Crocs at Palo??

It seems like they should either pick a dress code they will enforce consistently, or not bother having one at all. I'd be pretty pissed if I took the time to pack one-time-use clothes to abide by the dress code, and then saw the host waving in people with t-shirts and flip flops.

Well, you're probably pretty pissed every time you cruise DCL, then.

Actually, I have never seen t-shirts, shorts or flip-flops when I've been in either restaurant. If I did, I would say something. Again, if the dress code is honored as much in the breach as in the observance, then why even bother having one?

Actually, I have never seen t-shirts, shorts or flip-flops when I've been in either restaurant. If I did, I would say something. Again, if the dress code is honored as much in the breach as in the observance, then why even bother having one?
Well, I was reading your original comment "It seems like they should either pick a dress code they will enforce consistently, or not bother having one at all." as referring to a dress code for the main dining room. But, I get that we're actually talking about Palo (and Remy) here.

In the MDR, there's really no dress code (any more). But there used to be one. And we all know what happened to that.

Hey guys, sorry to ask this and don't want to derail.....but are y'all saying on a cruise shoes like sneakers/tennis/athletic shoes and flip flops are not allowed in any of the didn't places? I saw named restaurants like Remy and Pablo mentioned as well as the main dining rooms. Is there anyplace you CAN eat in the above mentioned footwear?

Well, I was reading your original post "It seems like they should either pick a dress code they will enforce consistently, or not bother having one at all." as referring to a dress code for the main dining room. But, I get that we're actually talking about Palo (and Remy) here.

In the MDR, there's really no dress code (any more). But there used to be one. And we all know what happened to that.

I am grateful for the relaxed dress code at the main eatin' places, if only because that's where the children eat. Trying to herd multiple kids to dress fancy for dinner would be an aggravating time-sink that I am happy to not have to deal with.

But as @bcwife76 and @IrishEye said, signature dining is a 100% optional experience. If you don't like the strings attached, don't book it.

I am grateful for the relaxed dress code at the main eatin' places, if only because that's where the children eat. Trying to herd multiple kids to dress fancy for dinner would be an aggravating time-sink that I am happy to not have to deal with.

But as @bcwife76 and @IrishEye said, signature dining is a 100% optional experience. If you don't like the strings attached, don't book it.
:thumbsup2

That's gross and wrong. If you can afford a cruise you can afford a pair of shoes.
I know I am straying off topic; however, people return shoes all of the time. Also, Goodwill and other thrift stores sell used shoes. Does everyone who bowls own their own shoes? I do, but they were my father's.

To get back on topic, I suggest Palo should monitor footwear and not allow tennis shoes, flip flops, shower shoes, and crocs. And if that doesn't work for you, perhaps you should not include Palo on your agenda.

MUN

Hey guys, sorry to ask this and don't want to derail.....but are y'all saying on a cruise shoes like sneakers/tennis/athletic shoes and flip flops are not allowed in any of the didn't places? I saw named restaurants like Remy and Pablo mentioned as well as the main dining rooms. Is there anyplace you CAN eat in the above mentioned footwear?

You can wear those things in the main dining rooms. It seems like the only things really verboten in the MDRs are pieces of swimwear.

I know I am straying off topic; however, people return shoes all of the time. Also, Goodwill and other thrift stores sell used shoes. Does everyone who bowls own their own shoes? I do, but they were my father's.

Buying them with the intention of using them once and returning them for a refund is known in retail as "return fraud". Tacky, to say the least. And if the shoes look unused and are repackaged and put back on the shelves? Well, you have to admit that's a little icky for the subsequent buyer.

To get back on topic, I suggest Palo should monitor footwear and not allow tennis shoes, flip flops, shower shoes, and crocs. And if that doesn't work for you, perhaps you should not include Palo on your agenda

I agree wholeheartedly. I would have understood 100% if the host told me that my Keens were unacceptable.

But the...I don't...WHY?!?!?!

Oh, did you miss that whole thread? Basically she wanted to wear pajamas "really just the bottoms with a t-shirt" and wanted us all to tell her it was ok. We pretty much all said "Only if it is the last morning and you were stupid and packed all your clothes. NOT at dinner - or really any other time." and she proceeded to basically virtually flip us the bird and say she was going to do it anyway.

More than one of us told her not to be surprised or disappointed if she was asked to go back and dress more appropriately.

It never ceases to amaze me when I see men and women in their jammies for breakfast in the buffet. I think some believe that we cant' figure it out. I think some truly don't care. It takes two seconds to put on something decent.

Oh, did you miss that whole thread? Basically she wanted to wear pajamas "really just the bottoms with a t-shirt" and wanted us all to tell her it was ok. We pretty much all said "Only if it is the last morning and you were stupid and packed all your clothes. NOT at dinner - or really any other time." and she proceeded to basically virtually flip us the bird and say she was going to do it anyway.

More than one of us told her not to be surprised or disappointed if she was asked to go back and dress more appropriately.

I wish I could say I'm sorry I missed that thread.

That having been said, I hope she got what was coming to her.

It never ceases to amaze me when I see men and women in their jammies for breakfast in the buffet. I think some believe that we cant' figure it out. I think some truly don't care. It takes two seconds to put on something decent.
Last week I watched a guy wear his pajamas and no shoes to the buffet. I mean, the pjs were shorts and a t shirt but shoes?! Isn't there at least a rule about wearing shoes into restaurants?

This is when it WOULD be appropriate for flip-flops and crocs! Drives me absolutely crazy when I see people come bouncing into Cabanas at lunch (or late breakfast even) wearing just their swimsuit and no cover-up! And I've yet to see them get told to "cover up"! It's just gross!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter