Credit for Mousekeeping Rumor

Glad to hear that the testing is still happening. This is something that appeals to my family. I also have sympathy for any workers who might lose their jobs over this. I hope that the current employees are paying attention and start looking for other employment now, before their jobs are actually displaced.

As for the comment about not passing the savings on to customers - that is exactly what Disney is doing with the gift cards.

A. I promise you Disney is saving far more than they are giving in gift cards.
B. The amount of the gift cards has already dropped from $20 to $15 per day. If you think Disney is going to keep giving people money, I have an ocean front condo in Arizona you might be interested in.

A. I promise you Disney is saving far more than they are giving in gift cards.
B. The amount of the gift cards has already dropped from $20 to $15 per day. If you think Disney is going to keep giving people money, I have an ocean front condo in Arizona you might be interested in.
The post said that the savings would not be passed along - they are being passed along. You can make guesses about the future, but the facts are simple.

I have a friends who's dd is staying at Coronado Springs and they weren't able to get her room cleaned until 5!! I'm wondering if there is a shortage of workers and that is why this credit is going into effect? Nothing like flying in and not having a room to go to. I know I've crossed places off my list to return to, if I can't get in till way after supposed check in time.

The post said that the savings would not be passed along - they are being passed along. You can make guesses about the future, but the facts are simple.

The savings aren't being passed along. A tiny fraction of the savings is being passed along. For now.

The fact is last week is was $20 , today is $15
Next month a room discount for no house keeping
The month after that maid service is an upcharge

Past behavior is always a good way to anticipate the future
Magic Your way Tickets
Weekend Pricing for rooms
House keeping your Way, No extra charge for Bed Bugs

Great thoughts.

It brings up an interesting view. Do you want to be checking in and have to bat this around? Or even be considering it at all?

I'm with you on the frugal side. Someone offers me $20/night to have no pillows, I'll at least think about it :)

Hmmm.....I'm one who usually brings my own pillow from home because I have a hard time sleeping on pillows other than it. I would definitely take $20/night for no pillows. :lovestruc

I remember reading a while back that they were looking at a serious "re-training" or "re-vamping" of mousekeeping because of all the complaints people were having about poor service. Wonder if maybe this is a way to buy some extra time to do this.....it frees up some time for them to get training if they aren't having to clean "x" number of rooms a day due to people accepting the giftcards. But then again who am I kidding?? It's more likely to be a cost cutter to line the pockets of the head cheese.

I'm wondering if it's just a case of Disney having X number of housekeepers and Y number of rooms. When the occupancy rate of Y outweighs X, this deal is offered. If that theory holds true, this won't be offered during "slower" times, if such a thing even exists anymore. All I know is, we leave the privacy sign on our door the entire duration of our 2 week stays, so I'm hoping this is still available in early September at Pop. A gift card would be nice, but either way, we don't be using housekeeping other than to request extra towels and toiletries upon arrival.

I'm wondering if it's just a case of Disney having X number of housekeepers and Y number of rooms. When the occupancy rate of Y outweighs X, this deal is offered. If that theory holds true, this won't be offered during "slower" times, if such a thing even exists anymore. All I know is, we leave the privacy sign on our door the entire duration of our 2 week stays, so I'm hoping this is still available in early September at Pop. A gift card would be nice, but either way, we don't be using housekeeping other than to request extra towels and toiletries upon arrival.
We are the same the do not disturb sign will be on our door also. So I guess Disney is losing money on people like us. Since we would refuse housekeeping for free. By the way I'll be at pop September 12-21 see ya there.

Any update on this or any recent experiences? I'm hoping this is still available in early September.

Any update on this or any recent experiences? I'm hoping this is still available in early September.
I'm sorry I don't know how to link it...
See the following thread for recent posts about it (second to last page):
Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

I'm sorry I don't know how to link it...
See the following thread for recent posts about it (second to last page):
Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Thanks. I guess there's no way for us to know how long it will last. I was just hoping for some secret informant to come along. lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!