• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

COVID Testing Hypothetical - Does Quarantine End July 8?

Maxwell42

Mouseketeer
We're leaving for Hawaii (Big Island, then Aulani) on July 6, so we're missing the lifting of the testing requirements by two days (grrrr), so although we were all vaccinated months ago, we will get tested prior to our flight. But the fact that the testing and quarantine requirements for vaccinated travelers change two days later has me thinking about a what-if scenario.

What if, although we're vaccinated, one of us tests positive for the virus or, for whatever reason (lab glitch or something), does not have a negative test prior to departure. The current requirement is a mandatory 10 day quarantine. But what happens on July 8 to anyone who is in quarantine but has been vaccinated? Does their quarantine requirement end at that point, provided they upload a copy of their vaccination card?

I understand that it's highly unlikely, but not impossible, to test positive for the virus after being vaccinated. I'm just wondering if such a result should delay our trip, or if we should go ahead with it knowing that we'd only have to quarantine for one full day before the change goes into effect. I haven't seen an answer anywhere, but I'm just curious.

We're leaving for Hawaii (Big Island, then Aulani) on July 6, so we're missing the lifting of the testing requirements by two days (grrrr), so although we were all vaccinated months ago, we will get tested prior to our flight. But the fact that the testing and quarantine requirements for vaccinated travelers change two days later has me thinking about a what-if scenario.

What if, although we're vaccinated, one of us tests positive for the virus or, for whatever reason (lab glitch or something), does not have a negative test prior to departure. The current requirement is a mandatory 10 day quarantine. But what happens on July 8 to anyone who is in quarantine but has been vaccinated? Does their quarantine requirement end at that point, provided they upload a copy of their vaccination card?

I understand that it's highly unlikely, but not impossible, to test positive for the virus after being vaccinated. I'm just wondering if such a result should delay our trip, or if we should go ahead with it knowing that we'd only have to quarantine for one full day before the change goes into effect. I haven't seen an answer anywhere, but I'm just curious.
So let understand this better…
you feel that since july 8th is the day when a covid test is no longer required to get into hawaii…but if someone in your party test postive you feel that it is ok NOT to quarrantine for the full 10 day…that it is ok to infect those who have not had the vaccine because hell..YOU are vaccinated. 😡🤬

If you arrive before July 8th you have to follow all the current rules. You would need to quarantine for 10 days, so as late as July 17th.

If you have covid and arrive on the 8th or later and are vaccinated you do not need to quarantine. That is the risk Hawaii is willing to take starting July 8th. They hope people won’t do that but it is a potential outcome.

Yes, if you test positive or don't have negative results before boarding, the quarantine isn't going to end in 2 days just because you are vaccinated, they ain't going to go back to review your CDC card. You will need to quarantine for the full 10 days. It sucks, but what can you do?

Good luck with your trip and getting test results on time!

Great3

So let understand this better…
you feel that since july 8th is the day when a covid test is no longer required to get into hawaii…but if someone in your party test postive you feel that it is ok NOT to quarrantine for the full 10 day…that it is ok to infect those who have not had the vaccine because hell..YOU are vaccinated. 😡🤬
I believe they are saying if they have been vaccinated and are asymptomatic but test positive which is much less infectious than a non vaxxed person, not even a concern of the state effective 2 days later. It is also a hypothetical so maybe judge less, this wouldn’t be an easy thing to be cool with missing out on when you got vaccinated and feel fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter