• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cross your heart we're going! Cross it!An Unexpected April Adventure! TR Started!!!!

Yeah, #1 is most definitely Dory in Finding Nemo.

#2 I am not going to google and cheat. I have to say I am stumped again. :confused:

Okay, I hate to say it but I think I know the answer to both, I will type in white!! I LOVE trivia and I am usually not too good at it!! :thumbsup2

Answer #1-Dori from Finding Nemo (yes it was REALLY easy)

Answer #2-I am 90% sure it's Alice from Alice in Wonderland

YAY!! You got them both right again!!:dance3: I would say you're pretty good at trivia!!;) You're now 3 for 3!!!:cheer2:

Ok...first one is easy! Second is harder....I think it's... Alice in Wonderland.

I know...the first one was sooooo easy!! But, I love the quote!;) You are right on the second question!! Great job!!:dance3:

Oh of course! I confess, the hint didn't even help me but now it seems obvious! :rolleyes:

Too funny!! Honestly, I haven't watched the movie in forever so I probably wouldn't have remembered it either.:)

Yeah, #1 is most definitely Dory in Finding Nemo.

#2 I am not going to google and cheat. I have to say I am stumped again. :confused:

Right on the first one!!! Hmmm....(hint...the new movie is coming out:rolleyes1)

Yesterday's Answers

1st one--
dory.jpg
Dory from Finding Nemo!! (yes...it was a really easy one!;))

2nd one--
thth02.jpg
Alice from Alice in Wonderland!!

YAY!!! to everyone for getting the first question correct!!!:dance3:

Congrats to mommytothreeboys and Cory's Gal for getting the second one right!!!party:

Today's movie quote is-----

"Look at the stars. The great kings of the past look down on us from those stars....So whenever you feel alone, just remember that those kings will always be there to guide you. And so will I."

Okay, I think this may be another easy one.....not sure though. I'll see what you guys think!!;)

(Hang in there I promise to post a real update tomorrow!!):upsidedow

Great quotes! I haven't sat through all of Ratatouille, but DH & DS6 have watched it several times.

I definitely would have guessed Finding Nemo for yesterday's first quote. Too bad I didn't see it yesterday... :sad2:

Wouldn't have guessed the second one from yesterday - maybe with the hint.

As far as today's... Hmmm... Not sure, maybe The Lion King? (the quote makes me think outdoors & kings...) :confused3

Gracious! I got two installments behind. Don't think I'm ignoring you....I've ignored my own trip report too. ;)

You've got some counter service restaurants on your list that we want to try....specifically Wolfgang Puck Express and Columbia Harbour House. In all of our trips to Disney World, we never eaten at either one. Like you, we want to try something new this trip. We aren't very adventurous eaters though and tend to eat the same thing every year.

John has ordered the orange chicken and rice from the counter service place in China (can't remember the name of the restaurant) and said it was pretty good. The only complaint he had was he would have liked more of the orange juicy stuff on his rice.

Sweet! Am I first?? It's --> Mufasa in Lion King

Love that movie :love:

Woot!!:woohoo: You are correct!!! and first too!! Great job!!:thumbsup2 It's such a great movie!! I actually haven't seen it in a while....I may have to pull it out this weekend.;)
Great quotes! I haven't sat through all of Ratatouille, but DH & DS6 have watched it several times.

I definitely would have guessed Finding Nemo for yesterday's first quote. Too bad I didn't see it yesterday... :sad2:

Wouldn't have guessed the second one from yesterday - maybe with the hint.

As far as today's... Hmmm... Not sure, maybe The Lion King? (the quote makes me think outdoors & kings...) :confused3

Hi Amy,

My boys love Ratatouille, especially my youngest. It's such a cute movie!!:thumbsup2

Yup, you are right on today's question!!! YAY! Great job!!!:yay:

Gracious! I got two installments behind. Don't think I'm ignoring you....I've ignored my own trip report too. ;)

You've got some counter service restaurants on your list that we want to try....specifically Wolfgang Puck Express and Columbia Harbour House. In all of our trips to Disney World, we never eaten at either one. Like you, we want to try something new this trip. We aren't very adventurous eaters though and tend to eat the same thing every year.

John has ordered the orange chicken and rice from the counter service place in China (can't remember the name of the restaurant) and said it was pretty good. The only complaint he had was he would have liked more of the orange juicy stuff on his rice.

Hi Lisa!!

As you know we are definitely not adventurous eaters either!! However...with being on the QSDP last April, I tried to find places that didn't serve just the typical burgers and fries. We were so happy with Wolfgang Puck Express and Columbia Harbour House!! We want to go back again this trip but we also want to throw in a few new places as well.

The orange chicken and rice sounds really good. We love Chinese food so the CS place in China would probably be a good fit for us. I guess we'll just play it by ear and see what we feel like while we are wandering around the WS.:)

Hi Lisa!!

As you know we are definitely not adventurous eaters either!! However...with being on the QSDP last April, I tried to find places that didn't serve just the typical burgers and fries. We were so happy with Wolfgang Puck Express and Columbia Harbour House!! We want to go back again this trip but we also want to throw in a few new places as well.

The orange chicken and rice sounds really good. We love Chinese food so the CS place in China would probably be a good fit for us. I guess we'll just play it by ear and see what we feel like while we are wandering around the WS.:)

I want to try new places too but I fear we'll end up at the same places.

I want to try new places too but I fear we'll end up at the same places.

We do that a lot in Epcot!! Every trip I say that I want to try someplace new in the WS but it seems like we always head back to the Liberty Inn for burgers and fries. I don't why we do it...especially when there are so many other great places to eat.:confused3 I guess it just becomes easier than trying to figure out what everyone wants. That's why I'm hoping with a little planning maybe we can finally try something new this trip!!

We do that a lot in Epcot!! Every trip I say that I want to try someplace new in the WS but it seems like we always head back to the Liberty Inn for burgers and fries. I don't why we do it...especially when there are so many other great places to eat.:confused3 I guess it just becomes easier than trying to figure out what everyone wants. That's why I'm hoping with a little planning maybe we can finally try something new this trip!!

Same here. We spend two days at Epcot. On one of those days, we eat at Electric Umbrella. On the second day, we stop in Liberty Inn. Man, we are boring!

Yesterday's trivia answer is..............
mufasa.jpg
--Mufasa from the Lion King!!

Congrats MickeyMom and DisMomAmy!!!! Great job!:dance3:

Touring Plans!!

Day 1/Arrival Day

So, the plan is to get up bright and early on April 12th, of course I will have everything packed. Yes...I know we are still 2 months away but I must admit I have been occasionally throwing things in the suitcases here and there.;) It's winter here...it's not like we are going to be using those shorts and t-shirts anytime soon.:laughing:

The Plan--We'll probably grab something quick for breakfast so we can leave at 8:00am at the very latest. It takes about 3 hours to get to Syracuse,NY from our house so that should put us there around 11:00am or so depending on the traffic and weather. We'll stop somewhere for lunch...hmmm not sure where yet?:confused3 Then we'll head over to the airport around 12:30pm. Our flight leaves at 2:30pm. It's only about a 2 1/2 hour flight so we should be arriving in Orlando around 5:00pm. We'll head to the DME counter and be on our way to Pop Century!!

I will probably do online check-in again this trip. We have been very happy with it on our last 2 trips. Everything has always been ready when we got there. I am also going to call and request the 50's section this time. We've never stayed in this section before but have stayed in all the rest.

After we check-in, we'll probably grab something to eat from the food court. Then I don't really have anything planned for the night. I thought we could just hang around the resort, maybe do the arcade, some shopping, swimming or whatever. We just want to take it slow so we are all rested for our first park day....Epcot!! :woohoo:

Here are a few pictures that I have taken at Pop Century. I think most of them are from our 2008 trip, but a few may be from last year. It really is a fun resort....especially for kids!! There is so much to see! The boys love it!!

WaltDisneyWorld2008004.jpg

WaltDisneyWorld2008045.jpg

WaltDisneyWorld2008085.jpg

WaltDisneyWorld2008096-2.jpg

WaltDisneyWorld2008189-1.jpg

WaltDisneyWorld2008295.jpg

WaltDisneyWorld2008358.jpg

100_0465-2.jpg

100_0697-1.jpg

100_0702-1.jpg

100_0958-1.jpg

100_0969.jpg

100_1108-1.jpg

100_1103.jpg

100_1105.jpg

100_1054.jpg

100_1111.jpg

100_1110.jpg

Okay, I'll stop here....as you can tell I took a ton of pictures at Pop and this is only a quarter of them. I'll try and post some more as we get closer to the trip.

Sounds like you've got the leaving day planned out just right. I wish I could find cheap airfare so we could fly. I search and search every year and the cheapest I have found is over $350 a person. I just can't make myself pay almost a third of what our entire 10 day trip cost on airfare.

I love the pictures of Pop. We visited the resort in 2008 and thought it was just so cute. I actually had our 2009 vacation booked for Pop. But, when we found out that Lacey was coming along, John was worried we'd be too cramped with four in a room. And, we moved back to the CBR.

I stayed at Pop Century for a long weekend with my mom in 2008. It was a fun resort!

I think you have the right idea to just hang around the resort & get settled so you are ready for your first park morning. :thumbsup2

By the way... I do the same thing with the box in the corner of the bedroom. I won't need sunscreen before our trip, no harm in putting it in the box, right? ;)

Love all the POP pictures! We've never made it over there, but I think my boys would love all of the icons. Maybe this next trip we'll head over for a stroll one day! Great 1st day plans:thumbsup2

Yeah! It's always fun to see other people's pictures of resorts! We stayed at POP in 2007 and I wish we would have spent more time walking around the whole resort and checking things out! LOVE the pics Angie, your sons are too stinkin' cute!!!:goodvibes

Oh shoot, did I miss another trivia?! Darn!

Love the pictures from Pop. We've never stayed there but it looks like it's a fun place to stay. I still always wonder why they never finished it though.

POP looks very fun, I can see why people like it so much. Your day 1 plans sound really good!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter