Crocs at Palo??

Texan here - are cowboy boots really worse then crocs?

I've seen cowboy boots at many a formal event, just get them shined at the airport on the way.
OP is just saying she doesn't want to have to pack the boots. Not that there's anything wrong with them. Certainly I would think cowboy boots would work (as long as they aren't the ones used to muck the stalls).

Are you going for dinner or for brunch? I ask because last week on the Wonder, there did not appear to be a dress code for brunch. They were absolutely people there in shorts, and one young woman had on flip-flops. And I don't mean the decorative kind with sparkles or rhinestones. Plain plastic flip-flops.

Seriously..Go to Target and spend $15-20 on a pair of loafers or oxfords. That's what we do for our kids who also only own Crocs and running shoes when we go on a cruise. They can wear them every night in all the dining rooms, including Palo. That will be cheaper than buying Crocs, which are about $35/pair.

We saw one guy at brunch in a t shirt with a beer logo on it, he was let in, no problem.

Was it Palo or Remy? I could see (but not agree with) it being allowed at Palo. I'd be amazed if they allowed it at Remy.

I wonder if they are more lenient with the dress code if bookings are light - i.e., if there's nobody else on the the wait list, then denying entry to t-shirt guy and his party means less revenue for DCL and less tips for the servers.

Isn't the second pair tennis shoes? To me tennis/walking shoes are the same thing. And actually reading the policy that @darnheather listed the sketched sandals and Crocs should be allowed, because neither are flip flops.

When did they change the Palo dress code? In 2016 we saw a guy have to change from jeans to borrowed dress pants.

That is not how I read it at all. I wouldn't think crocs would be allowed since flip flops and tennis shoes aren't.

For brunch last year on the CC Challenge cruise we saw guests in running suits, shorts, sneakers, and one even had on a baseball cap. This was not the day of the race, but I believe this group may have been exempt from the rules. :sad2:

Was it Palo or Remy? I could see (but not agree with) it being allowed at Palo. I'd be amazed if they allowed it at Remy.

I wonder if they are more lenient with the dress code if bookings are light - i.e., if there's nobody else on the the wait list, then denying entry to t-shirt guy and his party means less revenue for DCL and less tips for the servers.
Yes, it was Palo, and yes, it was a lighter cruise overall, Panama Canal. You may be right in your thinking.

Seriously..Go to Target and spend $15-20 on a pair of loafers or oxfords. That's what we do for our kids who also only own Crocs and running shoes when we go on a cruise. They can wear them every night in all the dining rooms, including Palo. That will be cheaper than buying Crocs, which are about $35/pair.
OP should save the receipt, and take the "dress" shoes back to Walmart when the cruise is over and get her money back.

Let's try to keep this thread on topic, of what is acceptable at Palo. Thanks! :thumbsup2

T-Shirts, shorts and flip-flops :scared1:. I have never seen this and would probably mention to the Manager that it did not seem appropriate. On our February cruise aboard the Wonder a man was sent back to the room to change from shorts when he arrived for Brunch. It is an upscale experience and people have the option to participate or not.

T-Shirts, shorts and flip-flops :scared1:. I have never seen this and would probably mention to the Manager that it did not seem appropriate. On our February cruise aboard the Wonder a man was sent back to the room to change from shorts when he arrived for Brunch. It is an upscale experience and people have the option to participate or not.

Right? Palo is a completely optional experience. I feel like if they have a dress code you should adhere to it and if you don't want to, don't book it. And don't pout if you are told to dress more appropriately. Shorts and tshirts are fine for the pool, but not at Palo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter