Criminal Minds -- DIS Official Thread 1 (SPOILERS!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I loved last nights' "choking" episode and it really opened up a conversation between myself and DD about this game. Unfortunately, it is being played out by our tweens and teens and of course has been a game in the sex arena for quite some time with adults. We started with choking and moved on to huffing and cutting ~ hey, anything that helps me communicate better with the kids is a good thing. Didn't hurt that CM is one of my favorite shows too:)

Wow...thanks I will do the same with DD. It ceases to amaze me the amount of stuff out there!!! :sad2:

I noticed a continuity error though. They flew out to the case on a G200 and back on a G100. In past episodes they have flown a G550. I notice weird things like that.

I think their plane probably just dropped them off and a different one (whatever was available) would pick them up when the case was done.

Strange episode. Sometimes I wonder if they have these on purpose to be a covert message. Hey kids, don't choke yourself, it is both dangerous and really weird.

I thought of David Carradine and how he died from doing the same thing in that hotel room, alone in Thailand.

His brother, Keith Carradine had done two episodes of CM. He played that wacko, (as opposed to the other wackos :laughing: ) who had an obsession for some woman named Jane. He found her again at the end of the show, and they wandered off into the desert together. Gideon & the team couldn't find them.

I kind of wonder if the writers kind of did this anti-choking episode in support of Keith Carradine. :scratchin

Has auto-erotic asphyxiation become the replacement to sniffing glue & spray paints for teens? :confused:

On another note, I think I've been watching too many CMs and shows like Law & Order. I figured out the Munchausen Syndrone right away. What average lay person knows this and what Stockholm Syndrome is? :blush:

I thought of David Carradine and how he died from doing the same thing in that hotel room, alone in Thailand.

His brother, Keith Carradine had done two episodes of CM. He played that wacko, (as opposed to the other wackos :laughing: ) who had an obsession for some woman named Jane. He found her again at the end of the show, and they wandered off into the desert together. Gideon & the team couldn't find them.

I kind of wonder if the writers kind of did this anit-choking episode in support of Keith Carradine. :scartchin

Has auto-erotic asphyxiation become the replacement to sniffing glue & spray paints for teens? :confused:

On another note, I think I've been watching too many CMs and shows like Law & Order. I figured out the Munchausen Syndrone right away. What average lay person knows this and what Stockholm Syndrome is? :blush:

I didn't know that was Keith Carradine but he does look exactly like him. I remember the episodes he was on well. He ended up killing one of Gideon's friends in his apartment.

The whole self strangulation is almost as strange to me as these cutters that are around. What the heck is wrong with people? A joint or two as a teen I get, maybe a couple of beers. I'm not that old and even the glue sniffers were very rare when I was in H.S. and I never understood the point of that either. Cutting and the strangulation are just weird to me and I think you have to be extremely disturbed to do either them.

I hear you on watching too many cop shows. I have gotten to the point where I can call about 50% of the plots before they are fully realized. I missed the dad though, I thought for sure it wasn't going to be that kid but I didn't see the dad coming.

I didn't know that was Keith Carradine but he does look exactly like him. I remember the episodes he was on well. He ended up killing one of Gideon's friends in his apartment.

The whole self strangulation is almost as strange to me as these cutters that are around. What the heck is wrong with people? A joint or two as a teen I get, maybe a couple of beers. I'm not that old and even the glue sniffers were very rare when I was in H.S. and I never understood the point of that either. Cutting and the strangulation are just weird to me and I think you have to be extremely disturbed to do either them.

I hear you on watching too many cop shows. I have gotten to the point where I can call about 50% of the plots before they are fully realized. I missed the dad though, I thought for sure it wasn't going to be that kid but I didn't see the dad coming.
My husband swears that I watch all these crime shows because I'm looking for the best way to get rid of him. :rotfl:

LOL my husband says the same too... ur planning the perfect crime arent u?

I knew its was the dad too and figured out the Münchhausen too.

Ok to all fellow CM lovers which is ur most fav/creepy episode?

DH and I LOVE CM and watch it Every week, plus we watch the re-runs on A&E frequently.

The Only episode we won't watch again is the one with the killer who targeted familys leaving for vacation in the morning.
We watched it when it first aired and it was tough to fall asleep that night...because we WERE leaving for vacation the next morning:scared1:.
We live in an older house and there were lots of creaks and noises that night. Usually we blame them on the cats.. That night... not so much.

Probably The fisher King Part 1 & 2. It's the one where they find a dead body in Elle's room and all the members start to get clues.

The one from earlier this year with the 3 brothers killing people in DC was also really good.

DH and I LOVE CM and watch it Every week, plus we watch the re-runs on A&E frequently.

The Only episode we won't watch again is the one with the killer who targeted familys leaving for vacation in the morning.
We watched it when it first aired and it was tough to fall asleep that night...because we WERE leaving for vacation the next morning:scared1:.
We live in an older house and there were lots of creaks and noises that night. Usually we blame them on the cats.. That night... not so much.
I don't remember that one.

I don't remember which one was the creepiest to me. All the episodes tend to run together for me after a while.

I don't remember that one.

I don't remember which one was the creepiest to me. All the episodes tend to run together for me after a while.

It was from Season 1.

"The Fox"
The BAU profiles a serial killer who takes families hostage and lives with them as a father figure during what is supposed to be their family vacations.

Probably The fisher King Part 1 & 2. It's the one where they find a dead body in Elle's room and all the members start to get clues.

I like the episodes where they directly involve someone on the team, too. I like the one where Morgan went back to visit his mom for her birthday and was framed for killing boys at the old Youth Center he grew up at.

Also, the episode where Garcia was shot & they had to find the guy.

Also, this season, the Reaper/Hotch/Haley episode. Hotch has become more and more unemotional as the series has progressed, but in that episode, it was so clear how much he loved his wife. He has a real quiet strength & steadiness about him that I've come to appreciate.

It was from Season 1.

"The Fox"
The BAU profiles a serial killer who takes families hostage and lives with them as a father figure during what is supposed to be their family vacations.

I didn't get into CM until just before Elle left the BAU and Prentiss replaced her. Elle seemed a little too sultry to me, to be FBI.

There are actually episodes here and there that are "new" to me as I catch them on A&E or ION. This one sounds like one I haven't seen, either. :scratchin

There is a rerun tomorrow night on CBS for the second episode of this season. No show at all this Wed night. :confused: CBS did something similar a couple weeks ago, where they showed CM on a different night.

I hope that's not because they are trying to find a different night to air CM on. That's always the kiss of death for a series when they move a show from a long established night to a different night & time. :scared1:

According to the episode number listed at IMdb.com, we are only halfway through the season! About 13 more episodes left. :happytv: :thumbsup2

If I remember right Saturdays on CBS has always been random crime show reruns.

I think its not on this week because of the State of the Union.

Hmph! CBS really needs to get their priorities straight. :mad: ;)

I was thinking, :scratchin Saturday night was the SAG Awards. Usually, when another station knows that a lot of their usual audience may be watching something else, like the Superbowl, they usually do preempt their regular shows (since they know less people will be watching,) and do insert a good, quality show to draw the viewers who won't be watching. :thumbsup2

Did anyone else notice, when they brought Garcia along with them and she did such a great job of gaining rapport with the teen that Hotch said, "We should bring her along all the time"? :woohoo:

Hmph! CBS really needs to get their priorities straight. :mad: ;)
woohoo:

No kidding :lmao:

I think that Fox got a lot of hassle last year when they didn't want to show an address by President Obama because American Idol was due to be on.

Performing a little public service here on this thread. ;) :goodvibes

Since Criminal Minds has been preempted this week because of the presidental speech and many of us are going through withdrawal for a new episode. (Not counting the gazillion repeats on A&E and ION. :laughing: ) Here is a "new" clip, courtesy of YouTube, some of you many not have seen. :teeth:

YouTube: Criminal Minds season 2 Bloopers

Enjoy! :happytv:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter