:

Ahhh...you were close!! It is a Pixar movie but not UP.

The only movie that I can think of about food is Ratatoullie (sp?)

Great picture update Angie! Love all the fun it looks like you had at Ohana! I would love to try it sometime, we are eating lunch at Kona Cafe this trip!

WE LOVE SUNSHINE SEASONS too!! Another one of our faves in the Cantina outside the Mexico Pavilion. Good food, not too crazy, and the Churros are the BEST!!!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 Stake out a table early and you could have a great seat for Illuminations:):goodvibes

Yum!! I have always wanted to try Kona's. I have read a lot of great reviews about the restaurant. I will have to plan it for our next trip!!

Thanks for the tip about Illuminations!! Hmmm....the Cantina outside of Mexico is sounding better and better.;)

Hehe... I had to Google it too! I forgot to say our grocery store finally got the Ohana juice. :banana: As yummy as we remembered!

Hi Tracy!!

Ahh...I wish our grocery store would get in the Ohana juice!! It's so yummy isn't it! It's Nick's favorite...he can't wait to go back to have some!! The juice and some of those sweet rolls....okay now I'm getting hungry..I may need to go hunt up a snack.:rolleyes1

I'm not a ton of help on the CS as we try to find the more adventuresome places :rotfl:

I have heard really good things about Contempo Cafe. Cosmic Rays is fine, nothing exciting but it's fine. My gang thought the Cantina in Mexico was just so-so (half ate there, the rest from Tangerine which was fabulous!). I have also heard good things about EOS.

Love the Ohana pix!

Thanks!!:goodvibes

Glad to hear some more positive things about the Contempo Cafe!! It's definitely a possibility!! We were also thinking about maybe heading over to the Wilderness Lodge and checking out their CS place.:confused3

Ahhh...another vote for Tangerine!! It sounds like a very popular place!;)

Well, I think I've made you wait long enough for the answer to the trivia question.

The question was...."Guess this movie quote"

"This much I knew. If you are what you eat, then I only wanna eat the good stuff."

The answer---Ratatouille of course!!;) Who said it....Remy!!:)

Congratulations Beth(Corey's Gal)!!!!:thumbsup2

party:

We did eat at the CS place in China....Dan actually ate there several times! He couldn't get enough of the noodle bowl! I would try that if your family likes Chinese food...they have dumplings, egg rolls, etc...pretty kid friendly.

Tangierine Cafe is our absolute FAVORITE CS in the WS! Jeff and I look forward to eating there every trip. If the boys will be ok with chicken nuggets, you and DH should give it a try. It's definitely a little adventurous, but I love that kind of food!

We did eat at the CS place in China....Dan actually ate there several times! He couldn't get enough of the noodle bowl! I would try that if your family likes Chinese food...they have dumplings, egg rolls, etc...pretty kid friendly.

Tangierine Cafe is our absolute FAVORITE CS in the WS! Jeff and I look forward to eating there every trip. If the boys will be ok with chicken nuggets, you and DH should give it a try. It's definitely a little adventurous, but I love that kind of food!

I thought I had remembered Dan eating the noodle bowl....and loving it from your TR!:thumbsup2 We do like Chinese food...even the boys. Hmm....this is tough one. I guess I'll just make a list of possible choices in the WS and we'll go with what we feel like when we get there.:confused3

I've read soooo many great things about Tangierine Cafe!! I would love to try it!! I'm sure the boys wouldn't mind chicken nuggets?? Now...to get DH on board.:rolleyes1 (adding another place to our list!!:))

LOL, that is what I was thinking when I googled the answer. Atleast I was on the right track. haha

Lol...and I thought it would be an easy one since there isn't too many Disney movies about food. Hmm.....Good try though:thumbsup2.....you were definitely on the right track!!!!;)

Okay, so I guess yesterday's trivia question was a little tough. Today's will be much easier....in fact I'm sure you can all guess it!!! But....I have to include it, because it's from one of my very favorite Disney movies!!

"Guess this movie quote"

" No. No, you can't. Stop! Please don't go away! Please? No one's ever stuck with me for so long before! And if you leave, if you leave... I just, I remember things better with you! I do! Look! P. Sherman, forty-two... forty-two... I remember it, I do! It's there, I know it is, because when I look at you, I can feel it. And-and I look at you, and I... I'm home! Please. I don't want that to go away. I don't want to forget."

See....I told you it was easy!;) So, what movie is it from and who says it?

(Oh....and if you want to guess but not ruin it for others...write in white.;))

For those of you who would like a little more of a challenge....try this!!

"Well, when one's lost, I suppose it's good advice to stay where you are until someone finds you. But-but who'd ever think to look for me here?"

Well the first one is easy and I'll do the answer in white thing, its --> Dori from Finding Nemo!

The challenging one, yikes. I'm not sure but I'll throw out a guess, is it --> Bolt?

Well the first one is easy and I'll do the answer in white thing, its --> Dori from Finding Nemo!

The challenging one, yikes. I'm not sure but I'll throw out a guess, is it --> Bolt?

Yup...first ones right!!! YAY!:dance3:

The second one.....think classic Disney....hint-It's soon to be popular again.;)

Okay, I hate to say it but I think I know the answer to both, I will type in white!! I LOVE trivia and I am usually not too good at it!! :thumbsup2

Answer #1-Dori from Finding Nemo (yes it was REALLY easy)

Answer #2-I am 90% sure it's Alice from Alice in Wonderland

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter